Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-16-2021, 09:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life Check In 3/21

I chose 5 scrap projects to focus on. I have many unfinished and not even started scrap projects so I thought it would be wise to choose 5 to work on now.
I finished 2 of them!! And I have all the journaling added to my 2018 Project Life!

Anyone else still working on Project Life? Share a page with us

I am using Traci Reed's Stitched Template like usual
Old 03-16-2021, 11:16 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty clueless about the Project Life thing but it sounds interesting. Not sure I need to do any other projects right now. But I'll probably check it out. Would that be something that would help me do my family pages?
  1. I have a wedding album I need to do (have, like 3 pages done )
  2. Baby albums for my grandkids.
  3. My youngest is a junior in high school this year, so I'm doing her a "personal yearbook" for grades 9-11 and then one for her senior year next year.
  4. I'm also working here and there on family pages for me.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
I'm pretty clueless about the Project Life thing but it sounds interesting. Not sure I need to do any other projects right now. But I'll probably check it out. Would that be something that would help me do my family pages?
  1. I have a wedding album I need to do (have, like 3 pages done )
  2. Baby albums for my grandkids.
  3. My youngest is a junior in high school this year, so I'm doing her a "personal yearbook" for grades 9-11 and then one for her senior year next year.
  4. I'm also working here and there on family pages for me.
I do PL in addition to Family pages. PL allows me to document the everyday; those little candid moments that I don't want to forget.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've stayed pretty caught up (I have to do last week, still) on this year's PL.
I started working back on 2017 PL at the beginning of the year, but have lost a little steam on that. I have 6 weeks finished and 26 weeks with words & pictures. I should get back to work on that one!
Old 03-19-2021, 09:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I've stayed pretty caught up (I have to do last week, still) on this year's PL.
I started working back on 2017 PL at the beginning of the year, but have lost a little steam on that. I have 6 weeks finished and 26 weeks with words & pictures. I should get back to work on that one!
nice work! I plan to work some on mine this weekend.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I decided to give it a go for 2021. I did two double spreads (or matching side by sides) for January. Then decided to make it four for February. But, I'm only up to the half way point of February. I add to the pages a little at a time. But, I need to hop on the rest of February before I start feeling behind!

I love the pocket pages that you create, Krista, and bought several packs of those templates in case I decide to go with that style sometime. For now, this is what I've done:

Old 03-19-2021, 08:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying to do a project life but am really struggling to get photos every week. I've done up to week 5 and hopefully will finish week 6 today. I might have to do some single pages for the weeks that I don't have enough photos for.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on past years right now (like usual!) rather than trying to stay current. I'm trying to finish 2019 right now, and I'm getting close! I have 6 more PL layouts. Three already have photos and journaling placed and 3 I need to start. (Still not ready to print the book because I combine PL and non-PL in the same album. I have about 30 pages to finish for that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
I'm trying to do a project life but am really struggling to get photos every week. I've done up to week 5 and hopefully will finish week 6 today. I might have to do some single pages for the weeks that I don't have enough photos for.
My weeks vary a lot! When I first started my kids were young and cute (and willing to be photographed!), so I did 2-3 pages a week. Between the pandemic and them all being teens who don't want many photos taken, I do a lot less now. I seem to alternate between 1 page a week and 1 page for 2 weeks. But I've also had some weeks that are double page spreads and others where I can fit 3 weeks on 1 page!

Last edited by rach3975; 03-19-2021 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm working on past years right now (like usual!) rather than trying to stay current. I'm trying to finish 2019 right now, and I'm getting close! I have 6 more PL layouts. Three already have photos and journaling placed and 3 I need to start. (Still not ready to print the book because I combine PL and non-PL in the same album. I have about 30 pages to finish for that.)

My weeks vary a lot! When I first started my kids were young and cute (and willing to be photographed!), so I did 2-3 pages a week. Between the pandemic and them all being teens who don't want many photos taken, I do a lot less now. I seem to alternate between 1 page a week and 1 page for 2 weeks. But I've also had some weeks that are double page spreads and others where I can fit 3 weeks on 1 page!
Thank you Rachel, I've been wondering how to put my PL in my yearly album.

This is my first attempt at PL and I'm only three weeks behind. So feeling pretty good. I sometimes forget to take pictures of something. I love the idea of combining one or two weeks.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I decided to give it a go for 2021. I did two double spreads (or matching side by sides) for January. Then decided to make it four for February. But, I'm only up to the half way point of February. I add to the pages a little at a time. But, I need to hop on the rest of February before I start feeling behind!

I love the pocket pages that you create, Krista, and bought several packs of those templates in case I decide to go with that style sometime. For now, this is what I've done:

Your layouts are amazing!
Old 03-20-2021, 08:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been keeping up for the most part. Sometimes I feel like I'm taking the same photos over and over again and writing the same things about our week, though! One thing that might help those who don't think they have enough photos is to think of a theme for the week, like "What we ate this week," "coming up in the garden," or whatever you find interesting, and take photos about that. Kind of like combining an All About Me album with project life. If I have a theme in mind, I take more photos and I look for more opportunities to take photos. Even a "What I wore" theme would be fascinating to look back on years from now.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
Thank you Rachel, I've been wondering how to put my PL in my yearly album.

This is my first attempt at PL and I'm only three weeks behind. So feeling pretty good. I sometimes forget to take pictures of something. I love the idea of combining one or two weeks.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Welcome to PL! There are a few different ways to arrange PL pages and non-PL pages in one album. My personal favorite is to start each month with its PL pages--almost like an overview of the month--then put all the non-PL pages for that month right afterward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2021, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm getting back to it after a long hiatus. I do 2 volumes/year and right now I'm finishing up the first half of 2019, trying to get it into Shutterfly before their sale ends today. I rarely post my pages anymore because it takes too much time to list all the products used and I use product from all over the place. I love looking at everyone else's pages though!
Old 03-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Charlene! Your pages look amazing!

