Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-23-2023, 10:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Where did it start for you?

I have been looking over layouts I've scrapped many moons ago and love seeing the transformation the industry has taken over the past 17 or 18 years!

Along with the growing industry, my scrapping style has changed and evolved over the years. I started out at Digital Scrapbook Place and this was one of the first pages I made back in 2005. I still remember trying to learn the software and getting so frustrated! "Back then" the kits I used had a very limited amount of embellishments and papers. I think this simple page took me hours to create! LOL!

As scrappers, "we've come a long way, baby"!!

I know there have been many sites that weren't able to stand the test of time and have closed but can't remember many of them.

I thought it would be fun to share how, when and where you got started scrapping and make a list of beloved sites that are no longer in business. If you feel inclined, please share one of the first pages you created! I would love to see it!

And, as I type this thread, my heart is filled with joy to be part of Sweet Shoppe Designs, 17 years later, still an amazing place - a true testament to the hard work and dedication that Robin and her staff put forth everyday so that we can create and share special memories with our friends and families through our pages!!
Old 03-23-2023, 10:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started digi in the Summer of 2006. I’d been paper scrapping since the mid 90’s when I was in high school, but my daughter was about 15 months old and I just couldn’t keep up with all the photos and the mess with paper.

I’d been doing siggys over at a mommy forum and had found the Shabby Princess in 2005, so it was kind of a natural progression. I made one digital layout and printed it for Keira’s daycare and I was hooked after that.

I think the Digi Chick and The Shabby Princess/Shabby Shoppe were the first galleries and forums I used, but once SSD made their galleries opened to the public, I’ve been her every since. I actually followed Heather Roselli when I was CTing for her.

I also went to Digi Shop Talk (turns out that's still around). There was another site I went to a lot for a while, it was just a forum at first and they did like a monthly kit, I think Gina Miller was involved, I can't remember.

The Sweet Shoppe has always been welcoming and everyone has always been so kind, even before I was a babe, I think that's why people are still here! And the designers are uber talented! Best in all of digi!
This is the first layout I uploaded here - March 4, 2007.

And this one is from Winter Formal in December.

Keira has grown up here!

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-23-2023 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:21 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I had been using Paint Shop Pro since the mid-90's mainly making siggys for a forum I was on to learn how to use the program and other traditional scrapbooking forums I was a member of (Scrapshare was the main one). I then found Digital Scrapbook Place in late 2007 and started playing with digital. They had scrapbooking tutorials for Paint Shop Pro.

As for other places, I hung out at some of these forums/stores over the years: Scrap Girls, GottaPixel, PlainDigitalWrapper, GingerScraps, ScrapTakeOut and TheDigiChick. I had user names for a lot of others but didn't actually participate, just shopped at times.

ScrapMatters was where I hung out quite often participating in challenges. ScrapTakeOut and TheDigiChick was where I posted a lot because I was on CT's for designers at those stores. When ScrapMatters closed, I ended up at Scrap Orchard and stayed there until they closed. I followed 4 of the designers to TheLilyPad at that time.

I had signed up for this forum and visited but didn't participate much for quite a few years. I would buy kits every once in awhile. My first invoice was in 2013. I started purchasing more kits here 3 years ago.

I posted more in galleries in the past but cut back on that in the last 7 years after Scrap Orchard closed. I also have gotten away from doing challenges. At this time of my life I just want to document my way, not to fill requirements for a challenge. So I don't post to galleries that often. I do enjoy looking though!
Old 03-23-2023, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I also went to Digi Shop Talk (turns out that's still around).

The Sweet Shoppe has always been welcoming and everyone has always been so kind, even before I was a babe, I think that's why people are still here! And the designers are uber talented! Best in all of digi!
This is the first layout I uploaded here - March 4, 2007.

Keira has grown up here!
I will have to check out Digi Shop Talk, I believe I was involved there at one time!

I 100% agree about SSD being welcoming - it's a terrific community!!

