Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up EUReKA!

Ok now you gals have gone and done it! Brian and I just finished watching two episodes of EUReKA online!

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/index.php...yfy_Global_Nav

Just looked on the guide and there are two episodes (Friday) tonight back to back! Guess I will grab some food and my crocheting and this will be a EUReKA night!

This show (like Warehouse 13) has some promise...thanks!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay! Glad you liked it!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Eureka is great! We made the mistake of missing half the first season and then watching the second, which for some episodes was fine but for other episodes left you wondering what the heck was going on, and who is that person and why is everyone so shifty about that? This season seems to be leaving nearly all that past stuff behind so it isn't as confusing.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had a great time watching EUReKA last night! So this isn't the first season? That explains why I didn't see a "pilot" episode on their website...at least not where I looked. Thanks again gals for telling us about this show.

I'm up to 2 shows a week...and both on the same channel...lol

Does Mythbusters have new shows going now too? I could be up to 3 then...
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is Eurekas fourth season, though it may only be a half season (Netflix has it listed as season 3.5). We only had half of season 3 due to the strike last year. You can rent seasons 1-3 on DVD now.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
This is Eurekas fourth season, though it may only be a half season (Netflix has it listed as season 3.5). We only had half of season 3 due to the strike last year. You can rent seasons 1-3 on DVD now.
Oh that is cool! Thanks for letting me know! ...that explains why no pilot on the website...and why it seemed right in the middle of everything. lol

I've never used Netflix...do you like it? How does it work?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've had Netflix for about a year now. We have the plan where you can have DVDs out at once. We add stuff to our list whenever the mood strikes & as they come up in order they are sent to us. I've been happy with it.. We have a decent turn around time, maybe 3 days. We've kept movies for weeks too with no problems
Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Ok, like YAY!! I finally found some other ladies on here that likes Eureka! It is my favorite show!!! I have all seasons on dvd, with the exception of the 8 shows that they are calling the first half of season 3, but I have them on DVR. And I will have to admit, I watch them over and over again. I'm one of those people who can watch shows and movies a million times and never get tired of them. But anyway, YAY!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlips View Post
Ok, like YAY!! I finally found some other ladies on here that likes Eureka! It is my favorite show!!! I have all seasons on dvd, with the exception of the 8 shows that they are calling the first half of season 3, but I have them on DVR. And I will have to admit, I watch them over and over again. I'm one of those people who can watch shows and movies a million times and never get tired of them. But anyway, YAY!
Welcome to the EUReKA newly formed fan club! ha ha JK

I just saw season 3 at Target today for $23....wouldn't that be a bit high if it wasn't a full season? I wonder if Sam's Club would have them cheaper...I was there the day before I watched my first episode on the internet so didn't even know to check.

If I find a show I like a lot...I do the same. We have the following shows on DVD:
1. M*A*S*H (watched it at LEAST 10 times through the 11 years)
2. Hogan's Heroes (several times)
3. Home Improvement (couple of times)
4. Knight Rider (original...2 times through I think)
5. Gilmore Girls (going through the first time right now)

...we tape "Unwrapped" and "How's it made" for the boys to watch in the car or van on our trips to Ft. Smith ARK during robotics season...and in the hotel if bored. It's easy to start and stop in the middle of...no complaints of a "plot unfolding"...etc. but keeps the whole family entertained. lol

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 08-09-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love How It's Made! I need to start DVRing it for the boys. I think they would like it
Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
I love How It's Made! I need to start DVRing it for the boys. I think they would like it
My boys really do like it...since it's a short show...it will make it easy to watch and stop...versus a full length movie.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hey, I'll be in that fan club!!! Sheriff Jack Carter is quite sexy, if I may say so!
But I do miss Nathan Stark-he buttered my bread!!

So far we have the following shows on DVD:

1. Eureka
2. The Big Bang Theory
3. Twin Peaks
4. Pushing Daisys --(My family was soo disappointed that they cancelled this)
5. Stargate SG1
6. Stargate Atlantis
7. Roseanne
8. The Addams Family

I think my hubby has some other SciFi, excuse me, SyFy shows like Firefly and Battlestar Gal. But I don't watch them.

That's all I can think of right now. Eureka being my fave and Big Bang coming in 2nd.

And $23 for Eureka's Season 3, with only 8 episodes, is totally ridiculous. I am going to wait and see what they do after these next 13 episodes come out. I believe they are still considering these new ones as Season 3 still, because when the strike stopped production after the 8th, they still were scheduled for 13 more episodes, making the total for this season as 21 episodes. But you never can tell-they may try to make it a different season just to get more $$$!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I've ever heard of "How's It's Made". What channel is it on?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I don't think I've ever heard of "How's It's Made". What channel is it on?
It's on the Science Channel...about 5 times a day! lol

http://science.discovery.com/fansite...owitsmade.html
Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Yay! Glad you liked it!
You are such the enabler! LOL Well went to my mom's house yesterday and started talking about the shows to her...so brought the videos up on her computer and she was going to watch them...may have another fan here shortly! lol
Old 08-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

LMAO!! OMG-I feel stupid now! My hubby watches this show all the time! I half watch it, but am usually doing something else like on the computer at the same time! DUH!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LMAO!! OMG-I feel stupid now! My hubby watches this show all the time! I half watch it, but am usually doing something else like on the computer at the same time! DUH!!!
ROTFL it's funny dh will say something like "you saw that show"...No I didn't..."yeah you had your laptop and sat right there"...oh was I supposed to watch AND comprehend while scrapping? LOL
Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
ROTFL it's funny dh will say something like "you saw that show"...No I didn't..."yeah you had your laptop and sat right there"...oh was I supposed to watch AND comprehend while scrapping? LOL
LOL-YEP!!! Like I pay attention to all of the science shows that he watches. And he usually wants to discuss something that's on the show, so I have to look up from the laptop, smile, nod or shake my head, say "Yeah, I know" a couple of times, and then go back to whatever I was doing, mostly never even "hearing" whatever it was that he was talking about!!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL-YEP!!! Like I pay attention to all of the science shows that he watches. And he usually wants to discuss something that's on the show, so I have to look up from the laptop, smile, nod or shake my head, say "Yeah, I know" a couple of times, and then go back to whatever I was doing, mostly never even "hearing" whatever it was that he was talking about!!
ROTFLMTEO! I ended up asking for a TV for myself because dh spent a ton of time on the history channel (about wars) and then watching all kinds of violent type shows which I didn't want to watch. ...so now I rarely watch tv with him since I have my own (which 90% of the time the boys are in my room because we have similar watching interests).
Old 08-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I dropped into Vintage Stock tonight because my son wanted to get something. I found EUReKA season one used for $24....season two new for $32...season three new for $21 .... where else should I look for a used copy? I do want a guarantee with it that it will work!

I did buy Lake House (I love that movie!) for $5.99 used...it comes with a 30 day guarantee. Going to watch this on my mom's 70th birthday on the 21st...my sister is hopefully going to spend the night and she hasn't seen the movie...but mom and I both love it!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Well Amazon is the same price. I checked a couple of more sites, but no better deals. I can't think of anywhere else right now.

I have never seen Lake House-I'll have to go check it out!

I know how you feel about the tv-it's either science or history here too! I like some of the science shows and usually I'll watch the haunted history, but dh doesn't even like to watch those! LOL-that figures!