Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Camera Bags....

I need one. I have looked several places but don't know what to get. I need people to tell me what they have and what they think of them. Kelly Moore is having a sale right now 25% off (with code). Do I need to jump on that or is there something better?

WHAT I WANT IN A BAG - stylish (I prefer leather over material, I think)but also protect my gear. I will need something that I can use as an every day bag. Currently only have my camera body and 50mm lens. I will be adding a couple of lenses soon though. SO, I need it to hold my camera with 2 lenses plus, wallet and a few necessities like diapers, wipes, Chapstick, ect. I have NO need for it to hold a laptop.

SO, let me have it............what would you recommend? What would you stay away from?

ETA: If you are interested.......Kelly Moore's code is END2012 that is good through 12/31/12.

Last edited by taracotta7; 12-27-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Those Kelly Moore bags look awesome! I especially like the Kelly Boy bag in mustard. Seems like that one fits all of your needs really nicely, and at 25% off how can you resist???

Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Kelly Moore and have carried it around for a year and a half. It works good and holds everything, but it is so heavy! When I'm using it, I seriously have someone mention my "huge bag" like once a week.

Right before Christmas, I decided I was tired of carrying all that stuff and got a camera insert from Amazon and a Vera Bradley. Unfortunately, the insert was too tight for the bag, but it's worked out for just carrying around my camera.

Anyway, my point- I have no advice. I suck at camera bags and still have an unsolved issues. And a vacation coming up where I will have to figure out how to lug all my junk around.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Also- I read on the CM forum that the mustard bags tend to transfer colors from jeans and dark colors... I would get a dark one if you go that route.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
I have a Kelly Moore and have carried it around for a year and a half. It works good and holds everything, but it is so heavy! When I'm using it, I seriously have someone mention my "huge bag" like once a week.

Right before Christmas, I decided I was tired of carrying all that stuff and got a camera insert from Amazon and a Vera Bradley. Unfortunately, the insert was too tight for the bag, but it's worked out for just carrying around my camera.

Anyway, my point- I have no advice. I suck at camera bags and still have an unsolved issues. And a vacation coming up where I will have to figure out how to lug all my junk around.
I think I am having issues too. My camera is already heavy. Then add the every day stuff.......it is making me nervous. lol SO now I am wondering if I just need a camera bag and not an every day bag. If I want to have my camera with me, just take the camera bag in addition to my purse? UGH! Decisions.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no real advice, either. I got the smallest purse-type bag I could find for carrying around my DSLR and even that was bigger than I'd like. I still use it sometimes when I want to bring my DSLR and don't want to carry an obvious camera bag, but most of the time I just use my phone camera.

I think the sale on the Kelly Moore bags is $25 off, not 25% off.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a Kelly Moore last Christmas and absolutely love it! I got a black B-hobo. It fits my camera with attached 50 mm plus 3 more lens. It also holds my wallet, phone, a few things and my iPad. It does get heavy when fully loaded. I don't usually keep it fully loaded. It was amazing when we traveled. I keep thinking of getting a smaller one for everyday use but like having all my lens and toys with me. I tend to switch things up with what I need.
ETA: Mine is black and goes with everything. The inside is purple and the only thing I would change. It has the removable dividers and is much cuter than my LowePro sling backpack.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I bought this camera bag from someone slightly used. http://www.jototes.com/products/rose-bronze I used it to carry my camera body, a lens, and everyday type stuff. I carried it for months but found it excessively heavy and after those few months I noticed my shoulder starting to hurt. Also the bag is imitation leather and the stuff that makes it look like leather is peeling off. I wouldn't recommend the bag because of the leather looking stuff peeling. I wish I had gotten just a camera bag separate from my purse. I got a point and shoot to keep in my purse and I'll carry the DSLR for special occasions. It's just too heavy. I did get lots of compliments on the looks of the bag from people thinking it was a purse.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought this & just put it in my every day pocketbook! I Love it! It totally protects it & doesn't add all the extra bulk.
http://www.amazon.com/DuraNeoprene-F...ds=dslr+sleeve

But, if you're wanting something to hold lenses too, I'd go with something like this, so you can change your bag whenever you want!
http://photojojo.com/store/awesomene...ra-bag-insert/
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the links, Deb! I HATE a heavy bag. I was so happy when my boys outgrew the stage where they required me to carry lots of stuff whenever we left the house. Now with Ari, I just have a big, lightweight bag that I put my camera in, but I don't feel like it's safe.

