Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 12/16 Coupons

I've enjoyed the Advent Calendar deals and downloads this month. So that got me thinking about coupons....

Do you shop with coupons anywhere? Do you look for sales discounts? What was the last thing (aside from here) that you bought with a coupon or sale discount?
Old 12-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was thrilled to go into Pier One a few days ago and all their Xmas stuff was on sale. I bought some silver sprigs to put into the tree and love them! I also got two new Xmas mugs (I should take a pic and scrap a page about them).

I'm so happy with the quality and price of them that now I want to go back and buy some of the pink sprigs. I think next year I want to do a similar tree design but will mix red and pink together. I love a good sale!

Last edited by bcgal00; 12-17-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Outside of occasionally using Kohls 30% off coupon, I don't really coupon.

Half the food coupons that I find are for things we don't buy and I'm not about to stockpile on things we don't use/need just to have it for a "rainy day". We buy a lot of off brand stuff, fruits, veggies and bulk from Sams Club that coupons just don't work too well for us.

I often get "free pair of underwear" from Victoria's Secrets (I don't even shop there), but I'm too lazy to leave the house, head to the mall and use the coupon. I either toss them or hand them off to other people who want to go out and shop!

Oh but I do use a LOT of Amazon coupons! I belong to one group, Sales-aholic.com Deals that gives out coupons ALL THE TIME and I'm often debating about whether or not I need what they are giving coupons out for. Just a few moments ago, I bought a FREE mens electric razor that I'll add to one of my IL's Christmas presents because they have a lot of facial hair! Earlier last week, I was able to get a free pair of cat pajama's for my daughter's Christmas Eve present with that group!

I also use my Honey App to get the best deals, find online coupons and earn "gold" that I can turn in to gift cards. This is the kind of coupon shopping/using that I enjoy - - - online!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 12-16-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I usually use online coupons or coupons in apps. I rarely cut out a coupon! The coupons in the 25 days of December are so tempting but I spent more than my budget Black Friday so I'm not allowed to buy anything yet!
Old 12-17-2019, 03:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Coupons aren’t a big thing here in New Zealand but I do save $$$ when I can through price matching, sales, clearance etc

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-17-2019, 11:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't use grocery store coupons. The coupons are often for things that we don't buy, so I don't bother spending the time on it. (Not to mention that if we do cut coupons we end up buying more processed foods than usual because of the temptation that "it's such a good deal...")

For non-grocery items, we often shop sales and use store coupons when they're available. Almost all our clothes, electronics, etc. are bought when they're on sale. As far as most recent sale/coupon purchase, we had an IKEA coupon for $20 off. DH and I had already planned on buying a small desk and chair for our bedroom, so we bought it there with the coupon this past weekend.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I price match for my grocery items by using an app. We have a big WalMart and they will price match anyone so it's easy to get most of my groceries there.

I belong to a samplers club so have received some neat things to sample and sometimes will get a coupon to try something for free. At times I will clip coupons but usually that is for things like Advil and cold medicines as I hate paying the price for those things.

Love shopping clearance and sales for clothes.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I do a lot of my shopping online and always look for coupons and discount codes before I check out. The better the deal, the happier I am.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love www.retailmenot.com
I taught my girls to always check it out before they make an online or in store purchase!!!
Old 12-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Outside of occasionally using Kohls 30% off coupon, I don't really coupon.

Half the food coupons that I find are for things we don't buy and I'm not about to stockpile on things we don't use/need just to have it for a "rainy day". We buy a lot of off brand stuff, fruits, veggies and bulk from Sams Club that coupons just don't work too well for us.

I often get "free pair of underwear" from Victoria's Secrets (I don't even shop there), but I'm too lazy to leave the house, head to the mall and use the coupon. I either toss them or hand them off to other people who want to go out and shop!

Oh but I do use a LOT of Amazon coupons! I belong to one group, Sales-aholic.com Deals that gives out coupons ALL THE TIME and I'm often debating about whether or not I need what they are giving coupons out for. Just a few moments ago, I bought a FREE mens electric razor that I'll add to one of my IL's Christmas presents because they have a lot of facial hair! Earlier last week, I was able to get a free pair of cat pajama's for my daughter's Christmas Eve present with that group!

I also use my Honey App to get the best deals, find online coupons and earn "gold" that I can turn in to gift cards. This is the kind of coupon shopping/using that I enjoy - - - online!
I just happen to click on that link you shared and am now a part of that group! I just can't resist a good deal if I need the item!

I used to shop groceries with coupons on the west coast but now I just shop Aldi and it's pretty cheap anyway.
I'll wait for sales for certain high price things. Like photography course and presets from Katie Lamb photography because I love her style.
And I just shopped some more Beautycounter stuff because they had a good deal on skincare.

But I don't like shopping much. I don't work so no money to spend...