Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default NSBR: Trip to LA/San Diego

We are looking at planning a trip to Disneyland and Seaworld in October. We are Disney OBSESSED but have always gone to Disneyworld in Florida. This will be our first trip to Disneyland.

Does anybody have any tips about where to stay? How many days to spend at Disney? Any other "must see" things in LA or San Diego area? Where to eat?

I'm thinking it might be too cold to spend a day at the beach in San Diego in October? It looks like average temperatures might be in the 70s.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh how fun!!! Disneyland holds a special place in my heart! <3

Um - it's been a few years since we've gone - but I think 3 days would be plenty to get everything in at DL. We stayed at the Holiday Inn - which is across the freeway from DL. It was still close enough that we would walk to the park. Have you listened to any of the capturing magic podcasts? Or checked out their blog? I know they've talked on the podcast about good places to eat at DL - we never had reservations anywhere there so I have no experience in that department

San Diego - definitely go to the zoo! It's amazing And a trip to the beach could always be fun - pack the swimsuits just in case the kids feel like venturing into the water.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I second the San Diego Zoo, it is one of our favorite places to visit here. We go to the beach year round, but don't really swim, so I can't say how cold it would be swimming. We do put our feet in though, and it is usually bearable. I will keep thinking to see if I have any more suggestions for you.