Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-15-2021, 07:29 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default You know you're a scrapbooker when . . .

. . . a tropical storm is coming your way and your first worry is losing power so you can't create your Shadowbox layout and won't be able to upload and you'll lose your 50% discount.

Are there any exceptions for Acts of God?
Old 08-15-2021, 08:12 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Scrap quickly, Cheryl!
Okay, all jokes aside, I hope you're safe and your electricity doesn't shut off. It's way too hot and humid right now to lose it no matter what, especially when scrapping for these challenges!
Old 08-15-2021, 08:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Surely, right??

I hope you're safe, Cheryl, and that you are able to complete your layout and get it uploaded quickly!
Old 08-15-2021, 08:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Surely, right??

I hope you're safe, Cheryl, and that you are able to complete your layout and get it uploaded quickly!
Old 08-15-2021, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha - I made hubby come home from camping early so I wouldn't miss out on the first two days...

But - I think as long as you do them all by the final deadline you're good, even if you miss the 48 hours on each for the freebie

Old 08-15-2021, 09:52 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
Scrap quickly, Cheryl!
Okay, all jokes aside, I hope you're safe and your electricity doesn't shut off. It's way too hot and humid right now to lose it no matter what, especially when scrapping for these challenges!
Oh, you know I can go fast! LOL

And lordy, the heat and humidity, please spare me from that. When we lost power in the fall with Hurricane Sally, UGH. So miserable.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:53 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Surely, right??

Thank you so much!
Old 08-15-2021, 09:54 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Hahaha - I made hubby come home from camping early so I wouldn't miss out on the first two days...

But - I think as long as you do them all by the final deadline you're good, even if you miss the 48 hours on each for the freebie
Oh my gosh! You're right! I suppose I can bear losing one or two freebies as long as I get to keep my discount. Ha! It's really been awesome to get back into creating daily again.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:58 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
Oh my gosh! You're right! I suppose I can bear losing one or two freebies as long as I get to keep my discount. Ha! It's really been awesome to get back into creating daily again.
Scrap faster! Sounds like y’all should get a generator. That’s a scrap expense right?
Old 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselwatchr View Post
Scrap faster! Sounds like y’all should get a generator. That’s a scrap expense right?
We have a generator, and we can run a small window unit (what we did last year after Hurricane Sally) alternating with the refrigerator and a lamp or two. I didn't try to use my computer because even though we have a surge protector, I'm still nervous about power spikes that could damage my computer. I might have to bite the bullet and scrap on my iPad. I'm so used to scrapping at my desktop that I think it might be an exercise in frustration.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Hopefully the power stays on and you all stay comfy and cool!
Old 08-15-2021, 11:11 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We have a generator, and we can run a small window unit (what we did last year after Hurricane Sally) alternating with the refrigerator and a lamp or two. I didn't try to use my computer because even though we have a surge protector, I'm still nervous about power spikes that could damage my computer. I might have to bite the bullet and scrap on my iPad. I'm so used to scrapping at my desktop that I think it might be an exercise in frustration.
I’m so used to scrapping on my computer that when hubby got me a new one because mine was running slow and PSE kept crashing, I still used my old computer and he has the new one. I couldn’t even imagine scrapping on an iPad.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So this has got me thinking. Can I buy a generator and write it off as a business expense so that I can keep working even when the power goes out? It seems legitimate to me and I really want a generator and I really would work if the power was out because my office is in the basement which is the safest place to be during bad weather in Indiana.

Stay safe, Cheryl.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:54 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Hopefully the power stays on and you all stay comfy and cool!
Yes, I'll take any and all positive thoughts! Power on, A/C running . . .
Old 08-15-2021, 11:58 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselwatchr View Post
I’m so used to scrapping on my computer that when hubby got me a new one because mine was running slow and PSE kept crashing, I still used my old computer and he has the new one. I couldn’t even imagine scrapping on an iPad.
That's so funny! I know when I've gotten new computers, just getting used to the new tech is stressful. If I just jump in and try it, I'm sure I'll be fine on the iPad. I just don't like that most everything I've read, you don't have much in the way of shadow styles, and I'm addicted to mine.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
So this has got me thinking. Can I buy a generator and write it off as a business expense so that I can keep working even when the power goes out? It seems legitimate to me and I really want a generator and I really would work if the power was out because my office is in the basement which is the safest place to be during bad weather in Indiana.

Stay safe, Cheryl.
Thanks so much! And I think it should count as a business expense. You are buying it so that you can continue working. Check with your tax preparer!
Old 08-16-2021, 07:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe, Cheryl! Those storms are looking nasty. I hope you can get your work done in time.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my! Be safe and cool! Hopefully you get it done in time!

