Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Question Log Your Memory--Logbook

Have you gals seen this? I heard about it at Simple Scrapper, and now I totally need it.

I keep a little notebook with layouts I want to make, sketches, etc, but it is a total mess. I LOVE the idea of paying someone else to give me an organized system.

So has anybody tried it out before? I would order the download, but I want to know if it is easy to print, like if I have to think too hard to figure out how to get it front and back, it's so not worth it to me. I would buy the bound version, but shipping overseas is a killer.

Doesn't it look fun?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I actually read about it here...somewhere, but I can't find the post now. I bought mine right away and DF will be printing it out for me during his vacation... I abolutely love it!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am on the CT I really do love my book so far (I have the December book and the 2010 book). I have the coil bound, but I think the printable should be fairly easy to print.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OH! That is on my Wish List.....I hope DH buys it for me. But, who knows what he will get off of my list for me.

I want the coil bound I think.......curious to see what everyone who has one has to say about them.....

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I just bought the printable version last night! Lol!
My work printers don't like double sided, so I might send it to Staples and have them take care of it.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I have the coil bound version. It is HUGE! If you are looking for anything purse sized this is not it. But it is so full of awesome stuff! It's best scrapping/journal/calendar I have ever come across.

But really, it is HUGE. It's almost too big & thick but I can't see how it could be any smaller & still have so much great stuff in it
Old 12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I've got it and can't wait for 2010 to start! Log your Memory is great - Kristin (and the CT) are awesome - you should see them scrap!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There's a CT? What exactly is Log Your Memory then?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm on their CT also. The book is awesome. I've been wanting something like this for a long time.

Kellie, as part of the CT we provide inspiration for the weekly challenges, help out on the forum, blog, etc.

LYM is all about real life scrapping.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use mine every day! I have the December book and the 2010 book and love, love, love the whole concept! I'm addicted!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, aren't you just the little enabler. I just bought the printable version. Looks like something I will really use. Can't wait to get it all put together.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
Well, aren't you just the little enabler. I just bought the printable version. Looks like something I will really use. Can't wait to get it all put together.
Well aren't you just way too easy to enable...

Go ahead and print it off this morning and have it bound so I can see what it looks like and decide if I want to buy the printable version. ; )

Did that work?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought my downloadable one this weekend. It's awesome. I can't wait to print it out and start using December's since I'm missing the challenges here this month.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought it too...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Another LYM CT member, here... I've been using my December one everyday and I just love it... I love that there is a ton of space to write things down and keep track of! Now I finally have a spot to put that cute little thing that kiddo said, instead of on a post it that the kiddo will eventually take and hid in the sofa!!

I'm really pumped for 2010... I hope many of you will join us!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Well aren't you just way too easy to enable...

Go ahead and print it off this morning and have it bound so I can see what it looks like and decide if I want to buy the printable version. ; )

Did that work?
Yes, I am!

I am printing off right now but it's gonna be a bit since it's 388 pages long. I am going to put it in a binder because it comes with the print offs for the front, back and spine. I liked the idea of the printable version so that I always have a copy of it in case I need extra sketch pages or extra other stuff or if I mess up on something. It looks great so far what I have printed out.

Last edited by gracielou; 12-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Add me to the list of LYM CT Members! I LOVE my Logbook! It's already getting a lot of use. The community over there is really friendly and supportive, and there's lots of inspiration for scrapping real life!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd never use it. I use a calendar to write down the cute things the boys have said over the years, when they lost a tooth, etc. I just have to pull out that year's calendar to scrap this ... that is more of an "overwhelm" for me.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Wow this looks awesome! Looks like a great Christmas gift (for me!). Thanks for the link
Old 12-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

For those of you who bought the printable version, what are you putting it in? Are you using a 3 ring binder or having it bound at a place like Staples? I just bought it and can't decide what to put it in.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, I keep going back and forth on ordering this book. That's $ away from the SSD shop Can someone confirm what the website shows for the Real Life Challenges version - "the primary difference between this book and the full Memory Logbook is the absence of the daily and monthly calendars and list of holidays". Is that truly the only thing missing? Thanks!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm easily enabled, too It's too big for my taste, I downsized it, so I can carry it with me. I covered a small binder I picked up a few weeks ago at a thrift store, kept it pretty simple, because I want to be able to just toss it into my bag. I am excited about using it!

Here's a few pics:
Cover (credits in my gallery HERE)

Inside pictures

Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by loralyn View Post
I'm easily enabled, too It's too big for my taste, I downsized it, so I can carry it with me. I covered a small binder I picked up a few weeks ago at a thrift store, kept it pretty simple, because I want to be able to just toss it into my bag. I am excited about using it!

