Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2021, 08:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 1st

I had a lot of trouble pulling myself out of bed this morning to come to work, so it is probably going to seem strange, but today I am grateful for work.

As a single mother who was also responsible for the care of her own mother, I have always appreciated the fact that I could support all three of us through my own labors. Had I been born in a different time, that may not have been possible, so I am extremely thankful that it was.

I am also thankful that work provides for the necessities like food and shelter and also the occasional indulgences. Furthermore, I am thankful that, while I am still not a morning person and Mondays are not my favorite, I have a place to go to earn a living, feel productive and reap the benefits of my efforts.

Finally, I am thankful that I also have a fun job, designing, that provides a creative outlet for me and a connection to great community of people.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 11-02-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful for vacation days. lol

Old 11-01-2021, 08:50 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I would have to agree with both of your Thankful reasons!

I am also thankful for my Grandmother. If it wasn't for her, I don't know who I would be today. She kept my sister and I out of the foster system, and had us in church every time the door was open, and some times when it wasn't. lol. She had us in there cleaning! She has Alzheimer's and broke her hip yesterday. I am also thankful she came through her surgery for it without any complications!

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 11-01-2021, 08:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I am grateful that I have leftovers in the fridge. I don't need to worry about preparing a dinner for us. Chicken Noodle or Ham and Potato Soup are on the menu for this evening.

I am also thankful that I have the means to provide a choice of food for us, my cupboards and fridge are full.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have so many things to be thankful for... today, November , my birth month, I am thankful for being able to celebrate my health and another year of life.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-01-2021, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful that Lorrie started this thread! I've been struggling work-wise for awhile now, but this is exactly what I need in order to concentrate on the POSITIVES and not the negatives. Today I am thankful I can work from home.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is actually from yesterday, but I'm counting it. We have a family at Church who has 3 adorable little girls (the oldest has named her Barbies after my daughters!) The middle girl is incredibly shy and a momma's girl. As they were leaving Church I told her goodbye and waved to her. She actually smiled and waved back to me! Made my day!

So, I am thankful for little ones who bring such joy and happiness into the world (and into my life since mine are all teenagers)!
Old 11-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Lorie for creating this thread!
It's the first time I do something like this and I think it's a really great idea.
Today I'm thankful for for being able to help my kids start their vacation homework and the good job they did.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that the sun is shining and that the trees that just turned brilliant yellow LAST WEEK (what? so late!) still have their leaves today. Usually, they all blow down in a late storm. Also, no headache today!

Old 11-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for the Fall weather in Orlando today I don't know how long it will stick around, but it is stunning today
Old 11-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not making this a sad post...but I am thankful for my faith.

A week ago today, we buried my Aunt. It has been a hard week and my heart is heavy...but I am thankful for faith.

I won't elaborate just simply thankful I had such an awesome woman in my life and rejoicing that I will see her again.

I hope to get to scrap some pages for this 30 Days of Thanks challenge.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for Mondays. Specifically that I have Mondays off work. They are my most productive day with laundry & chores but also I can slow down & sit in the hot tub with my coffee and recharge for a busy week.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful for a dry sunny day and it's gorgeous out with the leaves turning yellow.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for the sun shining today (and all weekend) and for the wonderful support system we have around us. My daughter Sarah, has a whole bunch of "aunties and uncles" who love her dearly, and she never questions her value and importance to them. She's at home in their homes and knows she is loved. I think that's so so wonderful for a child to feel growing up.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Today i am grateful for my mother, family & friends! I had a bad fall last week and have badly broken my arm & wrist. my loved ones have rallied around and worked out schedules so that i can rest and heal and have people drive me to appointments etc, my loved ones really are amazing!!!
Old 11-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for the organization we work for and the insurance they provide.

I had a lumbar puncture on Friday & an MRI, and they ran a thousand tests, including a meningitis test that was a thousand dollars. My total bill was $4000, and I only paid $30. Plus, they covered my travel to Manila to have the test done.

I am so thankful that I am so well taken care of, even if I'm wishing that I didn't need to be taken care of at the moment.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hugs Kellie!!

I am thankful for the power of prayer. My daughter is off to University in February, on the other side of the country. It has been hard while we are in lockdown to secure accommodation for her, as we can't travel to view any properties, which puts us far down the priority ladder with landlords. After a week of prayer she had someone contact her with an amazing offer for her and her friends. It's not totally confirmed yet, but it's all been very positive and the landlord has been really nice. Fingers crossed it goes through ok. We're feeling a lot less stressed now that she has options open to her.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today I am grateful that I was able to be there in person to celebrate my grandson's 2nd birthday. I got to see his excitement when he opened his presents and blow out his candles and enjoy his cake.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It is a Monday...I am so tired today, stayed up too late last night...
I am thankful for my insta pot today...it gave us a quick and easy dinner with minimal clean up.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for my adult daughter today. She asked me to go with her to get her oil changed at one of those drive-through oil change places and we had a big block of time to have an uninterrupted visit! She is great!
Old 11-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbear View Post
I would have to agree with both of your Thankful reasons!

I am also thankful for my Grandmother. If it wasn't for her, I don't know who I would be today. She kept my sister and I out of the foster system, and had us in church every time the door was open, and some times when it wasn't. lol. She had us in there cleaning! She has Alzheimer's and broke her hip yesterday. I am also thankful she came through her surgery for it without any complications!
She sounds wonderful. I am so happy you had her and that she came through her surgery well. I will be saying a prayer for her.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Today I am grateful that I have leftovers in the fridge. I don't need to worry about preparing a dinner for us. Chicken Noodle or Ham and Potato Soup are on the menu for this evening.

