Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default It's been so long

I used to scrap daily and quite often completed black outs i was scrapping so much then i had a down period and i lost all confidence in my scrapping and now i haven't done it so long i've completely forgotten how to do it

how do you get back into it? any tips?

Last edited by Kitartas; 12-13-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Come on, I'm looking through your gallery and I have to say I'm shocked you lost your confidence! You are AMAZING with your clusters!! Like I'm amazed and am going to look at your layouts, trying to learn your style/technique!

So how do you get back? Whenever I'm in a slump, I get in the gallery. I start commenting on layouts. The layouts that "speak" to me, I try to scraplift it or figure out their style (like their shadowing, their clustering, photo placement, etc), and try to work on it myself. I've learned SO much by going through the gallery and commenting on layouts! The gallery is my FAVORITE place to be!

In a rut, get in the gallery.
Stumped for a challenge, get in the gallery.
Need photo ideas, get in the gallery.

As you can tell, the gallery is my favorite place to be!
Another place, is reading the SSD Blog, specifically the tutorials they have posted.

All it takes it ONE thing to get your inspiration and mojo flowing and in the gallery there's 409,337 and counting things posted!!

Good luck and welcome back!
Now to get in your gallery to leave you love and learn more about your clustering technique!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and here's something my best friend (Aussiegirl/Dawn) often says "you are scrapping for yourself and your family". It's not a competition as to who's the best. If your family is loving your layouts, at the end of the day, that's what matters most because you are preserving THEIR memories--not ours, not your neighbors, etc.

And one more thing, we are our worst critic. It's easy to deflate our bubble. Be confident in your pages and the confidence will show on them!

You got this!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Oh and here's something my best friend (Aussiegirl/Dawn) often says "you are scrapping for yourself and your family". It's not a competition as to who's the best. If your family is loving your layouts, at the end of the day, that's what matters most because you are preserving THEIR memories--not ours, not your neighbors, etc.

And one more thing, we are our worst critic. It's easy to deflate our bubble. Be confident in your pages and the confidence will show on them!

You got this!
Thanks so much - i'm looking through the gallery right now, surely something will get me going. I have ideas in my head but can't get them on to a page
Old 12-13-2018, 01:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
Thanks so much - i'm looking through the gallery right now, surely something will get me going. I have ideas in my head but can't get them on to a page
start small and simple
take a break if you have to
step back
add to it

if at any time you get overwhelmed, just take step back. Sometimes I have to sleep on a layout. The very next day I come back and it's like a light bulb was turned on!

Here's a few layouts in the last 24-hours that are simple, yet they capture the viewers attention

Aren't they amazing?
Once you "get the hang" and feel confident in yourself, then focus on clusters or building your page with more depth. But some of my favorite layouts have been the simple ones--and for me, one who fills a page, is shocking! This is my favorite simple layout and probably my favorite overall from the year
Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

*waving* Hiiiiii!! Glad that you're popping back in here! I remember you

I think Wendy have said it all. Try scraplifting someone's page that speaks to you, it might do wonders in getting you back on scrapping again!
I can't wait to see new pages popping up in your gallery, sweetie!
Old 12-13-2018, 02:06 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Calendars and cards. That's where I started and that's where I go when my confidence runs and my scrapping turns crapping. You can see by my history when that happens and how the first calendar looks nothing like the last
Old 12-13-2018, 02:20 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
*waving* Hiiiiii!! Glad that you're popping back in here! I remember you

I think Wendy have said it all. Try scraplifting someone's page that speaks to you, it might do wonders in getting you back on scrapping again!
I can't wait to see new pages popping up in your gallery, sweetie!
Hi Thanks for remembering me lol

I've been shopping but not scrapping so i have heaps of new kits to use at least
Old 12-13-2018, 02:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitartas View Post
Hi Thanks for remembering me lol

I've been shopping but not scrapping so i have heaps of new kits to use at least
oh, oh!!! Did you see this challenge?
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=89914
It's being hosted by a community member, challenging us to use products that we owned, yet haven't scrapped!! It's the perfect challenge for you!!

Speaking of challenges, Bingo is a great kick-starter as well! Sometimes, all it takes is a simple prompt like "use this font", or "use red and white on your layout" to help you scrap an amazing page!
Old 12-13-2018, 02:30 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I was thinking it was a bit late to start on December bingo but it's only halfway through the month i guess. I do get a little frustrated when the bingo prompts are very northern hemisphere lol
Old 12-13-2018, 07:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with what everyone else also stated ♥

Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I find that when I need some inspiration or a reason to get back into scrapping...I will look through my photos!

Seeing those photos, remembering those moments and memories, I want to scrap them! I want to tell their story! I want to do my best to preserve that for my family! Look back through your photos (my best friend says to start most recent as the memory is fresh). Find a photo or a moment/memory and chose to scrap it!

Either purchase a kit just for those photos or use a kit you have! I have a tendency to not go back and finish a layout if I don't finish it in one sitting! (I'm bad that way...I have soooo many half finished layouts just sitting there waiting). So, I say do it in one sitting! Don't keep 2nd guessing yourself. Do your layout, finish it up, and POST it here for us to see and leave you love!

If you really want, you can ask us for honest criticism...but only if you are sure you want it! We can point out some things you could consider. Than, you can use those comments to re-do that same layout! Use the same photos, the same kit etc. But re-do it to improve it based on what you want! Then you can see what your own thoughts are between the 2 layouts. What you liked and what you didn't! You're style is going to be different from everyone else's style. Don't try to fit into a box and be like everyone else! Do what seems good to you! Scrap the style you like! Noone can tell you your page isn't right. Every page is scrapped from the heart!

Good luck! You can do it!!! Scrap from the heart, and don't expect your page to be perfect! Do what you can, and you can always work to improve once you get your groove back!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back!!
Doing the some of the Bingo challenges can help give you a bit of inspiration!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No tips for finding inspiration that others haven't mentioned, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome back!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:45 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone - feeling so welcome