Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Double Pagers

I feel like i'm the only one that does them, lol!

Do you do double pagers?
How often?
how many pictures do you usually put on a single page?
How many pictures is an automatic bump up to a double page?

sorry random questions, just curious

Old 01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do a lot of them, mostly because I hate working around them in an album lol. I don't scrap chronologically and I hate trying to make sure my two pager is in order once I organize my prints.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always, always, always do double pagers...

Well, unless I'm doing a random old page with pictures, but I mostly scrap new stuff and print in photo books. If I have four pictures from an event, then two will go on each page. I often flip a template so each side matches.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do lots of 2-pagers. I love them! I do 2-pagers when I have a lot of photos. No set number. Here are a few of my latest ones:

This one is also a 2-pager: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...py-day&cat=500

Last edited by jacinda; 01-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do double pagers a lot as well! i don't scrap chronologically either, but I've got my pics all meticulously organized so that when they go in the book in chronological order, they all fit nicely in. I will usually put up to 8 pics on a single page and once it hits 8 images it's usually (but not always) upgraded to a 2 pager. ten and over is def. a two pager though. i like larger pics on a page so anything more then 10 and it's two pagers for sure!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love double pages!!! But I will admit that CT work has pushed me into a 1-pager mentality. I do prefer 2-page spreads in my books, and I usually have more than enough pictures to justify at least two (or sometimes even 4) pages per event. I think any number of photos works for 2-page spreads, but I feel forced into it when I have 8+ photos that I want to scrap of a single event. Here are some of mine since Jacinda shared some....

I love Misty & Janet's two page templates!!! They help make it so much faster to scrap all those photos.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Always! I just only ever post one side unless it's a 2 page template I am using.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't do a lot of double pages unless it's for a album for Dec Daily of vacation albums and I want them to look uniform. For my general albums, I just try to cram as many photos on a page as I can... haha... I guess I'm cheap on printing - I rather print one page per event than two pages per event...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I use Cindy's Double It Up templates most of the time when I want to do a double pager.

I love her Snapshots templates, too, for when I have lots of photos.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do lots of double pagers, but I don't usually post them in the gallery. It is kinda a pain because they get moved around in the gallery and then it looks funny if you only see half the page. I love janet's templates for double pagers!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I pretty much only do two page layouts. I don't like the way single pages look in my albums. I use a lot of two page templates, but I also do like Marla and just flip the template to make the second page. Sometimes I post both sides of the layout, but if it's really simple or simply a duplicate with the photos changed then I'll only post one.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have tons of two page spreads! I just don't get to the point of uploading them in the galleries. Because if I do them as one image, they're so small, but if I upload them as two single pages, they use up my daily upload maximum (which exists in various galleries) like nothing.

Jacinda, where do you upload the single pages that you show in the description area of the page?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do some, usually for big events and vacation photobooks. There's no specific number of photos that bumps me up to a 2-pager. Sometimes it'll be 4 or 5 photos if I want them relatively big, other times it's a whole bunch of smaller photos. I find them hard to share; I upload as 2 single pages and rarely include the thumbnail of the 2-pager, so they can look awkward in the gallery. I'm doing fewer 2-pager these days since some of my photos from big events are scrapped within the week's PL page, leaving me with just the few best to do a regular LO with.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-14-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suladesign View Post
I have tons of two page spreads! I just don't get to the point of uploading them in the galleries. Because if I do them as one image, they're so small, but if I upload them as two single pages, they use up my daily upload maximum (which exists in various galleries) like nothing.

Jacinda, where do you upload the single pages that you show in the description area of the page?
I upload the single pages to photobucket, and copy the [IMG] code into the description box.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never ever do double-pagers. Ever.

This is why moving to 2 page spreads for PL this year will be so interesting.

I am not a great photo-taker, so even when I take multiple photos of something, there are not usually that many good ones or ones that I feel I 'need' to scrap. I am much more focused on the story, so I need the room that those multiple photos would take up on my page for my journaling.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I do them... love them. They make my heart happy when printed. I need to have pages that match in my albums, lol!

