Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney PhotoPass+ at Disneyland

Have any of you ever used the photopass service at Disneyland? What were your opinions, were you happy with the quality of the photos (especially night ones), was it easy to use, were there usually disney photographers where you wanted photos? Any other info?

We are going to Disneyland the beginning of Oct. for the Halloween party. We will be staying a couple of days after that as well. Disneyland now has this PhotoPass+ which allows you to also get pictures from some rides and character breakfasts as well which I am debating about purchasing. It will be my sons first visit being tall enough to go on all the 40 inch rides, and I think it would be fun to have that documented. Has anyone used the photopass+, do you think it would be worth it to buy the package for 3 days (including the Halloween party)?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used it and loved it. The photos weren't perfect, but it was well worth the money to have the good shots of us all together.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never been but I hear that it is totally worth the price. I can't think of anything better but to let someone take over some of the photography for you while you just enjoy.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't used Photopass at Disneyland but when I was there in August, I didn't see that many Photopass photographers around. Granted I wasn't looking for them either, but I wouldn't say there were as many as you'd find at Disneyworld. But maybe I just wasn't in the right areas or something.

Overall, my experience with Photopass has been really mixed. I don't think most of them are given much training so it's kind of a crapshoot whether you'll get someone who knows what they're doing or not. It is nice as Jen said for getting photos of your entire group together, but often if you have your own camera out, they'll offer to take photos with yours as well and I found those usually came out much better since I'd chosen the settings. And we weren't all blinded by the flash, haha.

As far as night photos, the only Photopass photo I purchased from mine and Adam's first trip to Disneyworld was a nighttime photo of us in front of the castle...and we're totally blurry in it! The castle is in focus of course but since we were near the camera, you can tell they focused on the castle behind us without realizing whatever aperture they used would make us blurry (see what I mean about a lack of training?). I was pretty disappointed since there was no way to tell that from the online previews since it won't let you zoom in, so I didn't know until I'd purchased the photo.

Last edited by Nettio; 09-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When we went to DW this summer, I didn't buy it since I didn't know how much we were going to be there - my hubby in Orlando for a conference... it wasn't hard to find a general cast member around to take a photo with your own camera.

However, if I think if I would get it, if we ever go back and just do Disney for the week... nice to have more photos of your time there and in case something happens to your camera, at least you have some photos as a "backup"...
Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I definitely think it's worth it, especially with the added features. We went to Disneyland in 2009 and are heading back in October. I got the photopass CD before we left last time and plan to do it again this year. I found that there were quite a few photographers around and I was happy with most of the pictures. The only picture that didn't turn out was one at night at the front of Disneyland. I think this year I will emphasize that I've already purchased the CD and would they please take a couple of pics each time we pose. I'm usually at the parks by myself with my son, since dh is at a convention when we go, so if I want to be in any pics this is the way to do it.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We did Photopass + this summer at Disneyworld. It was awesome. I hung the card on a lanyard and after a ride, I'd just walk up to the photo window and show them the card, they'd type on the computer for a few seconds, scan my card and off I went. I have so many ride photos (and we did 2 of the meals that were included, too). We made a point to do rides until lunch, then after lunch every time we saw a photographer, we stopped. I'd tell the photographer we had the plus and that we wanted fun photos. I have some of my girls jumping in front of the castle and a really fun one of my son showing off his (nonexistent) muscles. It was totally worth it for me. I spent thousands on the vacation. What's a hundred-something to capture more of those memories?