Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Shopping help - NSBR - iPad mini cases

Okay ladies... this isn't scrapping related but I know many of you can help me!

What are the best iPad mini cases? We are getting them for the kids for Christmas and I don't have a lot of experience with different cases. At work we use Trident cases on the student iPads at my building (2nd and 3rd grade) and the iGuy cases at the pre-k through 1st grade building. My kids are 9 and 12, 3rd and 7th grade. I want something a little more grown up than the iGuy. I don't love the Trident cases either but they do protect well. Advice?

My iPad (work issued) has a Targus case on it and when it was dropped the edge of the glass shattered and cracked across the screen. I don't want that to happen to theirs (it was my son who dropped mine). My husband just picked out an Air Shield case by Belkin for his iPad3. I'm not sure that is right for theirs either.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:03 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I love my Otterbox Defender case. It makes my iPad mini a bit bulky, but I don't worry about its safety at all, and it can still fit in my purse. Plus the hard cover part works as a stand.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like the size of the Otterbox cases (or the price!). That is the drawback for me on those. I also don't like ANY cases that have the plastic screen over the glass. I'd rather have a screen protector professionally installed and skip that plastic mess. The ones at school have that and I hate it. I would love to find something protective and slim.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

For my own iPad mini, I just have the regular Apple smart cover. But, for the kids', we recently bought the Lifeproof Nüüd. We have really liked it. It offers a lot of protection from all the wear and tear that the kids put it through.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifeproof-nuud...nuud+ipad+mini

Old 12-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll check that out. Still trying to decide. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime so I can spend a little more time figuring it out.