Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-21-2021, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrap it Summer participants - question #3

For question #3... I just gotta ask.... what is your favorite page YOU created for the Scrap it Summer series? I know picking one can be difficult... so ok if you show me a couple of the ones that you made that you are really proud of.

Maybe also share why the page is your favorite.

For me sometimes my favorite page is due to the photo. The memory it sparks. I've done several this month that make me smile remembering the day the photo was taken. The page may not be overly amazing, but to me it is worth a billion bucks. Of course that is what scrapping is all about.

I can't wait for you to share some of your favs with me.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So hard to chose one- but I'd say my national parks layout- since it was so fun to come up with the design! *Also- HOLY MOLY the gallery is just hopping with SO much gorgeousness! I'm trying to comment on as much as I can & the inspiration is astounding! Bravo fellow scrappers!!!

Last edited by AmieN1; 08-21-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:30 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Probably this one that I just finished. It was a labor of love. This is my husband's grandparents during WWII.

I also love this one, because I am not a pocket page scrapper, and love how it turned out.

Last edited by weaselwatchr; 08-21-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This one is my favorite because I'm so passionate about raising my girls to believe in their self-worth and their own empowerment. I also just love the photos. My girls can rock the RBF for a serious portrait.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My favorite two pages so far are these because they are both true creative releases. Meaning I had no direction in mind, and just let the creativity flow. I didn't have to worry about a certain photo or moment...I just the art reveal itself to me as I worked. And they both have different "tones" or "moods" to them based on how I was feeling that day.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These two, but I like most of them a lot. LOL!!!

and this one:

Old 08-21-2021, 10:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 here, but I like all of them. And loving all the inspiration in the gallery!

Old 08-21-2021, 11:34 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love this one because it has me and my children, and I love the selfie inception.

I love this one because I love reading and I love that I have this documented for my all-about-me album!

Old 08-22-2021, 12:00 PM
Banned

profile gallery

This is one of my faves because I don't scrap about who I am very often - mostly just about my perspective or what I'm thinking or felt about in a moment. Plus, the colors here are some of my favorites!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:26 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

So it seems my favourites are all about the water. The first because the kit and photo were just made for each other. I also enjoyed creating or adding on to the journal cards to make them my own.

And the second because I went against what I originally wanted (some flowers) but ended up not liking it as much as this. I let the wordart and photo fill the page instead and loved the result

Old 08-22-2021, 03:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This one! I struggled that day trying to figure out what to do, and then this just totally came together and I love it!

Old 08-22-2021, 05:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

week 3-India
seeing this little bee going about his business from flower to flower without a care in the world made me smile. Once he left I ended up buying that plant just because.

for August it's this one simply because I am not one to use titles or alphas and I really like how it turned out.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG ladies!!! I've been trying to stay up on the gallery but with so many new pages each day, I've missed a lot of these and they are AMAZING!!!!

I've liked all my pages so far (except one that I redid after I found a kit that matched my photos better) but these are my favorite. The beach one was such fun day and the colors all came together so well.
The B&W was so fun for me to find these photos that all have so much personal meaning to me - especially the twin towers and a college friend/roommate that passed away only a few years after we graduated.

Old 08-23-2021, 04:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

hands down this one b/c it was way out of my comfort zone. After my daughter passed in 2010, then 2012 an accident that almost took out my whole family. It was an awakening and I decided to cut off many things after family therapy. I just let go and don't have one regret at all.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post
hands down this one b/c it was way out of my comfort zone. After my daughter passed in 2010, then 2012 an accident that almost took out my whole family. It was an awakening and I decided to cut off many things after family therapy. I just let go and don't have one regret at all.

Mary I am so sorry you lost your daughter
Old 08-28-2021, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Beautiful pages, ladies! I gotta get into the gallery and make more comments.

The gallery is running over with yummy goodness.

I love seeing what is your favorites and learning why. Thank you for sharing!

Old 08-28-2021, 05:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gosh this is so hard!

My favorite, probably was this one, which was done for the birthday challenge - use photos, papers and elements totaling your age. I really enjoyed keeping track of the layers and keeping it to a "bare" minimum. Yes if you know me, I restricted a LOT on this layout but the over all is a gorgeous page!!! It might also have been the FIRST time I'm thankful that I am OLD!

I also had to throw this one in there because if you know me, you know I never shared my photo online. I wasn't one for selfies and the few times that I took them, I was "shamed" for taking them so it wasn't a thing that I really did unless someone was in the photo with me. This year, a friend of mine challenged me to take selfies, learning to be comfortable with them and being in front of the camera by myself! This layout is a life-changing moment of selfies and being in photos instead of just scrapping. Plus I got my hair cut and the lady botched my hair and I miss my hair in this photo!
Old 09-01-2021, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved all the challenges, plus I was able to use 31 kits from my stash (now I'm left with only 6 kits/bundles in my "kits to use" folder and ready to shop more! (OBG, here I come!)
From all my pages, I really enjoyed this one, because it was so much fun!
Old 09-01-2021, 03:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I loved reading everyone's answers and seeing everyone's favorite layouts. So much talent and beauty.

I'm usually my worst critic so sometimes it's hard to look back at my scrapping and pick out favorites but this one is probably my most favorite out of the whole challenge. As I mentioned in question #2 thread, it was probably one of the most challenging for me since I rarely do extractions. I had just taken these photos of my daughter (she recently got back into allowing "photo shoots" lol gotta love teens) and I couldn't wait to scrap with them and luckily this option came up in the challenge. I was really proud of the finished page <3