Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default What's cookin' this week?

It's hot, hot, hot here in Florida. Trying to get back in to menu planning for the week. Even thinking about things we used to eat but haven't had in awhile to add them back in the mix.

So I'm just curious...what's on your meal plan this week? (other than delivery from a cabana boy, of course)

Mon -
Grilled chicken pitas with asian noodle salad

Tue -
Fend for yourself night (I'm working late)

Wed - grilled steak, greek salad, broccoli

Thurs - Dinner with my mom
Leaving baked ziti and salad for hubs and daughter 1 (daughter 2 is away this week)

Friday - meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, cucumber salad

Sat- Chicken piccata with zucchini noodles, fresh fruit

Sun - left overs from the week
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We really need to start meal planning again. We used to but some how we got off track and now we pretty much just fly by the seat of our pants. Most often times, we don't even decide until a couple hours before.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mon: Butter steamed monkfish with chives and butter sause, potatoes and carrots.

Tues: Chicken and rice with some sort of spicy sauce (depending on my husbands wishes right then and there).

Wed: beef stew

Thur: Salmon, potatoes, carrots and hollandaise sauce.

Fri: Taco night

Saturday and Sunday we're leaving open in case om an emergency bbq due to sudden sunny weather.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I need to plan yet. I have off a bunch of days this week except one day when I work a 12 hour shift, so I badly need to plan, but ugh.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to get back to planning too..... it's been bbq after bbq after bbq because it's been waaaaaaay too hot, plus the 100% humidity has been making it impossible to cook indoors (no AC here)..... I'm thinking I need to start using the crockpot again just to add in some good meals in the mix.

What are some 'cool' meals with minimal to no stove/oven use that everyone adds to the mix in the summer? We did do subs one night just to change things up, but other than bbq'ing something, I am stumped for ideas this time of year.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For "cool" meals I like grilled chicken sliced and added to a peanut sauced Asian noodle salad. You can mix in all sorts of chopped veggies for extra crunch. I like marinating a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs and then grilling them up. We just slice and use them in different things all week. So easy!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/100593/...nger-dressing/

We've even used a pizza stone to make pizzas on the grill in the summer. I really like the ones that use pita bread or flat out or even naan as the base. You just layer on your toppings, pop it on the pre-heated pizza stone and grill for 10 min max - so yummy with salad or cut up and marinated veggies.

The crock pot is super easy too...I just hate cleaning it. Need to get those crock pot bags, but it seems so lazy to do that. LOL!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On the menu this week are:

BBQ Tostadas
Teriyaki Chickpea Salad
Hakka Noodles
Spanish Rice
Asian lettuce wraps (lentils and veggies with a peanut butter sauce wrapped in romaine leaves)
BBQ Sweet Potato Salad

The great thing about these is the only one that requires the stove to be turned on at all is the Spanish rice, which I'll make tomorrow (the one day it's going to be below 80 here).
Old 07-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our menu for the week:

Today-cheese ravioli, carrots and cucumber with hummus

Tues-Baked chicken parmesan (no oil) with sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. I'll have a sweet potato topped with vegetarian ground "beef" and sour cream.

Wed-Bean tacos with cilantro rice and salad

Thurs-Either leftovers or breakfast for dinner

Fri-kids are having fish sticks and French fries, I'll have a salad, and DH will make himself something

Sat-out to eat

Sun-DH will BBQ or we'll do rotisserie chicken. I'll have spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and cheese.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm busy with work this week so meals are quick and easy. I defrosted chicken gravy to pour over breaded baked chicken, potatoes and corn.

Tomorrow will be a big salad with greens, veggies, eggs and chicken.

Wednesday will be chicken, veggies, rice and the rest of the gravy.

Thurs will be homemade hamburger helper and we'll be at our trailer and will BBQ til we come home Sunday afternoon.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

tonight is leftover soup with cheese scones
Wednesday is Pizza (I'm at a function for the postgraduate students association at uni)
Thursday will be something quick - could be salmon with roast veggies or chicken stir fry or ???
Friday - something in the slow cooker
Saturday - I have a 6 hour class during the day so it will be leftovers most likely
Sunday - ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
For "cool" meals I like grilled chicken sliced and added to a peanut sauced Asian noodle salad. You can mix in all sorts of chopped veggies for extra crunch. I like marinating a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs and then grilling them up. We just slice and use them in different things all week. So easy!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/100593/...nger-dressing/

We've even used a pizza stone to make pizzas on the grill in the summer. I really like the ones that use pita bread or flat out or even naan as the base. You just layer on your toppings, pop it on the pre-heated pizza stone and grill for 10 min max - so yummy with salad or cut up and marinated veggies.

The crock pot is super easy too...I just hate cleaning it. Need to get those crock pot bags, but it seems so lazy to do that. LOL!

Those are great ideas! I love Naan Bread Pizzas, I wonder if I can find my Pizza Stone... hmmm. My hubby and youngest son are the other veggie eaters in the house, the rest of us are pretty much SOL when it comes to cool meals and side dishes, and no one here likes cold pasta salads so even to make one ahead of time to spread out a day or two isn't an option. Summer time really sucks for variety in meals.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure. DH, who is GF, recently went off carbs altogether so we've mostly been grilling with salad or veggies and sometimes a carb/starch for the kids and me. I don't want to make a casserole or anything where carbs are mixed in and then I'm stuck eating it for days on end at lunchtime.

It's actually been kind of fun! I've spent the last 5 years making 99% of our meals from scratch so getting a break the last couple of weeks has been nice. Sorry that I'm no help.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The bf made a homemade lasagna the other night, and it made enough for us to have leftovers for days! Plus, it was sooo good! My man can cook. Thank God!