Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Where do you live?

I know we've done these threads probably a hundred times, but let's do it again.

Where do you currently live?

Where are you from?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I live in Fargo. I am from the western side of North Dakota where the famous oil boom is going on.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I live in Michigan, just across the Ohio boarder, south of Ann Arbor. June will be 5 years we've lived here.

I'm from Horseshoe Beach, Florida, tiny place on the Gulf coast. I lived there until I was 18 and joined the Air Force.

I also lived in Misawa, Japan, Beale AFB California (Marysville area), Anchorage, Alaska. And training in Arizona and Pensacola.

Last edited by nesser1981; 05-14-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Central Florida and Central Florida, not real imaginative, I know. I was born here and live now about 30 minutes from the house I grew up in.

My parents were born here too but both of them live just about an hour north of me with their respective spouses.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've lived in Central Cali my whole life. I don't think I'll ever be anywhere else.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I live in Huntsville, Alabama, my birth place. I have lived in other places but my heart keeps dragging me back home. The last place I have ever lived in was Chicago. I moved back home in 1972 and haven't lived any place since.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I've lived in Charlotte, NC since Summer 2012. Lived in Phoenix, AZ for 10 years before that and was born and raised in Southern California prior to that

Charlotte is by far my favorite place I've ever lived. I LOVE it here!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I've lived in Charlotte, NC since Summer 2012. Lived in Phoenix, AZ for 10 years before that and was born and raised in Southern California prior to that

Charlotte is by far my favorite place I've ever lived. I LOVE it here!
I'd move there in a heartbeat! I've never been, but Sean and I talk about moving to one of the Carolina's or Tennessee someday.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've lived in Wichita, KS since 2010. Although I was born in Cali, I consider Arkansas to be my "home" as that's where my family is and where I spent most of my life before moving to Kansas.

I absolutely love it in Wichita, and while we've talked about moving back "home," I truly can't imagine leaving here anytime soon (unless it's to Charlotte... Robin has made that place sound super appealing!)
Old 05-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I live in Maryborough, Victoria in Australia. Born here and only lived away for a year while doing a course. A small country town but this is where I feel safe and happy. Our family is all within a couple of hours of us too.

Megs xxx
{Using Tapatalk}
Old 05-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Rochester, MN. I was also born here - I moved a few times for college (but still in MN), but my family is my heart and so we settled down here to be near them.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 05-11-2014, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I've lived in Wichita, KS since 2010. Although I was born in Cali, I consider Arkansas to be my "home" as that's where my family is and where I spent most of my life before moving to Kansas.

I absolutely love it in Wichita, and while we've talked about moving back "home," I truly can't imagine leaving here anytime soon (unless it's to Charlotte... Robin has made that place sound super appealing!)
I think we'd move if we had the opportunity come up. I miss the south like crazy! It's funny, I got out of the Air force to stop moving, but I really missing going to a new place every few years.

Sean's family is from here, this is where he grew up, and I really like it here, it's farm country, so I guess it's as close to the south as I'm gonna get for the time being.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I live in Sydney (Australia) - I moved here to go to University after finishing high school and have lived here (in a few different suburbs) ever since, minus time I've spent travelling and living overseas.

'Home' (I still call it that) where I grew up is near a small rural town (I lived on a farm) about 5 hours drive away, in central-western NSW.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Virginia, in a suburb of Washington, DC. We moved here in '97, right after I finished college and Dan finished grad school. The one thing I don't like about it is that we're too far from family. I grew up in Connecticut, and my family is still all within an hour of where I grew up. DH works for the government in a job that he can't do anyplace except DC, so we aren't going anywhere.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live on the Arizona/California/Nevada border. Seriously, I can see Nevada from my driveway. I was born in Houston, Texas and then lived in Phoenix from when I was ten until I went to law school in Boston for 3 years. Arizona is my home, I can't imagine living anywhere else. I hated being cold all the time.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I think we'd move if we had the opportunity come up. I miss the south like crazy! It's funny, I got out of the Air force to stop moving, but I really missing going to a new place every few years.

Sean's family is from here, this is where he grew up, and I really like it here, it's farm country, so I guess it's as close to the south as I'm gonna get for the time being.
You know, it's interesting you say that about the AF because Jeff's logic for where we live is also based on his 20 years that he served. LOL He spent his entire adult life living wherever the AF said he was living. Since he retired, he would love to just go somewhere random because we can. He's looking for work now that he's finished school, but really, there is nothing keeping us here.