I think it's awesome that you will have so many memories scrapped for Keira!!
Old 03-23-2023, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
ScrapMatters was where I hung out quite often participating in challenges. ScrapTakeOut and TheDigiChick was where I posted a lot because I was on CT's for designers at those stores. When ScrapMatters closed, I ended up at Scrap Orchard and stayed there until they closed. I followed 4 of the designers to TheLilyPad at that time.
ScrapMatters and Scrap Orchard were two names I was trying to remember when I was typing the original post! I remember that I was very saddened when ScrapMatters closed!
Old 03-23-2023, 02:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Much like Vanessa, I was introduced to digiscrap through siggys. I was in a mommy forum, wonder if it's the same one, although I can't quite remember the name now?, but I was making siggys there was on the search for things to use and happened upon Shabby Princess. This was around 2009 for me.

I think I found SSD at that time, but never joined since I had no idea about any of this....just grabbed a few of those famous freebies!!!

Digital Scrapbook Place is where I joined first and I got into learning more about PSP9 (that is OLD lol) and then jumped into their challenges & forums a lot more. Over the years there I'd browse around for freebies and seeing all the fuller kits everywhere else made me venture out.

I've hung at and had usernames at a TON of places. Of course some I lurked more than others or only went to visit.
Digital Scrpabook Place
Digital Scrapbooking Studio
DigiScrapShop
Digishop Talk
GoDigitalScrapbooking.com
Gotta Pixel
Gingerscraps
Scraps N Pieces
PickleBerryPop
Plain Digital Wrapper
ScrapBird
ScrapGirls
Scrap Orchard
Sweet Shoppe Designs
The Digi Chick
The Lilypad
With Love Studio
Scrapaneers
The Digital Press
Pixels & Co
Scrapbook.com (although this is more for traditional) I shared in the gallery

I didn't join SSD (bravely) until 2014, and even then I mostly lurked until my first layout here in Jan of 2015

Last edited by Kiana; 03-24-2023 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started digital scrapbooking in 2006 around the time my youngest was born. Creative Memories had a program, but I didn't like that I couldn't be as creative, so I had Neverland Scraps teach me about digital scrapbooking and didn't look back.

I started out at Gotta Pixel and collecting freebies from DST (as well as RAKs, those were fun to win!) I pretty much followed Wendy for a while, NSBD (I think? National Scrapbook Designs?), Ginger Scraps, quite a few others but I don't fully remember names (one was a Christian scrapbooking site). I wasn't fully involved, just followed a designer I CTed for or something. But when I joined ScrapMatters, I had found my home! I became an SMG (scrap Matters girl) leaving love in the gallery and commenting around the site! I made some great friends (many IRL). I wrote for their newsletter, was on their site CT as well as other individual designers, I worked behind the scenes for a while. It was so sad when it closed!

I found my way to Scrap Orchard following a few designers, but then they closed and I was homeless again. I tried a few other sites before becoming more involved at SSD. I remain slightly active at a couple other sites, but this one is my main place to hang out.
Old 03-23-2023, 05:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got my start in 2010 I think with Stuff to Scrap. I was using some of Stampin' Ups digi scrapping stuff. I joined a designer challenge there and quickly was designing my own stuff and selling at STS. When they closed I moved over to Scraps N Pieces and when they closed I went to Gingerscraps. I also did some CT work and took designer classes from Chelle at Scrap Orchard. I took a break in 2016 from it all. I picked it back up in 2019 and in 2020 found my way to Sweet Shoppe

This is a page I did back in 2011 I think...
Old 03-23-2023, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started way back in 2005-6 sometime at Digital Scrapbook Place too. I don't have any of my real old layouts unfortunately due to hard drive crashes (pre knowing what backing up was!) but I 100% can say with certainty that my style has very much evolved and changed.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-24-2023, 12:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I started scrapping (strictly digital) in November 2008, when I was still living and studying in Liverpool, UK. I remember I first signed up into The Digi Chick and Scrap Orchard. However, I was only active in Scrap Orchard at the time and only found out and signed up into SSD a year later, until SO closed abruptly.
I then tried to find a new home, but nothing sat better than SSD. It made me wish I was active here sooner. So here I am exclusively scrapping SSD goodies (proudly). I don't really venture out to other places. I love the friendly and loving community here and Robin is the sweetest and kindest soul I know!

Here is the first page I've posted here:

My very first page is probably very cringe worthy if I look at it now and I can most likely find it in DST, not that I want to
Old 03-24-2023, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first scrapbook home was at 2 Peas and I was there until they closed in 2014. In the early years, around 2006, I was a paper scrapper and card maker. I was a Stampin Up and Close To My Heart consultant and taught scrapbooking classes at a few local stores and then a few yrs later bought my first DSLR which went hand in hand with scrapping (taking the photos and then scrapping), so tried my hand at digital scrapping with my digi photos, but wasn't very good at it so stepped away from digi. I came back to digi in 2012. Here is my first digi LO.

