Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2024, 06:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me again - Online Storage & tagging on a Macbook

I know we've talked about this before and y'all have shared with me before, but I'm in the process of getting all my stuff redownloaded or moved over from another hard drive.

For those that use icloud at the higher storage rates, what do you like about it? Have you compared it to backblaze? I have the 50 gigs of storage now, but really just have it for my phone.

And, while I adore ACDsee, I really want to figure out a different system to tag my stuff. This happens every time I have my system the way I like it, either i have to upgrade ACDsee or I loose a hard drive. It use to be super easy to swap over the database, but it doesn't sound like I can do that for this time, because surprise surprise the version I'm using is no longer supported.

I'm using a MacBook Air, it's like as basic as they come! LOL! I keep everything on an external drive, so if you know of a video tutorial that would help me learn to tag, or whatever, that would be great! I don't want to run another system, it tells me constantly I'm out of RAM as it is.

Apparently I'm not good at search strings, I keep finding stuff on photo libraries, not how to tag them.

I feel very old and un tech savvy right now! LOL!
Old 05-12-2024, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I pay for extra iCloud storage, for my photos only pretty much. I use Backblaze to back up my MacBook and EHD (scrapping stuff), and the iCloud I use as a backup/organizer for my Photos.

For tagging, I make the folder the preview image, and I tag just basics - I tag SSD, the year I got it, SSD - Template (I tag separately from kits), and Alpha/Elements/etc. Then I organize in folders by theme - that's it. I would rather not spend a bunch of time tagging stuff.

Old 05-12-2024, 08:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I organize my files by ct teams I am on and then shops and then designers at those shops. I use a MacBook Air and just found this video on how to change the blue folders in finder to the cover of the scrapbook kits. That will sure help a lot. You may already know how to do this. If not, here is the video I watched to find out how to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cEBoMIANE
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies, I'm going to start with redoing my Acdsee, then look into another system. Thankfully I don't have a lot of pressing scrapping projects, so I have the time to tag.