I'd for real LOVE to move to Utah or NC, but we have no family in either of those places (not that we have family here either). If we move away though, I know my family will be CRUSHED if we choose not to move back to AR. I realize that's not the right reason for moving home, but I would never hurt them. So, I feel like it's easier to just stay where we are.

I'm very wishy washy on the whole thing.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel that way to Libby. Sean's family would hate it. Mine love in Atlanta, so they would love us moving closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm from Hong Kong, the most crowded, city city you can find on earth. I went to college in Hawaii and met my husband (who's Korean) there. After we got married, we stayed in Hong Kong for a few years, with long visits to Korea in between. He's now going to school in Utah so that's where we are now, but it's hard for me to be anywhere that doesn't have 500 restaurants right there outside my doorstep LOL. I'm such a city girl.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I am from and live in Ohio. Born and raised.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthia122 View Post
He's now going to school in Utah so that's where we are now, but it's hard for me to be anywhere that doesn't have 500 restaurants right there outside my doorstep LOL. I'm such a city girl.
i live in Utah too! i was born and raised here. i lived a few years in Las Vegas but home is home. we now live about 30 minutes away from both of our parents (well, one set is living in Ohio for the next 9 months).

DH and i have talked (a lot) about moving out of state if he finds better work and we've both agreed to it. we'd love our kids to have that experience but i also want to know that i'd come back "home" to be close to family...does that make sense?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Banned

profile gallery

But LIbby you would have a scrapping family here in Utah!!! I'm in a rural town in Northern Utah. Born and raised!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am from and live in Phenix City, Alabama. It's maybe 15-20 minutes from Columbus, GA (Ft Benning).
Old 05-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand but would love to even spend a year once I have graduated in Vancouver, Canada as I have dual citizenship for Canada but not sure I could live with the snowy winters as I have never experienced it

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I live in rural Indiana, about 10 min from where I was born. super exciting huh?!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I live in Lincoln, CA...about 5 miles from the house I grew up at in Rocklin, CA
Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm in Northern Virginia about 30 miles outside Washington, DC...been here pretty much since high school.

Born in California & grew up in a small town in Washington State
Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Im an hour out of Sydney. One suburb over from the house i grew up in. All my family and friends are here, so despite the ridiculous cost of living, I cant see us ever moving very far.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
i live in Utah too! i was born and raised here. i lived a few years in Las Vegas but home is home. we now live about 30 minutes away from both of our parents (well, one set is living in Ohio for the next 9 months).

DH and i have talked (a lot) about moving out of state if he finds better work and we've both agreed to it. we'd love our kids to have that experience but i also want to know that i'd come back "home" to be close to family...does that make sense?
Definitely. I love that my kids are having this experience of being all over the place... the air and open space do them a lot of good, especially my daughter who has eczema. But I miss home and want to go back too. I probably won't miss home as much if my family and friends aren't there. If my parents were to move to Utah I'd love to make this place my home.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:10 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I live in a small town in Utah about 10 miles north of the town where I grew up. We spent five years in the Philippines when I was in Elementary school, but we lived in the same house before and after that stint overseas.

Hubby and I spent five years in Tucson, AZ before we came back home to Utah.

I love the area where I live. Sometimes I get a little weary of the Utah culture and want to get away, but mostly, I love the mountains, the seasons, and being near my family. We would have to be faced with a pretty amazing opportunity to leave Utah again.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Oh, and Libby, you should totally move here!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 02:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm from a town called newcastle in the UK
Old 05-12-2014, 02:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post

I"m from Vegas!! my hubby is from Utah. His mom lives in Orem.

We live in washington now. we move every few years because of the military. washington if the first state that I've actually liked living in for the most part. every other state I've lived in has had some major downsides that I didn't like. I've lived in nevada, utah, cali, kentucky, georgia and now washington.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Where are your parents Vanessa?

Robin my grandparents moved to Charlotte in December I love it up there

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I'm was born in Surabaya, East Java, but grew upon Bali until I was 15. I've lived in Shepparton, Australia for 2.5 years then spent 10 years in Liverpool, UK, where I studied studied and studied and where I met hubby. Currently, we are living in Beijing, China, where hubby comes from.
We've been talking about moving and so far, our options include Singapore, Australia and Canada… We'll see….
Old 05-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I live in southern Sweden, about an hour from Gothenburg. I currently live in my gransparents' old house, 30 minutes from my parents, and 30 minutes fr.o.m. The nearest city Borås.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I'm was born in Surabaya, East Java, but grew upon Bali until I was 15. I've lived in Shepparton, Australia for 2.5 years then spent 10 years in Liverpool, UK, where I studied studied and studied and where I met hubby. Currently, we are living in Beijing, China, where hubby comes from.
We've been talking about moving and so far, our options include Singapore, Australia and Canada… We'll see….
I can't believe you lived in Shep. That's so bizarre.