I am also thankful that I have the means to provide a choice of food for us, my cupboards and fridge are full.
It's a blessing, isn't it. I am going off now to get my crock pot ready for the morning so all I have to do is plug it in before work.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Today I'm thankful that Lorrie started this thread! I've been struggling work-wise for awhile now, but this is exactly what I need in order to concentrate on the POSITIVES and not the negatives. Today I am thankful I can work from home.
I think being able to work from home is great when it is needed. Like when I can't pull myself out of bed. LOL

I hope that you had a good day, Jill. Getting close to retirement must make working a bit more of a challenge. I am sure you are just ready to be done and move on to that next chapter.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Mine is actually from yesterday, but I'm counting it. We have a family at Church who has 3 adorable little girls (the oldest has named her Barbies after my daughters!) The middle girl is incredibly shy and a momma's girl. As they were leaving Church I told her goodbye and waved to her. She actually smiled and waved back to me! Made my day!

So, I am thankful for little ones who bring such joy and happiness into the world (and into my life since mine are all teenagers)!
That is so sweet! Little ones are everything, aren't they? I've always heard that children are God's way of telling us there is still hope in the world and I believe that with all my heart.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I am thankful that the sun is shining and that the trees that just turned brilliant yellow LAST WEEK (what? so late!) still have their leaves today. Usually, they all blow down in a late storm. Also, no headache today!
I noticed on my way home how the trees seemed to finally be changing. I love the colors of fall, so I was happy to see that.

Glad you don't have a headache! Hope you continue to feel good.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie View Post
Not making this a sad post...but I am thankful for my faith.

A week ago today, we buried my Aunt. It has been a hard week and my heart is heavy...but I am thankful for faith.

I won't elaborate just simply thankful I had such an awesome woman in my life and rejoicing that I will see her again.

I hope to get to scrap some pages for this 30 Days of Thanks challenge.
Hugs to you, Melinda. I know it is a hard loss and you have my sincere sympathy. It is so hard to lose those we love and the way I always get through it is knowing I was lucky to have them for the time I did and that they are always with me, even when they aren't. Faith is a beautiful thing to be thankful for.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Today I'm thankful for Mondays. Specifically that I have Mondays off work. They are my most productive day with laundry & chores but also I can slow down & sit in the hot tub with my coffee and recharge for a busy week.
Good for you, Amie. But I am a little jealous! LOL
Old 11-01-2021, 11:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm thankful for the sun shining today (and all weekend) and for the wonderful support system we have around us. My daughter Sarah, has a whole bunch of "aunties and uncles" who love her dearly, and she never questions her value and importance to them. She's at home in their homes and knows she is loved. I think that's so so wonderful for a child to feel growing up.
It is. It sounds like you have a beautiful circle. <3
Old 11-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Today i am grateful for my mother, family & friends! I had a bad fall last week and have badly broken my arm & wrist. my loved ones have rallied around and worked out schedules so that i can rest and heal and have people drive me to appointments etc, my loved ones really are amazing!!!
That fall sounds awful! I am so sorry you are hurt, but your family sounds wonderful! I am glad they are there for you and I hope your healing process goes smooth and easy! Sounds like they will make sure it does.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for the successful completion of surgery of a friend, who had a tumour on her heart. She had open heart surgery today and is recovering now.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Hugs Kellie!!

I am thankful for the power of prayer. My daughter is off to University in February, on the other side of the country. It has been hard while we are in lockdown to secure accommodation for her, as we can't travel to view any properties, which puts us far down the priority ladder with landlords. After a week of prayer she had someone contact her with an amazing offer for her and her friends. It's not totally confirmed yet, but it's all been very positive and the landlord has been really nice. Fingers crossed it goes through ok. We're feeling a lot less stressed now that she has options open to her.
More hugs from me Kellie. Not feeling well is so tough, but good health care is a true blessing.

Jacinda, that sounds like a tough situation, so I hope it all works out. Let us know. I will be adding my prayers for a good result for your daughter and less worry for you all.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
Today I am grateful that I was able to be there in person to celebrate my grandson's 2nd birthday. I got to see his excitement when he opened his presents and blow out his candles and enjoy his cake.
I hope you took photos and are going to scrap them because the excitement of a child is a beautiful thing!
Old 11-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I am thankful for my adult daughter today. She asked me to go with her to get her oil changed at one of those drive-through oil change places and we had a big block of time to have an uninterrupted visit! She is great!
That sounds awesome. I can totally relate, my son is 30, and I love this stage of motherhood so much.
Old 11-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I'm thankful for the successful completion of surgery of a friend, who had a tumour on her heart. She had open heart surgery today and is recovering now.
That sounds like a scary situation. I am glad your friend is recovering. <3
Old 11-01-2021, 11:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing today. I know I commented on many of them and sorry if I hijacked the post a bit, but honestly, your blessings, your positivity in trying times and your overall gratefulness gives me so much joy I just had to say something.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing today. I know I commented on many of them and sorry if I hijacked the post a bit, but honestly, your blessings, your positivity in trying times and your overall gratefulness gives me so much joy I just had to say something.
Thank you Lorie for doing this. It is good to stop and think of something we are thankful for, so often we focus on the bad things of a day.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Thank you Lorie for doing this. It is good to stop and think of something we are thankful for, so often we focus on the bad things of a day.
That is so true. I know I will find myself doing it if I am not careful. Like right now, work is nuts and I could be thinking about how stressful it is, but instead I am thinking about how the time is flying by as I am slaying one dragon at a time.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Late, but yesterday I was thankful for a new fridge and my husband who modified our cabinets to make said fridge fit. Our old one was just shy of 16 years and the door fell completely off, then the freezer door broke, all in a matter of a few minutes. I texted my husband asking how the door went back on (a part is missing that we still can't locate!) and he told me to meet him in town. We bought a new one and he brought it home. Super thankful that we could do this.