I always charge up my laptop before a storm just in case... but luckily we do have a generator (electrician hubby set it up so most of the house runs on it... I only lose my AC, dryer, stove and pool pump... last storm we did discover we cannot use instant pot and toaster oven at the same time...lol)

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-16-2021, 07:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post

Stay safe, Cheryl.
I totally think you could write it off!! Especially if you loose power often!!

Old 08-16-2021, 08:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe Cheryl!

We had a big storm last week and our power was out was 4 hours. Went out just before dinner. Thankfully I had been to the deli earlier in the day, so ham sandwiches on fresh buns with veggies for dinner it was.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yup, that is when you know you are a scrapbooker!!!

I think as long as you complete all 31 layouts, you are eligible for the coupon. You stay safe!! We've had some nasty storms blowing through here the past few days, some that even took our power out as well!!!

Old 08-16-2021, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Stay safe. I would be worried too...I don't care about TV or having the lights but my computer better not die on me. LOL I took it with me on our long road trip and hubby questioned me...I was like we might have some down time and I can scrap but at least I have it to download pics...I used it ONCE maybe twice. LOL There is ZERO downtime on vacations with hubby. He is like a cruise director with a fancy itinerary.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:43 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Stay safe, Cheryl! Those storms are looking nasty. I hope you can get your work done in time.
Looks like the storm took a jog to the east, so that's good for us, but bad for the neighboring counties. We should only experience rain now.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Oh my! Be safe and cool! Hopefully you get it done in time!

I always charge up my laptop before a storm just in case... but luckily we do have a generator (electrician hubby set it up so most of the house runs on it... I only lose my AC, dryer, stove and pool pump... last storm we did discover we cannot use instant pot and toaster oven at the same time...lol)
Looks like the storm is going to the east of us. We should only get rain later today. whew

I would love a generator for our entire home. Will your generator run a window unit and a refrigerator at the same time, along with lights and fans?
Old 08-16-2021, 12:46 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Stay safe Cheryl!

We had a big storm last week and our power was out was 4 hours. Went out just before dinner. Thankfully I had been to the deli earlier in the day, so ham sandwiches on fresh buns with veggies for dinner it was.
Yes, we have stuff for sandwiches along with other hurricane food stuffs. If we do lose power and the storm has passed, Jay can always cook on his Blackstone grill.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Yup, that is when you know you are a scrapbooker!!!

I think as long as you complete all 31 layouts, you are eligible for the coupon. You stay safe!! We've had some nasty storms blowing through here the past few days, some that even took our power out as well!!!

Ha! Great gifs!

Looks like the storm is going to the east of us.

Someone earlier in the thread reminded me that as long as I do all 31 layouts, I'll be good for the discount code.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:51 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Stay safe. I would be worried too...I don't care about TV or having the lights but my computer better not die on me. LOL I took it with me on our long road trip and hubby questioned me...I was like we might have some down time and I can scrap but at least I have it to download pics...I used it ONCE maybe twice. LOL There is ZERO downtime on vacations with hubby. He is like a cruise director with a fancy itinerary.
Going to the east of us! Whew! Hopefully we'll just have rain and won't lose power.

That's funny about your hubby . . . most of the time it's the women who plan vacations. I would have to make sure he put me having computer time on the itinerary!
Old 08-16-2021, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad it's missing you!! Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful. Stay safe and dry.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Looks like the storm is going to the east of us. We should only get rain later today. whew

I would love a generator for our entire home. Will your generator run a window unit and a refrigerator at the same time, along with lights and fans?
Yes ours will. I just would have to make sure I'm not using things that draw lots of power at the same time (blow dryer, microwave, ip) We have an emergency air conditioner in the shed just in case. The generator gets hooked right in to my electric panel, I just need to turn off all the 2pole breakers (Central AC, Dryer and stove) we choose not to run the pool unless we absolutely need too.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:15 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm so glad it's missing you!! Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful. Stay safe and dry.

I see you, and I raise you . . .

Old 08-16-2021, 04:15 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Yes ours will. I just would have to make sure I'm not using things that draw lots of power at the same time (blow dryer, microwave, ip) We have an emergency air conditioner in the shed just in case. The generator gets hooked right in to my electric panel, I just need to turn off all the 2pole breakers (Central AC, Dryer and stove) we choose not to run the pool unless we absolutely need too.
You are SO blessed! I will dream . . .
Old 08-16-2021, 05:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I see you, and I raise you . . .

ROFL!