Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone have a droid?

I'm really really thinking about trying to save up to upgrade to the new 4G droid phone that Sprint has coming out next month when my phone comes up for upgrade (sept I think). I love that it has a 8 MP camera and the interface looks super cool + 4G is available already where I live. Soooo does anyone have an android phone? If so what do you think of it. Also I'm especially interested in apps because that's the only thing I really feel like I'm missing with my non smart (but pretty smart anyway) phone.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will be watching this tread because I have been curious about the Droid also! Thanks for asking!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have one but know several people that do. Most of the people I know that have are more tech-geek type people - software engineers and the like. Given the opportunity they love to espouse how the droid is so much better than *insert name of any phone here* LOL They do look pretty cool.

I'm sure that wasn't super helpful in terms of info but I wanted to join in the conversation.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have had one for about 3 months now, I love it. My sister and nephew have the iphone and they both like my phone alot better than their phone. Seems like all the techy people say they like the droid products much better than the iphone.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one! I have a Motorola Droid through Verizon. I've had it since February and I love it! It's a 3G and is super fast. I use it for everything - calendar, shopping lists, to do lists, surfing, email, games, etc. There's an app for just about everything similar to the iphone and most apps are free. I had a Blackberry before and I think the Droid is much more user-friendly and I love the touch screen.

My friend has the new HTC Droid - the Incredible maybe? - that has the 8 mp camera and she really likes it too. I haven't checked it out much to see what else is different though.

I say go for it!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I both have a Motorola Droid. He loves it. Not a single complaint and he talked me into getting one. It's just okay for me, dawg.

He works for Verizon and says that the new HTC Incredible (I believe is the name) kicks the Moto Droid's ass. So...

My problems with the Moto it is that it's a little slower than I'd like. It's not the greatest multitasker and the phone part of it get's a big fat F. Although, they do have apps that make the phone mostly usable for me.

I will upgrade to the new HTC Incredible as soon as I can.

I'd give it a 3/5 stars. I don't hate it, but it's certainly not as fantastic as I had hoped it would be. Others will disagree (my husband) but this is just my honest opinion.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I have a Samsung Moment from Sprint and overall I've been happy with it It's got a sliding keyboard YAY...but the camera is crap IMO.

The biggest selling point for me was the free PDAnet app, which allows you to use your phone as a modem.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the t-mobile my touch and I love it. All of the apps I have are free. So many cool games and so much better than my blackberry.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 05-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I want a droid so does that help at all?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have had one a year now - and I love it!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

my dh has a droid for his work phone..but he likes his personal iphone better

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
I don't have one but know several people that do. Most of the people I know that have are more tech-geek type people - software engineers and the like. Given the opportunity they love to espouse how the droid is so much better than *insert name of any phone here* LOL They do look pretty cool.

I'm sure that wasn't super helpful in terms of info but I wanted to join in the conversation.
I was going to say my dad has one, but he's an engineer for IBM. I played around with his a little and I found it clunkier than my iPhone but I think it's probably somewhat like the Mac vs PC debate - either one will work, it just depends what you like better. My dad seems to like it though.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Joel just got an Incredible and he LOVES it. I'm actually pretty excited to get it, too. It's pretty amazing.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the motorola droid now for about a month and really love it. Most of my favorite apps on my itouch have a similar one for the droid. I saw the new incredible droid but it does not have a keyboard so decided not to upgrade to it since I still had my 30 day guarantee running. I think it is pretty fast and I absolutely love the apps that I have downloaded so far.....
Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the feedback guys...I'm really hoping I can get one I think. Love that there are lots of free aps...I feel kind of guilty for even wanting one since I spend the majority of time at home where my computer. My phone is pretty good and I can browse ok (some sites work better than others), good access to facebook and email but I can't seem to figure out how to access twitter at all (I think there's an app if I were to pay for it...but don't really want to do that)...like I said it's not really a smart phone and I'm ready for that step I think....lol funny thing is this time last year dh was trying to talk me into getting a smart phone (he has a blackberry) and I told him I just didn't see the point.