I mostly hung out at 2 Peas but a bit too at Cherry On The Top, Scrap Matters, Oscraps, Scrapbook Graphics, MScraps and Scrap Orchard.

My first LO here was in 2014.

Last edited by bcgal00; 03-24-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2006 hanging out at Scrapbook-bytes. That's where I discovered Fhung of Ztampf and was lucky to be on her team for a while. I also participated at Scrapbook Elements and CTed for Rina Kroes. I was on the Crew at Scrapbookgraphics for five years too. I followed Cindy Schneider here from Peppermint Creative. I've always LOVED her templates.
Old 03-24-2023, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I stumbled on digiscrapping when I was trying to find supplies to make my daughter's 1st birthday invite in 2009. I knew I could copy the ones I had seen on ebay to purchase! I totally fell into the "download all the freebies" stage of beginner scrapper. One of the first designers I found was shabby miss jenn. Other places I've 'lived' during my tenure have been:

Digishop Talk
Gotta Pixel
Gingerscraps
PickleBerryPop
Scrap Orchard
Sweet Shoppe Designs
The Digi Chick
The Lilypad
Scrapaneers
The Digital Press
Pixels & Co

One of my very first pages (I didn't even save any info for supplies) lol:

I had lurked for a long time here at SSD, but was accepted onto Libby Prichett's CT- so here's my first layout here using her supplies from September 2015!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was a paper scrapper in the 90's / early 2000's when I was going to University. In 2004 I got a 'Digital Image Pro' program for Christmas and that was the start of my digital scrapbooking! I never went back to paper after that.

I remember hanging out at Digital Scrapbook Place to start, and various other places - including Scrap Matters, MScraps, and I was a site CT member for Scrap Orchard for many years before it closed (I was very sad when it closed!). I was a CT member for The Daily Digi too, I've seen a few changes come around this business

I can't remember how/when I started hanging out here at SSD - I've been on a few designers CT's over the years and that's likely how, but I don't remember specifics as it's been awhile - my profile says I joined in 2009.

This is one of my first digital pages that I can remember - I literally scanned a 12x12 paper that I had the physical copy of, and imported it into the program. My style has come a long way since then

Old 03-25-2023, 12:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I created for about 2 years at places that are long gone before I posted my first page at Sweet Shoppe. So I know I had way worse ones than this (as honestly, these aren't bad). I don't even remember the names anymore. My first page posted here was actually a 2 pager that I will link followed by a tag album I made (those were all the rage then). They are from the Spring of 2008, but I started in 2006. I had paper scrapped since I was in high school in the late 90s, but I had discovered a Digital Scrapbooking Board on a baby site I was active on, BabyZone. I knew digital scrapbooking was the best way to scrap with a newborn so I started when pregnant with my son.

Old 03-25-2023, 12:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started in early 2004. I'd been adding text to photos to remember what my then 4-month old was doing in each photo, but as he got a bit older and did more I found myself wanting to capture longer stories than I could with a few words of text. My first layout was hybrid, and by the second I was all digital. In the early days I was active at Scrapbook Bytes and used Photo Impact to scrap. There was very little available to buy back then--a few people sold CDs with kits, but we didn't have online stores like we do now. I wasn't ready to invest in one of the CDs yet, so I downloaded a few freebies that community members shared (I think that's where the rivet came from) and made everything else (badly!) in my software. That's why everything took so long--we did a lot more by hand, adding things like ink and distressing ourselves in our software. Some of the first people I remember buying from were Gina Cabrera and Shabby Princess. When online stores started I still had dial up. I used to set up downloads to run overnight, and even though they were tiny by today's standards they took hours and hours. I remember seeing all the ads and teasers for SSD before it opened. I visited on opening day and sometimes after that, but I think it was couple of years later that this became my digital home.

Here's my first digital layout:

I had some of the kits in the layouts above--good memories!