Here's a few pics:

Inside pictures

This looks great! I was thinking about making a smaller version and only carrying a month at a time in my purse.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the coil bound version. I'm enjoying JYC so much, I want to be able to journal when I want to journal. This seemed like a good place to do it.

I have a HUGE purse, so I can fit it in my purse if I want to put it there. May be a bit heavy, but what the heck.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by loralyn View Post

Here's a few pics:

Inside pictures

Hmmm. Being able to print this so I could carry it in my purse just may have me making the jump too.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ladies this book is AMAZING! And so much fun and inspiration! I love it. I am on the team over at Log Your Memory too. I have a big binder on my desk that is open all day. I use a Palm for organization on the go, so just put the important dates in my organizer, but I love having all the space to write at home, where I am most of the time. It is so easy to customize to however YOU want to use it. You will NOT regret picking this baby up!!

By the way... there are some other amazing products available that go along with this so well!! I love the List My Life Journaling book too.

Last edited by aly321; 12-14-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I should not have opened this thread. Now I own the downloaded version.

Actually, I really like it -- now I just have to keep using it!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh I have been eyeing this. I really really want the coil bound one. It's too much for me right now, but it's just what I need!! I could leave it out and I never go anywhere cause I have zero life...lmbo! I am going to tell my hubby about this. I want it!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought the December coil-bound and I know the January 2010 is sitting wrapped under my tree. I really love the concept. I am having a hard time taking the time to write in it everyday, but I think I just need to set a certain time at the end of the day to do it. But I do love it, because I have been writing my baby's milestones down, the funny things my kids say, etc. It is nice to have every thing in one place.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

I bought the printable version the other night and am too soooooooooooo in love and right now they offer the december 2010 version free if you buy the 2010 downloadable version (at least I THINK it's the only one that offers it free but haven't looked past what I bought lol!) I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov e it. It's so worth the money to print it off yourself every month...I just went ahead and printed the entire thing and put it in a binder with page sleeves...amazing I'm truly in looooove with it! My few cents on how AMMMMMAZING it is. I would honestly be afraid if I just had a regular old calendar of after the year was over misplacing it or even worse when going on a cleaning spree it gets tossed. Thankfully this baby is big enough it says "don't throw me out on it lol..." So if your like me and that lovely little calendar gets lost after the year is over this version is well worth it for lifes everyday everythings!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

OMG...I am SOOOOO gonna have to get this!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have been looking on that for some time now but did not understand how it works, I wish I could see more how it looks in the inside ... do you girls can show me a page or too? please

Old 12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Here is a link to the page telling about the log book and shows a couple pages from it. http://logyourmemory.com/2009/10/09/...emory-logbook/
I am also on the CT there and am loving the December one so far and can't wait to start using the 2010 log book. Mine will be sitting on my desk open, just as I usually do with my date book for the year, ready to fill in with appointments, things that happen during the day, layout ideas I might have, pages I want to scrap, and whatever else I want to put in there. I love the prompts and ideas for things to scrap or think about for the month, which also gives me ideas for any photos I might want to make sure I get during the month. It is huge, but for me that is awesome, lots of room to doodle and add things.
I think whatever version you get, you will love having one place to put all the info and ideas you want to remember for later.

Oh, I almost forgot...there is a monthly questionnaire to help keep track of how things change through out the year, and a year end one also, along with a price sheet to fill out! I LOVE this idea and look forward to filling it out every month since I am always telling myself I need to document the change in prices and how I feel at the end of each month. Now I have a place and a reminder to do exactly that!

Last edited by winkasheart; 12-15-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Such a cool idea! I just sent it to my husband with a big ole hint that it would make a good stocking stuffer :-)

Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

One other thing, for those of you who feel like the full Logbook is out of your price range. I do believe that Kristin is going to be offering each month separately. So, that way, you can spread the cost out over the year and not have to fork it out all at once.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Hi girls... I've been having fun following the conversation from a distance but thought I might be able to offer a couple pieces of information that may help answer a few of your questions...

First, you can get an up close look at more than a dozen pages of the full logbook by clicking on the "preview" button under the image on THIS page. The only difference between this and the other versions of the full 2010 logbook is the print books are black & white, while the download is color.

Regarding the Weekly Challenges book - it really is just a pared down version of the full logbook so you can do the challenges & questionnaires without having the actual calendar pages. You can compare the Memory Logbook 2010, the monthly logbooks & the Weekly Challenges book HERE if you want to really see the differences.