Megs xxx
{Using Tapatalk}
Old 05-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Glenburn, Maine, about 2.5 hours from the town I grew up in (Rangeley, Maine). We are in the process of moving to Bangor, Maine (only about 10 miles away) and will be completely moved in a couple weeks (DD chose Bangor High School for her HS education so we're moving closer - only about 2 miles from the school and it's an actual city so much closer to everything, including my office for when I actually have to go there).

I've lived all over - Japan, Hawaii, Guam, San Diego, Virginia, and South Carolina (Marines) and came back to Maine when DH died to be near both our families.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in MN, about 30 minutes from where I grew up. I spent a year in grad school in Chicago, then moved to Idaho for 6 years, Ecuador for 1 and Seattle for 6 months before coming back home to be near family. The winters are really starting to get to me, but we have to stay here for at least a few more years because of our youngest son's medical needs.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was born in Tampa, FL. Grew up in South Florida in Fort Lauderdale and lived there most of my life. I have also lived in (in order):

Scarborough, Ontario
Erie, Pa
Rock Creek, Oh
Clermont, Fl
Coral Springs, FL
Kew Gardens, NY (Queens)
Kissimmee, FL
Lorton, VA
Stafford, VA

and am currently back in Central Florida in Sanford... home of the moronic George Zimmerman scandal

eta: we move frequently due to dh's job. But thankfully we have been here over 2 years now
Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I live about 5 miles from my childhood home. I'm from Oklahoma.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A Texas girl until 11 months ago. Grew up in the southeast corner of Texas (Beaumont) but my adult life I've lived in College Station, Houston and Austin. Then, 11 months ago, the move to Florida! And if any of you Central Florida girls want to take me in, I'd be crazy enough to meet up sometime
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I live in SE Missouri about an hour and a half away from where I grew up in NE Arkansas. In between, I've lived all over the place though. DD is 13 and in her 12th house/apt I think. After so many years of living so far away I'm loving being close to home!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Where are your parents Vanessa?

Robin my grandparents moved to Charlotte in December I love it up there
My mom moved to Stockbridge, Ga in 2011. And all of her family is in the area. I have a few Great Aunts still in Florida, but that's about it.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim517 View Post
A Texas girl until 11 months ago. Grew up in the southeast corner of Texas (Beaumont) but my adult life I've lived in College Station, Houston and Austin. Then, 11 months ago, the move to Florida! And if any of you Central Florida girls want to take me in, I'd be crazy enough to meet up sometime
Kim, we are doing a Central Fl meetup the 24th, we have a FB group as well you are welcome to join us. I think the 24th is in Tampa and I think Jacinda will be there, if her trip pans out
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was born in the Chicago, IL suburbs, but I call Utah home. I'm from a decent sized town about 10-15 minutes from Lydia. Currently, I live in the corner of Texas/Mexico/New Mexico thanks to the army, before this we were IN savannah, GA, Naples, Italy, and then I lived in W Yellowstone, MT as well.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was born in Ft Worth, TX, then moved to a couple places in MO during childhood (Kansas City and Farmington) then moved to Moore, OK when I started jr high. Lived in the OKC metro area since then. Currently in Norman, OK. I would pack up and move to NC in a heart beat though. My hubby isn't as adventurous but I want to BAD!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I can't believe you lived in Shep. That's so bizarre.

Megs xxx
{Using Tapatalk}
Yep! I went to school at Goulburn Valley Grammar School!
I actually have been wanting to go back to visit...
Old 05-12-2014, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know this will come as a shocker given my screen name, but Seattle, WA I've lived in Seattle all but about 5 years (in my teens) of my life.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm from north central Ohio Currently living in Wa state, about to move to Texas for a while - so not looking forward from the weather change!! I spent a couple months in Tx years ago, but didn't get out much, so I'm looking forward to getting out more this time! I've also lived in Ga twice, but so far, Washington is my fave, and I'd loooove to stay here forever.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like in the Oklahoma panhandle. My mom moved me here when I was seven from the OKC metro and I've lived here ever since, except when I was away at college. Since we farm, I don't see us ever going anywhere.