Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Smile School pictures! (added Chloe's)

So Cait got her school pictures back today! (Chloe was still out for her collar bone, tomorrow will be her first day back) What do you girls think, does the background look ok? I'm not going to do retakes, I'm so excited about the pics, and she looks nice, now that I've finally got them, that's good enough for me! lol. I'm just unsure about the background color though, it looks so close to the color of her hair, and the colors in her top... There's no real pop of color here... Should I pick a bolder color next year? I was more worried one of the bolder colors would clash with her shirt somehow, but now it all looks the same color!

Chloe has the same background, but she's wearing blue plaid - hers may stand out more.

Last edited by breakingbrie; 11-16-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

that's actually a reall ypretty background colour.. we don't have that option here. it's either grey- or the *way too bold* jewel tones.. LOL.. i do think her hair blends too much into it but. . you know what.. It's pretty anyway
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aw, thanks! Yea, we had the super bold colors too, the emerald, superpurple, a really bright dark blue, grey, or this. lol, maybe I'll just go with a brighter top next year...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I actually like the background with her hair and shirt. As it is now her face is what pops, which is what you want (rather than some purple shirt or something).
Old 11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It looks REALLY good to me. I like it.

We usually go with blue or green for Jeffrey- works best with his eyes.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Personally I'm not fond of LifeTouch, but in this shot there's enough separation between her and the background that it doesn't blend in. I think maybe if they'd had her turned a little more - just sat her differently - you'd be able to see the difference more. But! It's a school picture, they just click and send the student on his or her way, can't expect too much from them.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a bit worried she was getting lost in the pic, so I'm glad to hear she's not! Yea, I know school pics aren't always the best, but I'm so excited for their first school pics, I had already decided to keep it, no matter how it turned out lol. Just for the experience, ya know, to see how she smiled, if she looked nervous or silly, I'd have kept it anyways.
I got Chloe's this morning when I dropped her off, here's hers-
You can tell that she was a bit more nervous/shy with the photographer than Cait was

I'm ready to hang these up already!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we got ours yesterday too! we let DD pick the background color for her pic (she chose one of the jewel tones LA mentioned, LOL - PURPLE!) and she's wearing a pink plaid dress. So her pic looks like a sweet tart, ha ha.

I don't worry about them too much because the pics we take at home are wayyyyyy better quality anyhow.

the funny thing is - I haven't held a printed photo in my hands in so long that I'm not even sure what to do with them?!!

beckie_scraps on IG!