Some early sites I remember:

Scrapbook Bytes
The DigiChick
ScrapGirls
Digital Design Essentials (Gina Cabrera)
Designer Digitals
Scrapbook Graphics
Funky Playground Designs (or something like that)
Elemental Scraps
Shabby Princess

Last edited by rach3975; 03-25-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Digital Scrapbook Place is where I joined first and I got into learning more about PSP9 (that is OLD lol)
I think that's about the version I started with too!! Crazy how it's changed over the years!
Old 03-25-2023, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I started digital scrapbooking in 2006 around the time my youngest was born. Creative Memories had a program, but I didn't like that I couldn't be as creative, so I had Neverland Scraps teach me about digital scrapbooking and didn't look back.

I started out at Gotta Pixel and collecting freebies from DST (as well as RAKs, those were fun to win!) I pretty much followed Wendy for a while, NSBD (I think? National Scrapbook Designs?), Ginger Scraps, quite a few others but I don't fully remember names (one was a Christian scrapbooking site). I wasn't fully involved, just followed a designer I CTed for or something. But when I joined ScrapMatters, I had found my home! I became an SMG (scrap Matters girl) leaving love in the gallery and commenting around the site! I made some great friends (many IRL). I wrote for their newsletter, was on their site CT as well as other individual designers, I worked behind the scenes for a while. It was so sad when it closed!

I found my way to Scrap Orchard following a few designers, but then they closed and I was homeless again. I tried a few other sites before becoming more involved at SSD. I remain slightly active at a couple other sites, but this one is my main place to hang out.
It's so awesome the friendships that have been made through digital scrapping! I've met a few scrapping friends IRL as well! Just another reason to love what we do!
Old 03-25-2023, 09:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I got my start in 2010 I think with Stuff to Scrap. I was using some of Stampin' Ups digi scrapping stuff. I joined a designer challenge there and quickly was designing my own stuff and selling at STS. When they closed I moved over to Scraps N Pieces and when they closed I went to Gingerscraps. I also did some CT work and took designer classes from Chelle at Scrap Orchard. I took a break in 2016 from it all. I picked it back up in 2019 and in 2020 found my way to Sweet Shoppe

This is a page I did back in 2011 I think...
I remember Chelle at Scrap Orchard! Seems like a lifetime ago!! Glad you've jumped back in after your little hiatus!!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
I started way back in 2005-6 sometime at Digital Scrapbook Place too. I don't have any of my real old layouts unfortunately due to hard drive crashes (pre knowing what backing up was!) but I 100% can say with certainty that my style has very much evolved and changed.
Oh man! I'm so sorry that things were lost due to the hard drive crash!! I think it's fun to look back and see how we have evolved with our scrapping abilities!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I started scrapping (strictly digital) in November 2008, when I was still living and studying in Liverpool, UK. I remember I first signed up into The Digi Chick and Scrap Orchard. However, I was only active in Scrap Orchard at the time and only found out and signed up into SSD a year later, until SO closed abruptly.
I then tried to find a new home, but nothing sat better than SSD. It made me wish I was active here sooner. So here I am exclusively scrapping SSD goodies (proudly). I don't really venture out to other places. I love the friendly and loving community here and Robin is the sweetest and kindest soul I know!

Here is the first page I've posted here:

My very first page is probably very cringe worthy if I look at it now and I can most likely find it in DST, not that I want to
I haven't wandered far from SSD for a few years now. I was a CT over @ The Lilypad, but their awesome designers' styles have gone a bit artsy, which I have a hard time scrapping.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
My first scrapbook home was at 2 Peas and I was there until they closed in 2014. In the early years, around 2006, I was a paper scrapper and card maker. I was a Stampin Up and Close To My Heart consultant and taught scrapbooking classes at a few local stores and then a few yrs later bought my first DSLR which went hand in hand with scrapping (taking the photos and then scrapping), so tried my hand at digital scrapping with my digi photos, but wasn't very good at it so stepped away from digi. I came back to digi in 2012. Here is my first digi LO.

I mostly hung out at 2 Peas but a bit too at Cherry On The Top, Scrap Matters, Oscraps, Scrapbook Graphics, MScraps and Scrap Orchard.

