Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Long Term Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default I need to stop faffing.....

and make up my mind!!!!

I have started p365 for the first time this year and I can't make up my mind how I want to do it.
My problem is I love this look

(by Tracyfish)

but I also love the clean look of the pockets (like Marla)

I know the pocket style will be so much easier to keep up as it looks like it would be quicker to put a week together. But I struggle with simpleness

Someone please tell me what I want to do I need to start before I get to far behind that I just dont bother at all
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I think the best thing about projects like this is there are no rules!!! Who says you can't mix styles!?!?! I think the best thing to do is don't plan the whole "book" before you even start because then you are just setting yourself up for grief!! Do this weeks page and then next week worry about next weeks page and so on!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I say do both. I have the same problem with deciding on a single format and sticking with it for a whole year (let alone a whole month as I fail at December Daily every year). I'm not doing it... just using all of the awesome PL stuff to scrap my usual pages. I say don't do Project Life at all... LOL!!!

*dodges things being thrown at her*

Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I really struggle to get my P365 pages scrapped. For 2010 I scrapped photos individually as the mood struck me over a couple of months & then went back & assembled the rest of them for those months on one or two 2 page spreads by month. Then waited a couple months and did it again using the same templates as before. Janet has some wonderful 2 page many photo templates

Most years though I assemble my P365 photos in a photo book & stick the layouts I did with the individual pages at the back.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ditto what they said - I think you can do whatever you want. I'm doing mostly pocket style, but I am sure that I'll break out of those bounds when I get bored with it. There are no rules!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Faffing must be a local term or I'm totally out of the loop! I thought it sounded like a bodily function! I plan to use the pocket style only without the pockets!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have done both styles and honestly the pocket style takes me a lot longer. I don't know if it's because I make colleges or what, but the other way was always a lot easier for me to crank out.

I would go with whichever style you love most. And if you get tired of it, you can always switch. In 2012, I actually changed half way through the year.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

LOL...I actually started the year more like the page you showed of mine. Now I redid my weeks 1 and 2 to more of the PL pocket style because it makes it easier to include more photos and more places for little details.

I say do what feels more comfortable for you.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear you!! I finally got excited about doing my 2013 project yesterday - when I found Nettio's 8x10 book templates in the shop. I needed something different from my monthly spreads I have done in the past so I decided to do this style. But I am making my own templates, because I want them slightly different (thought I might still get the ones in the shoppe, just for more variety, and also for Traci's slip ins!). I am going to get an 8x10 softcover book done at viovio at the end of the year. 104 pages, baby!
I havent completed a "year" project since 2010. I think this new format will spur me into doing better this year.
As for the 2 looks you posted, I like the 2nd one for the project - just because it will be easier to keep up with, and I love the look too. You can always remove a couple pockets and do a cluster or 2 to dress them up. Plus you will still be able to scrap all your "other" non-project pages in any style you want!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One nice thing about the slip-ins is that you can still personalize it by making your own journaling cards, title cards or other embellishments -- really as much or as little as you want. I know I take forever when scrapping to find the right layout for my page, so having a few pre-set formats makes it much easier for me.

On the other hand, there's no reason you can't just use any regular scrapbooking page templates as your pages either, or make your own! Or try it one way, then switch if you don't like it. As others say, there are no rules.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went with the page protector look because I want the ability to add some paper pages with page protectors if I desire later.