I don't have a lot in this gallery... but they are my preference. I made a FB group for people who like to scrap and share their double layouts. Small, but great feedback. If this needs to be removed, I understand - just a link to the group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/622576667800146/ if anyone wants to join in - there aren't thousands who do doubles, lol)

When I make them, I usually use 2 out of 4 templates and make them work... or I just pull one in that I will think looks good. I shrink, twist, and turn, and usually have no problems getting my pages to flow. I also do what Jacinda does for the galleries - I put the doubles in the credits using my smugmug account.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk703 View Post
I do them... love them. They make my heart happy when printed. I need to have pages that match in my albums, lol!

I don't have a lot in this gallery... but they are my preference. I made a FB group for people who like to scrap and share their double layouts. Small, but great feedback. If this needs to be removed, I understand - just a link to the group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/622576667800146/ if anyone wants to join in - there aren't thousands who do doubles, lol)

When I make them, I usually use 2 out of 4 templates and make them work... or I just pull one in that I will think looks good. I shrink, twist, and turn, and usually have no problems getting my pages to flow. I also do what Jacinda does for the galleries - I put the doubles in the credits using my smugmug account.
I want to join your group!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the look of double pages (e.g all the ones posted here!!) but I rarely do 12x24s. I always take too many photos and am forever trying to cram them into a single page! I pretty much only do LOs that will be printed in a photobook and I need to keep a limit on the number of pages per book (about 100). However, any more than 12-14 photos I will do a two page LO but it's usually two 12x12 LOs (and I squeeze in 25-30+ photos in total). I always use templates for this - any of the Project Life style templates, or other 'album' packs, and minimal elements added. I usually end up modifying them to add in more photo spaces though!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i requested to join the group!!

Old 01-15-2014, 02:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Forgot to mention: One of the greatest inspiration for double page spreads for me is http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.de.
If your scroll a bit through that website you can find tons of examples of double page spreads, which have a great way to emphasize papers and photos. Their (paper) pages have inspired tons of my digital pages using SSD products, and I love going back there for more inspiration.

(I hope I can post this information here, since it's the website of a store selling scrapbook supplies for traditional scrappers, so it shouldn't interfere with SSD's business as they're serving a different group of customers than SSD, but if anyone of the staff has a problem with me sharing it here, please feel free to remove this post. I won't be upset, promise!)
Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So much great inspiration here. I'd love to join your group Jenn. Here are a couple of my two pagers.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do tons of 2-pagers! I only do one-pagers when I do AAM and heritage layouts, other than that everything is a double.

Some examples (my gallery is full of them):

Last edited by adrianka; 01-15-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow... I love seeing all the doubles! Yay on joining me (I'm a dork!)

I have a question for you all! Do you all print flat? I printed and left 1/2 inch on all sides at least so I know what would be cut off... but I leave a 1/2 edge in the middle too.... I've printed a flat book - for a Wedding Guest Book for family - but the flat books are super expensive. How do you print two pagers that flow without breaking over the two pages?

Did that make sense?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just make sure whatever is on the inside edges can lose some and still be fine.. like papers or something
Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't just do double page layouts. Like not just for like random regular pages. lol I do however plan them when I am doing my Project Life pages and my old month in review pages. I generally (99% of the time) use pocket inspired templates and try just to make sure that the edges that meet in the middle have similar pocket sizes. I'm pretty anal about that actually. lol

Usually when it comes to uploading to the gallery I upload the single image of them together and then add in the individual pages in the comments (you can see here).

and then these are really simple, but they were done with Julie's Lifetime Templates (because I love the look of the dots I just couldn't bring myself to add more) and Nicole's Today's the Day Collection.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I generally just avoid putting anything important (like text) near the edge or middle of the page. I do resize my PL templates and leave a border around them.

Now I'm wondering if I need to stop posting both sides of my page. Is that annoying?! Be honest with me girls! lol.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
I generally just avoid putting anything important (like text) near the edge or middle of the page. I do resize my PL templates and leave a border around them.

