Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default 2016: A better healthier Me...

So every year i say this... and every year I fail... but I am tired of failing. I want to lose this weight.

I've been wanting to have another baby... and my SO and I have been talking about it. But for me to do that (for my own reasons) I want to loose weight. I want to be a skinnier me, before I start growing a human lol

My problem is I just suck at it. I need tips and ideas to help me with healthier meals. I want your favorite apps you use. And your favorite routines to keep you in the habit of making good choices. Do we have a weight loss group on here yet? I need help being held accountable.

I really do want this to be my year I succeed. I have 55+ lbs to lose and I know I can do it.

Is there a goal you struggle with?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know a lot of people have had great success using My Fitness Pal. I would start by determining the daily calorie goal you want to follow and go from there. I would start in the 1400-1500 calorie range to start off and then you can go down from there. Meal prepping is very helpful for me. It takes time to get there but it is worth it in the long run. Then you know exactly what you are eating every day. It's also very nice to have support at home. My husband and kids don't eat the way I eat which makes it hard sometimes.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely meal prepping helps! Definitely learning to cook your own meals and not eating out. No processed "convenience" foods. Eat "REAL" food - veggies, fruits, grains, potatoes, etc. Keep the fats/oils to a minimum. I eat plant-based whole foods and I am feeling fabulous I also do yoga at home, which I love.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I am cutting out processed foods and sugars... no more drive thru's... which is hard since my SO loves them lol no more soda... I will be walking everyday and gonna attempt couch to 5k sometime too. for now I am gonna try the walking to get moving again.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What worked for me is paying attention to the amount of carbs that I eat. For me, my motivation was being told bad news at my annual checkup and deciding then and there that I was going to improve my health. I want to be around for a long time and grow old with my DH.

I lost almost 40 lbs. I do exercise but I don't run miles and miles or am at the gym every day. I walk, I do light exercise and generally keep active (playing basketball with my kids, etc.) I completely re-did my diet. I don't eat grains anymore. I lowered my sugar intake. I watch my carbs (which means I don't eat potatoes or beans). I eat lots of greens and drink alot of water every day. I also take vitamins every day to supplement what I am not getting since I cut out grains and carbs. You also have to keep eating healthy fats in order for your body to burn energy. I still get to eat cheese, nuts, avocado, milk, etc so long as it's full fat and not reduced fat. I can still eat a cheeseburger with all the fixings (minus the bun) I don't count calories. I just pay attention to the amount of carbs I'm consuming every day.

But I can honestly say - it takes alot of discipline. It worked for me because I was at the point that I wanted to change and stuck to it. I lost my dad to diabetes. I told myself that I was not going to follow in his path and I know he would be telling me that as well if he were still here.

All of the suggestions above are great! I hope you succeed!

Last edited by navaja77; 01-04-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That sounds exactly like what I need to do. I tend to over do it on the carbs... (i like my potatoes way too much) so I want to do that and lessen the grains as well. I love cheese and avocados and stuff so I think that path will be a lot easier for me.

I am determined to get healthier because I want more babies and don't want to be adding more weight to my already overweight body. I want to see the changes in my body when it happens... lol so i think having that motivation will be exactly what I need... plus I want to be smaller for the day that I do get married to my SO. I want to look back and smile on those pictures and that day and not be disgusted with my weight.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost 100lb last year, then fell pregnant when I was 28lb from my goal weight lol.

I quit sugar, fizzy drinks, cooked from scratch and planned everything. I did also run until I fell pregnant then had to stop, I miss it so much!

Because I'm eating healthy while pregnant I'm kind of maintaining my weight which I'm still losing my 'fat' weight and gaining baby weight, if that makes sense lol.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I actually just started Weight Watchers last week. I have yo-yo'd for years, and over the past year, I've gained an additional 30 (on my already overweight body). It was a series of health issues and stress that did me in, but I can't let this continue.

We used to have a weekly weight-loss post here in the forum, but it sorta fizzled out. I'd be glad to start another if there is interest!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post

We used to have a weekly weight-loss post here in the forum, but it sorta fizzled out. I'd be glad to start another if there is interest!
Yes!!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes I really would love this... I need people to hold me accountable. I am tired of being "fat" lol

And I loved weight watchers and did it for awhile. I learned a lot about how to eat from them.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

Yes!!!!!!! that be awesome Libby. I have lost of fifty pounds within the last 6 months. I cut out all caffeine all I drink is water ( I have been doing half my weight in oz.) eat small meals and frequently 5-6 small meals of the right types of food. If you get a craving or something, drink an 8oz glass of water and wait 20 minutes generally your just thirsty. Every person is different, take it one day at a time.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I also have a Fitbit, that sucker got me motivated. Also a lot of walking helped me, I can walk about 6-8 miles a day. I had the cheapest Fitbit which is about 50 bucks. From what I have read online and from a couple doctors you want to do 10,000 steps a day.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 01-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Holly** View Post
I love cheese and avocados and stuff so I think that .
Just remember that both cheese and avocados are very high in fat -so their calories add up fast Avocados are super healthy but a calorie is a calorie.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Started a January thread here. Do you guys think a weekly thread would be better? I did monthly for that post, but I can change it o weekly...
Old 01-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensmommy217 View Post
I also have a Fitbit, that sucker got me motivated. Also a lot of walking helped me, I can walk about 6-8 miles a day. I had the cheapest Fitbit which is about 50 bucks. From what I have read online and from a couple doctors you want to do 10,000 steps a day.
I am looking to get a fitbit or something comparable to track my steps (my iphone just isn't cutting it)

I found this one that's got great reviews... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01..._dp_o_pC_S_ttl
Old 01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Just remember that both cheese and avocados are very high in fat -so their calories add up fast Avocados are super healthy but a calorie is a calorie.
Oh that I know lol... I don't eat them very often and I would use it for my daily fats mostly... but yes, every calorie counts lol
Old 01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Started a January thread here. Do you guys think a weekly thread would be better? I did monthly for that post, but I can change it o weekly...
Thank you Libby!!! I think monthly is good for now... see how it goes and see how active it gets.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

2015 sure was a 'fat' one for me!! I lost so much weight in 2013/14 on Weight Watchers but in 2014/15 we moved and life was so stressful. I ate my way back to what I weighed before. Plus a few pounds extra. I have about 40 lbs to lose now. I am joining Wesight Watchers online again because it helped me stay on track, and the recipes and the tracker app on my phone were amazing. I am actually really excited to lose this weight in 2016.

I will say some tips are to prep food once a week. I chopped veggies for snacks and prepped salads. I realized prepping a salad for lunch everyday was time consuming and was keeping me from eating right. So I learned to make a huge amazing salad with assorted veggies & types of greens and kept it in a giant Tupperware lidded bowl in the fridge. If I stayed away from sliced tomatoes or other wet veggies the salad would keep all week. I just put a paper towel in the bottom to absorb moisture. I would add toppings like cucumbers, sliced peppers, fresh herbs, avocado, grape tomatoes, sesame seeds, craisins, almonds, chickpeas, etc. If I was especially hungry I'd add a hard-boiled egg or a roll of turkey/ham coldcuts. For dressing I mixed my own with Good Seasons packets. I used a tsp of that with 1/2 a lemon squeezed over top. I had to cut down on bread, cereal, and sugar mostly.

Another thing I learned is to treat myself daily. Because food should make you happy. If I deprived myself of everything I loved I would be bad and totally blow it that day. For me, I found things that FELT bad but stayed within my daily points, 2% Fage yogurt with cherry was like a dessert. And frozen chocolate covered Diana's Bananas.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh the frozen banana's sounds like a great idea!!!