My first LO here was in 2014.
I forgot about 2 Peas! So cool that you were a paper card maker before digi! I still do both paper crafting and digi, but digi is top on the list!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I started in 2006 hanging out at Scrapbook-bytes. That's where I discovered Fhung of Ztampf and was lucky to be on her team for a while. I also participated at Scrapbook Elements and CTed for Rina Kroes. I was on the Crew at Scrapbookgraphics for five years too. I followed Cindy Schneider here from Peppermint Creative. I've always LOVED her templates.
Hmmm, I will have to check out Fhung of Ztampf, I've never heard of the site!! Cindy's templates are the bomb!!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I stumbled on digiscrapping when I was trying to find supplies to make my daughter's 1st birthday invite in 2009. I knew I could copy the ones I had seen on ebay to purchase! I totally fell into the "download all the freebies" stage of beginner scrapper. One of the first designers I found was shabby miss jenn. Other places I've 'lived' during my tenure have been:

Digishop Talk
Gotta Pixel
Gingerscraps
PickleBerryPop
Scrap Orchard
Sweet Shoppe Designs
The Digi Chick
The Lilypad
Scrapaneers
The Digital Press
Pixels & Co

One of my very first pages (I didn't even save any info for supplies) lol:

I had lurked for a long time here at SSD, but was accepted onto Libby Prichett's CT- so here's my first layout here using her supplies from September 2015!
I stumbled upon digiscrapping when I was looking for supplies online as well. I was shocked at what was available "back then"!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I was a paper scrapper in the 90's / early 2000's when I was going to University. In 2004 I got a 'Digital Image Pro' program for Christmas and that was the start of my digital scrapbooking! I never went back to paper after that.

I remember hanging out at Digital Scrapbook Place to start, and various other places - including Scrap Matters, MScraps, and I was a site CT member for Scrap Orchard for many years before it closed (I was very sad when it closed!). I was a CT member for The Daily Digi too, I've seen a few changes come around this business

I can't remember how/when I started hanging out here at SSD - I've been on a few designers CT's over the years and that's likely how, but I don't remember specifics as it's been awhile - my profile says I joined in 2009.

This is one of my first digital pages that I can remember - I literally scanned a 12x12 paper that I had the physical copy of, and imported it into the program. My style has come a long way since then
I love that digi scrapping requires ZERO making a mess in my craft area! LOL! I still struggle with the mess when I make cards ... sometimes I DON'T make them because I don't want to put up with the clutter! LOL!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I created for about 2 years at places that are long gone before I posted my first page at Sweet Shoppe. So I know I had way worse ones than this (as honestly, these aren't bad). I don't even remember the names anymore. My first page posted here was actually a 2 pager that I will link followed by a tag album I made (those were all the rage then). They are from the Spring of 2008, but I started in 2006. I had paper scrapped since I was in high school in the late 90s, but I had discovered a Digital Scrapbooking Board on a baby site I was active on, BabyZone. I knew digital scrapbooking was the best way to scrap with a newborn so I started when pregnant with my son.

I love the hybrid project you created!!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I started in early 2004. I'd been adding text to photos to remember what my then 4-month old was doing in each photo, but as he got a bit older and did more I found myself wanting to capture longer stories than I could with a few words of text. My first layout was hybrid, and by the second I was all digital. In the early days I was active at Scrapbook Bytes and used Photo Impact to scrap. There was very little available to buy back then--a few people sold CDs with kits, but we didn't have online stores like we do now. I wasn't ready to invest in one of the CDs yet, so I downloaded a few freebies that community members shared (I think that's where the rivet came from) and made everything else (badly!) in my software. That's why everything took so long--we did a lot more by hand, adding things like ink and distressing ourselves in our software. Some of the first people I remember buying from were Gina Cabrera and Shabby Princess. When online stores started I still had dial up. I used to set up downloads to run overnight, and even though they were tiny by today's standards they took hours and hours. I remember seeing all the ads and teasers for SSD before it opened. I visited on opening day and sometimes after that, but I think it was couple of years later that this became my digital home.

Here's my first digital layout:

I had some of the kits in the layouts above--good memories!