I'm considering the Haven by Crumpler because I can get it here. But I'm worried I might want to carry it by itself. The only problem is that the 4 MIllion Dollar bag that I like is only in ugly colors. And really, who wants ugly colors hanging around her neck?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Epiphanie bags are amazing...seriously I love mine. Mine is pink, holds my camera + lens on camera, four other lenses, a charger, my wallet and some lens cleaner, tissue paper and a few other odds and ends. It is realy heavy with all that though. I also havea Jo's Totes bag. This one: http://www.jototes.com/collections/a...eorgia-plaid-1

I like it but it does not hold as much as the Epiphanie bag I have (which is not sold anymore or Id link it as well)

Im looking at this one too:
http://www.jototes.com/collections/a...issy-chocolate

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

And FYI for those who really really want an Epiphanie bag but cant get past the price they are listed on B&H for 15% off right now

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What I carry is similar to what Deb posted...

On Amazon HERE

We have a backpack that holds all of our gear that we use if we are going to be on a trip or something but for just carrying the camera around, I just use the holster. My lens is an 18-200 (I think) so it is pretty versatile. I have other lenses but most of the time I just keep the most versatile one on it.

I have to say, I get lots of comments and compliments on it. It is so easy to throw over my head, across my chest and just wear like that. I can't stand to have the camera strap around my neck, but the holster works great.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oops, I lied. Mine is the long zoom holster instead of the short one.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont have one but have heard good things about the Epiphanie bags. I got an email that they are 15% off on the site until Dec 31st. Use code HAPPYNEWYEAR
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronisdragon View Post
I bought this camera bag from someone slightly used. http://www.jototes.com/products/rose-bronze I used it to carry my camera body, a lens, and everyday type stuff. I carried it for months but found it excessively heavy and after those few months I noticed my shoulder starting to hurt. Also the bag is imitation leather and the stuff that makes it look like leather is peeling off. I wouldn't recommend the bag because of the leather looking stuff peeling. I wish I had gotten just a camera bag separate from my purse. I got a point and shoot to keep in my purse and I'll carry the DSLR for special occasions. It's just too heavy. I did get lots of compliments on the looks of the bag from people thinking it was a purse.
YES! This is what I needed to know. Thank you for your input!

Debi - Totally checking that out because that might be what I need.

Jessica and Amber - I love the Epiphanie bags! Thanks so much for the help on getting it cheaper!!!

Why are these decisions so hard for me? LOL Craziness.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Thanks for the links, Deb! I HATE a heavy bag. I was so happy when my boys outgrew the stage where they required me to carry lots of stuff whenever we left the house. Now with Ari, I just have a big, lightweight bag that I put my camera in, but I don't feel like it's safe.

I'm considering the Haven by Crumpler because I can get it here. But I'm worried I might want to carry it by itself. The only problem is that the 4 MIllion Dollar bag that I like is only in ugly colors. And really, who wants ugly colors hanging around her neck?
Love this idea too! I have heard lots of good things about crumpler bags.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I bought an insert off etsy and use a diaper bag for the actual bag part. I can be indecisive and tend to change a lot so this was the best option for me.

I found the store I bought my insert from:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Martilena?ref=af_you_favshop
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I bought an insert off etsy and use a diaper bag for the actual bag part. I can be indecisive and tend to change a lot so this was the best option for me.

I had NO idea something like this existed! Awesomesauce!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have the jo totes Rose bag in mustard and really like it! before that, i had a sleeve like the one already mentioned and it was great for having in my diaper bag. i've had my Jo Totes bag since March and haven't had one problem with it. it's now my everyday bag. it can get heavy but all my bags do since i like the big ones lol. it is mustard and the only time i noticed color transfer from my jeans was when i was on vacation in vegas in March and i had just gotten it a week before. it's the imitation leather but if i need to clean it, i just use Pledge and it's fine...there isn't any signs of peeling or anything. i am really happy with it & recommend it to everyone.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WOW! Those are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post

Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also have one of these inside a huge Vera Bradley bag, but it's just too big & heavy for me! I only use it when we are traveling to add extra protection. But, when we get to our destination, I just put it in the sleeve in my pocketbook!
http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct...temnum=720-230
Here are other sizes.
http://www.tiffen.com/results.html?s...ablename=domke