I just finished my 2020 album in time for the Shutterfly Unlimited Pages promo.

I'm still working on my 2019 PL album; I have three months left. I just always start to feel stuck using pocket style layouts.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do this year. In theory, I want to use Cindy's Mini Album 4 and its add-ons, but even though I LOVE the layouts other people make with it, I just don't know that I want to commit a whole year to one style again.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
I got so stuck in 2019 because there were 3 weeks I just didn't have pictures/stories for and I didn't know how to fill those pages. I was just stalled & fell behind. Then it dawned on me... there's no rules I have to follow! I combined the 3 weeks on one spread and just called it "Week 12, 13 & 14" and then was able to move on!
Old 03-22-2021, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I got so stuck in 2019 because there were 3 weeks I just didn't have pictures/stories for and I didn't know how to fill those pages. I was just stalled & fell behind. Then it dawned on me... there's no rules I have to follow! I combined the 3 weeks on one spread and just called it "Week 12, 13 & 14" and then was able to move on!
Yep, now that my kids are older (and one of the 2 is off at college), my photo taking is way down and inconsistent. So, sometimes, I'll combine weeks or get some filler by looking up news/weather stuff online or looking in Goodreads for what I was reading that week. There are no rules.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel like I am ready to tackle PL 2018!!
I have all my journaling for the year added. I just need to start adding the photos and getting the spreads lookin' all pretty

Anyone else tackling a past year or a BIG project?
Old 11-28-2021, 10:11 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I started a weekly 52 project at the beginning of the year and got behind in either May or June. I would like very much to get caught back up. Maybe I will be able to find the time.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post
I started a weekly 52 project at the beginning of the year and got behind in either May or June. I would like very much to get caught back up. Maybe I will be able to find the time.
I hope you find some time to work on it
Old 11-29-2021, 12:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post
Thanks for reviving this thread! I am still plugging away at 2021, trying to get the past few weeks at least in templates and journaled. I love doing my weekly spreads, but I DO get tired of keeping to the same plans, templates, and styles all year long. Anyone have new ideas for 2022? I have really loved using Cindy's templates this year--a fun break from traditional pocket pages. Part of me wants to do something completely different for 2022. Maybe a photo challenge or focusing on specific aspects of my life instead of the free-for-all it has become.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:24 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Thanks for reviving this thread! I am still plugging away at 2021, trying to get the past few weeks at least in templates and journaled. I love doing my weekly spreads, but I DO get tired of keeping to the same plans, templates, and styles all year long. Anyone have new ideas for 2022? I have really loved using Cindy's templates this year--a fun break from traditional pocket pages. Part of me wants to do something completely different for 2022. Maybe a photo challenge or focusing on specific aspects of my life instead of the free-for-all it has become.
I used to do the "Capture your 365" photo challenge when It was still alive but the person that ran it retired. I saved quite a few of the monthly prompts so I plan to create a blank calendar page for each month and write down a daily photo prompt hoping to give myself a push to get the daily photos completed.

In 2021, I tried to stick with the same kit for all of my weekly layouts and I think that is why I fell behind. I love the kit but easily got tired of using the same thing all of the time. I do have to admit though that all of my pages look great using the same kit.

For 2022, I plan to choose one kit at the beginning of the month and use that kit all month. The next month, I will choose a new and different kit. Maybe use the newest designer collab for that month, or the Free with Purchase kit.

For templates, I have several designers that I like and I tend to use their multi-photo templates but, unfortunately, they are not designers here. I'll have to take a good look in the store!!

Does anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-01-2021, 03:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I fell behind & need to get into major catch-up mode. I have complete pages through week 19 and pictures (and journaling for most weeks) in place through week 33.
I've also been using Cindy's Mini Album 4 templates & while i love the extra variety that will be in my book this year, I'm finding that the increased decision-making has really slowed me down. I think I'll go back to 'regular' pocket pages next year and/or mix them up.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:00 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Well since I just got back into scrapbooking again this year (Feb) I'm thinking that this is something I would like to tackle for 2022. I wanted to do it for this year but found out that I don't take enough photos of my life to do that. I'm not sure I want 365 photo prompts because that just sounds like it would be setting me up to fail for sure right now...but maybe just a photo a day, no prompt - just take a picture. I think I might put a reminder on my phone to get it more focused in my brain. I have a good phone camera, so no excuses.

And Allyson - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Project 365 layouts. Every time I see one I study to see how you added all the extras to make it so interesting. I also love all your journaling - this is something I really suck at so you really inspire me to tell our family story a bit more in my pages even if they're not a Project 365.

My "loose" plan is to do a page for each week, so 4 double-page spreads for the month (depending on the month it might have to be 3). Then I'll scrap pages of photos and events that require their own page to follow in my album. At least that is the plan - all plans are subject to change - because, life....yeah, just life. It really ran amuck this last year but I'm hopeful for this coming one.

Old 12-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I am hopeful that we will be able to start a new thread for 2022 when it is closer to the end of the month/year!

I used to do a photo a day without a prompt but found I was struggling to find something to take the photo of.... that's why I like having the prompt. I have been known to even stage a shot of something on my dining room table!

I like doing the weekly because I don't need to have a photo for every day. I can have a series of photos from an event during the week or I can have one a day. It's totally up to me!