Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default seriously?!?!?!?!

Iv just bought backblaze and its going to take 134 day to back everything up, oh my days thats like 4 months
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there a setting that you can up the upload speed when you aren't using the computer?

haha.. yeah... I have crash plan and it took that long to get everything backed up, too... and then my computer crashed (luckily hard drive was unharmed and was able to get all data off it locally)... but now crashed plan has started all over again ... so back to the 3 months to sort through stuff.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

i had a crashplan trial and it had some of the same upload time. now i am thinking of putting it on a ehd and store it at my mil.
this is not anywhere near the daily backup that crashplan does but anyway...
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use crashplan and it took a long time for the initial backup. What I did when I first set up crashplan was do a local backup, then have crashplan just back up the newer stuff online. I slowly added folders to my online backup until everything was backed up. That was I was sure the newer stuff was always being backed up.

Rebecca, I don't think it should take as long to back up after a crash. It'll say that it will take that long, but it shouldn't back up the same files again - unless there's some setting that's making it do that.

Alina, What's nice about crashplan is that you can have it back up to an EHD and it will keep track of what's on the drive, so you can always plug that drive back in and it will update the more recent files onto it. Having an EHD backup is a good idea, anyway, even with an online backup, because of the time it would take to recover all the files from an online backup.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have backblaze, and it took a long time but we played with the throttle speeds so that it was working at maximum speed unless we needed the internet for something else. Now that it's backed up I love the security, and I was worried because we got a new hard drive and I was moving large chunks of files over there (scrap and photos) I was worried it would take forever to rebackup, but it's smart and knows that it already has them backed up. I've even checked a few times and it's all good.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

We use carbonite and the initial backup does take a long time, but the peace of mind is worth it.
I really like that I can access files from my phone and was able to share some photos with my parents while visiting over the holidays.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Iv moved the speed up, I honestly thought about 4 days, a week at the most lol
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use backblaze and I have, literally, been backing up at the highest speed possible (and we have quick internet so it's not my connection) for over a year and I'm still not backed up 100%. My scrap addiction doesn't help... but still!

On Black Friday CrashPlan had a MAJOR deal and I got a year's subscription for just less than $2. I jumped at that and have been uploading to it as well while still keeping backblaze until crashplan is fully updated. Looks like crashplan might finish first!! I've only had it since November too and it shows 15 days remaining while backblaze is likely to take me another 3 months. Ugh.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and I'm an odd duck. I don't store anything on my internal hard drive (C drive) aside from program files for those programs that are installed. Everything is stored on one of two external drives and then backed up to Backblaze and Crashplan. That said, my 1TB internal drive still has 500 gig of stuff on it. Crazy!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Rebecca, I don't think it should take as long to back up after a crash. It'll say that it will take that long, but it shouldn't back up the same files again - unless there's some setting that's making it do that.
I had moved folders around, so Crashplan didn't know which folder was what. If I kept the folders where they were, then I'm sure it would have been quicker...