Some early sites I remember:

Scrapbook Bytes
The DigiChick
ScrapGirls
Digital Design Essentials (Gina Cabrera)
Designer Digitals
Scrapbook Graphics
Funky Playground Designs (or something like that)
Elemental Scraps
Shabby Princess
Wow, what dedication to stick with it through the dial up (aka SLOW) internet times!! I bet that seems like a lifetime ago!
Old 03-25-2023, 11:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2007 and SSD was the very first store gallery I uploaded to. Over the years, I've been part of various designer and store CTs. I could be missing some, but these come to mind:
  • Shabby Pickle Designs (many of the designers are still active at different stores)
  • After 5 Designs
  • 9th & Bloom
  • Mscraps
Old 03-28-2023, 01:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

First, THANK YOU for this trip down memory lane!!! I have very much enjoyed looking at my pages from way back then!!!

I started as a paper scrapper in 1998... but it involved having the card table out and usually taking over the kitchen table... so life with 4 kids, that did not happen often enough. Then in 2008ish I started making Shutterfly photo books , and looking thru their gallery... (anyone else remember that old shutterfly share gallery?) Some of those books were my first intro to digital scrapbooking and photoshop. For Mothers day 2009 my hubby got me PSE (don't even remember what version). I tried n tried to make a page but could not figure it out. In October/November we went to Disney, with my new DSLR camera..... so I had tons of new pics to scrap....One November day(veterans day, cause I was off from work ) I sat down and made my first two pages. Lots of trials n errors, and for the life of me I could not figure out templates....... so using all freebies I made our first digital Disney scrapbook. It took me 6 months to make that first page.... but I was hooked. No more mess, just hit save and go back later...

[IMG]way back 1 by Stacy Camillo, on Flickr[/IMG]

By the end of the book I still could not figure out templates....lol.... but at least my pages looked a bit better. ....

[IMG]way back sample by Stacy Camillo, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]way back LOs by Stacy Camillo, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then in 2011 I found Stuff To Scrap and then hopped over to Scraps N Pieces, where I also did a little designing. And finally learned how to use a template and drop shadows.

[IMG]way back 2 by Stacy Camillo, on Flickr[/IMG]

As far as galleries I joined, it wasn't too many S2S, SnP, GingerScraps, Scrap Orchard.. there were a few others but I can't remember exactly what they were.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-31-2023, 11:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think my 23-year-old daughter was almost 5 when I discovered digital scrapbooking. I had done some paper scrapping previously with creative memories but found it soooo limiting to my artistic nature. I already knew photoshop & illustrator so transitioning to it was a natural for me. It didn't take me long to start designing but I think it really took me quite a few years to solidly find my style. Through my years I sold at:
Scrapbook Elements
Plain Digital Wrapper
Funky Playground (they closed)
ScrapMatters (they closed)
a very short jaunt at Mscraps
9th & Bloom (they closed)
Oscraps
and when my sister died i simply settled in at Gingerscraps simply not pushing myself and even turning down a great offer from a really good store at the time - I just didn't have it in me.
Almost all the ladies who ran these stores were great people!
Finally, feeling emotionally stronger and with my daughter away at college, I came over to Sweet Shoppe Design and I love it here as a designer being surrounded by other wonderful and inspiring designers - wanting to constantly improve and sometimes try new things - and again, another amazing woman running a store.
So an early layout...

An early digital layout...

A layout I posted today:
Old 04-04-2023, 10:58 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's stories, and I like how we all kind of got into around the same time. I like even more that we are all still here doing our digital scrapbooking thing. :-)

I also frequented DigiShopTalk. And a lot of the other stores/forums mentioned. But my introverted self keeps me in the background, and lurking.

But i started around 2008. Didn't really fill a page, or use a lot of elements. I migrated over here around 2009. Hung out in the background for years. (as you can see by my forum count. lol)

Here is my first layout I posted here:

and a recent one with the same kind of photos/theme. SO much more elements used. lol. And templates!

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 04-04-2023, 03:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Wow this was fun to read and see all those old/new layouts

I started digital scrapping in 2009/2010 But didn't posted in galleries yet then. I lost all my layouts from before 2011, But my style has changed a lot. because I started scrapping in scenes, I loved to extract my kids and create a whole new world around them. But in 2011 my style also slowly transformed into traditional scrapping and then mostly with templates. And now I never make scenes anymore, this was mostly fun when the kids were all 3 very tiny lol but not anymore

I have been at several store CT's after 2011/2012
After5 Designs
9th & Bloom
The Lilypad

Here is a scene I created with a photo o my son

Here one of my very first traditional scrapped layouts

Ugh these are made ages ago hahaha (most of you know what my style is now)