Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's talk Crocs, again

Hey ladies! I know these threads come up, and I've searched them but haven't been able to find what I need. I've got a lot of foot pain walking on our wood floors and stairs, especially since I ran my 5K a month ago. It's getting worse, so I'm hoping that buying a pair of crocs to wear around the house will help. Do they really absorb lots of shock to protect weak little feet like mine? I'm desperate for some relief so that I can start running again before the winter!

I typically wear a 7.5, but I notice they are all in whole sizes. Should I go up or down? I'm leaning toward down because I think going big will just cause more muscle pain, but I worry about blisters (do Crocs even give people blisters?).

I think I want these ones (image linked)

and I can't locate them on any of the store's websites that sell Crocs around here, so I'm going to have to buy them online without trying them on.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I've never gotten blisters from Crocs, and my kids have worn them continuously for the past couple of years, and haven't gotten any either.

I wear an 8.5 normally, so I bought the 8-9 size, and they fit great. That's just the "regular" Crocs though, but I would assume the sizing is the same for all!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would go up a size. I had to return a pair last winter because the toes were a little short and made my feet hurt. I went up and now they are comfortable but they do slide off a bit more easily.

Now for around the house...can you wear their sandals? With socks if your feet get cold. Because to me the sandals are the ones that have the most shock absorbancy. The other ones are good too, but I just LOVE my sandals for the squishiness I get in them.

I am a croc nut (I own 9 pairs - 5 different styles) and these are the most comfy and comfy for my aching feet. And the sandals you can go down a size and you are fine, it is the closed toed ones that I'd go up (which I did for my winter pair).
Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son loves Crocs. He lives in them whenever the weather is half way decent. He has never gotten a blister and never complained that his feet hurt while wearing them. I have never worn them though, but based on how much my almost 4 year old has loved his for the past 3 summers, I would recommend them.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i live in my crocs. i even have a fur lined pair for the winter LOL i don't care how ugly people say they are...they're damn comfy.

my kids live in them in the summer as well and they've never complained either.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 8 pair & LOVE them all!
I normally wear an 11, but in the Croc sandals I have, the Patricia & Cleo, the 10 fits perfect! But, the closed toe shoes I have, I wear the 11. If it's open toed, go down. If it's closed, I have no clue! lol
ETA: I forgot, I never get blisters!

Last edited by digideb; 09-14-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never owned a pair of crocs - but we've gotten a few pair for ds. he loves them - but for him they do take some breaking in. he has gotten some blisters poor guy. but he loves his crocs!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

crocs just don't fit me the size down is too small and the size up is too big.
have you been to the podiatrist? i have isoles for my shoes and wear them with sneakers when i have foot pain.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love crocs. But yes, they will give you blisters depending on the ones you get.

I bought these and I get blisters from them.
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-crocband-...women-footwear

The classic style I have and the other flats http://www.crocs.com/crocs-malindi/1...footwear-flats
I have haven't ever given me blisters.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had no idea there was so much variety in crocs!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, ladies! I think I'm going to order the size 8 and hope for the best. And now there are a few other styles I'm going to have to try out if these ones help my poor feet out! I think having a baby made it so that my super comfy flip flops that I bought about 10 pair of, just don't do it for my feet anymore. I'm hoping Crocs will replace them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
crocs just don't fit me the size down is too small and the size up is too big.
have you been to the podiatrist? i have isoles for my shoes and wear them with sneakers when i have foot pain.
Yeah, DH wants me to go to a podiatrist, but I'm using the fact that it costs so much as my excuse to not have to go to the doctor. If Crocs don't help then I will definitely make an appointment though!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have 3 pairs of Crocs although they don't fit well enough to give me foot support. I find the 6 is small & the 7 is big and kind of slips but I love how easy they are to throw on for the store or to play with DS in the yard, etc. I hope you find them comfy!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never worn crocs so I can't help there but I just wanted to say that the style you picked out is too stinkin cute. I hope your feet feel better soon.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We all wear crocs (me, DH, and 3 boys) and we haven't had any blisters with them. I like the thongs the most, I have 5 pairs! lol!