Now I'm wondering if I need to stop posting both sides of my page. Is that annoying?! Be honest with me girls! lol.
No, I enjoy seeing both sides of your layouts
Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk703 View Post
Wow... I love seeing all the doubles! Yay on joining me (I'm a dork!)

I have a question for you all! Do you all print flat? I printed and left 1/2 inch on all sides at least so I know what would be cut off... but I leave a 1/2 edge in the middle too.... I've printed a flat book - for a Wedding Guest Book for family - but the flat books are super expensive. How do you print two pagers that flow without breaking over the two pages?

Did that make sense?
Yes it did make sense!

I print photo books with lay-flat binding; the pages are perfectly straight and continuing. And on real matte photo paper. It looks great, I wouldn't use anything else. :-)

Last edited by adrianka; 01-15-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

An example, if you're interested:

Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I used to do double pages rarely but I've started to do more of them when scrapping my vacation pictures. There's no real minimum or maximum for how many pictures I'll put on a double layout...just whatever looks best. Here a few of my favorite double page layouts:

Old 01-15-2014, 02:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I print with Adoramapix. Like Adriana's books, they do a lay flat binding, and you lose NOTHING from the middle of the book, and very little from the other edges. It's awesome. You can even upload 12x24 sized pages direct, so you don't have to separate the 2 pages of your layout prior to saving. Adoramapix costs a little more, but the quality of the print (just like a real glossy photo) is incredible. I'll never print anywhere else.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

This thread has totally made me want to do some double pagers! All the ones that you've all posted look amazing!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies. I will finish my 2012 album (only about 4 more doubles to go) and get that printed regular. The next book, I'm going to go all out and get the flat print album, and not worry about the middle. I'm excited!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always use the same kit for the two pages that face, but I'm a chronological scrapper.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I always use the same kit for the two pages that face, but I'm a chronological scrapper.
I always use the same kit for facing pages as well! I'm glad i'm not the only one, lol! they're not always double pagers though. I don't necessarily scrap in chronological order, but my pics are organized so everything matches nicely once printed

Old 01-16-2014, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't try to match my pages. I'm happy if facing (single) pages look different, and they look fine in the albums.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I don't try to match my pages. I'm happy if facing (single) pages look different, and they look fine in the albums.
I'm the same way. I don't plan single layouts to match, and I still like how they look together in the books. :-)

Old 01-17-2014, 07:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Adrianka, I looooove the alpha in your siggie. It's gorgeous!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Adrianka, I looooove the alpha in your siggie. It's gorgeous!
Oh thank you! It's my (first ever) alpha (hope it's ok to mention it here), so thank you even more! :-)

Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

When you save your 2 pagers, do you save it as one 12x24, or 2 12x12?
Old 01-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I save the .psd (in case i need it!) as a 12X24 and then i split it into two 12X12's for printing

Old 01-18-2014, 04:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I save at 24x12. For lay-flat binding there is no other option actually.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I print with Adoramapix. Like Adriana's books, they do a lay flat binding, and you lose NOTHING from the middle of the book, and very little from the other edges. It's awesome. You can even upload 12x24 sized pages direct, so you don't have to separate the 2 pages of your layout prior to saving. Adoramapix costs a little more, but the quality of the print (just like a real glossy photo) is incredible. I'll never print anywhere else.
I want to print my PL into a book. I've never done a photo book before. I always print and slip into traditional albums. I want the best quality book I can get after working on the project for an entire year. I just checked out Adoramapix and it looks they can only do 76 pages. What is your 2nd choice company for lay flat binding? I've got to find something that holds 105 pages.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The company I print with does 84 pages at maximum. Books with lay-flat binding are printed on real photo paper and the pages are much thicker and heavier than in case of normal books. Maybe somebody does 100+ pages, but I don't know anybody. When I have more than 84 pages, I print two slimmer books rather than one heavy one.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've thought about doing that too Adrianka. I could print Vol 1 and Vol 2 of 2014 Project Life but I would prefer one book if possible.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I've thought about doing that too Adrianka. I could print Vol 1 and Vol 2 of 2014 Project Life but I would prefer one book if possible.
I know what you mean! Maybe one of the girls will know about a service that does 100+ books like that. :-)