And to elaborate on Lydia's comment, yes - you can get the logbook one month at a time, if interested. Every individual month is available in print (coil-bound) as well as a download. That way you can try one month to see if you like it before committing to the whole book...

Hope that helps!!! Feel free to contact me if you have questions, though I see my Calendar Girls are doing a fabulous job taking care of that for me!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i am very intrigued.

I would love it if this were somehow available as an iPhone app b/c I almost always have iPhonia with me
Old 12-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
i am very intrigued.

I would love it if this were somehow available as an iPhone app b/c I almost always have iPhonia with me
Ohhhh, I would LOVE that!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
i am very intrigued.

Since the download version is a PDF, you could also put it on your iPhone using a PDF app (I use Good Reader). It's not the same as it being an app itself but it would allow you to at least take it along and read it from your phone. I did that for the handouts from Ali Edwards Yesterday & Today class and it worked great.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

okay, I'm loving this product! I had it with me at hockey practice and used the time to work on some layout ideas for the weekly challenges (on the weekly challenge page there is a main question to get the creative juices flowing and many alternative suggestions- FANTASTIC for this beginner/creatively challenged scrapper!). And at home it stays open on my counter, last night I used it to jot down a hilarious conversation I overheard between my son and my nephew. We're going on a trip to FL for the holidays and it is not going to leave my side!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Since the download version is a PDF, you could also put it on your iPhone using a PDF app (I use Good Reader). It's not the same as it being an app itself but it would allow you to at least take it along and read it from your phone. I did that for the handouts from Ali Edwards Yesterday & Today class and it worked great.
Ooh...this might just tip me over the edge! Thanks Lynette!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still loving mine! I keep it on my night table and jot some notes in it about the day before I go to sleep.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I seriously wanted to buy this, but I don't know how to write using my hands and a pen anymore.

Happily scrapping for:
Tracie Stroud, Dani Mogstad, Krystal Hartley, Megan Turnidge, Kristin Cronin Barrow
Scrap Orchard, Polka Dot Plum, Elemental Scraps

Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I'm convinced and figure I deserve an early Christmas present so I just purchased and downloaded mine. Thanks to Kristin for the $5.00 coupon too

Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I bought the printable version about a month ago. Luckily for me, my printer printes double sided, so I didn't have to worry about figuring that part out. I will be using my bind-it-all to put it together. It is BIG, but I decided to do each month as its own little book, one of the beneftis os purchasing the printable version.

It is definetely worth it!!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien21xx View Post
I seriously wanted to buy this, but I don't know how to write using my hands and a pen anymore.
I'll have you know that you just made me spew pumpkin pie coffee all over my laptop! LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think Darcy needs to invent us a pen that writes with her fonts.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkstew2 View Post
Okay, I'm convinced and figure I deserve an early Christmas present so I just purchased and downloaded mine. Thanks to Kristin for the $5.00 coupon too
Hey, I wanna five dollar coupon! Where do I find one of those??? That would totally push me over the edge.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

I'd love to find the $5 coupon too
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Okay, run don't walk and sign up for the LYM newsletter Here's what Kristin sent out (posting with permission per her email below):

Log Your Memory received some exciting news this week, but it won't be officially announced until December 22nd!! {Let's just say it involved winning a contest and there was some prize money involved... To celebrate this forthcoming announcement & in the spirit of the holiday season, we'd like to share the wealth with YOU - our loyal Log Your Memory community members & customers. So, we are sharing with you a special coupon good for $5.00 off any product download available for purchase directly from the Log Your Memory On-site store at http://logyourmemory.com/store.

This currently includes the Memory Logbook 2010, the December 2009 Logbook, Real Life Scrapbooking Weekly Challenges plus List My Life, which is available in both PDF and writable eBook versions. Better yet, we'll also be adding to the inventory this Saturday, December 12th with monthly editions of the Memory Logbook for every month in 2010. At just $5.95 each, that means you could get one month for less than $1.00!!!

Here is your coupon code, to be entered at checkout: SHAREtheWEALTH

This coupon does expire on December 21st, so be sure to use it as soon as possible. This coupon code will NOT be publicized on our blog or our other public venues. However, to help you spread the holiday cheer even further, YOU have our permission to share this coupon with your friends & family ... Be sure to let them know this coupon will expire on Monday, December 21st.

Thank you for your support of Log Your Memory & our products and our most sincere wishes for a happy holiday season!! And be sure to watch our site on December 22nd to get the details about the exciting news that prompted this special offer!!!

Kristin Rutten
Log Your Memory Owner/Administrator