Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Happy Birthday, SSD!

I soooo remember when SSD opened. I remember the chatter and rumors of the store going around digiland before the official opening. I remember thinking that they chose such a fun name for a February opening because February reminds me of sweetness. What IS hard for me to fathom is that it has been 14 years. Like, what??

Had I not retired from designing, I would be celebrating 14 years myself this year. My youngest is 14 and I started when he was a few months old. My how time does fly! Not even kidding!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Shoppe! Making it 14 years as a shop in this business is quite an accomplishment!
Old 02-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't remember the start of SSD because I had my nose stuck in another store that I never paid attention to the digi-world around me! I can't remember why I joined this site all those years ago, maybe for an event like this and for free product? I can't remember for the life of me because it seems SO LONG AGO! I know when Robin did the brand makeover to this pink and not quite black is when I started noticing SSD because it stood out above the rest of the stores! But it wasn't until a few years ago that I finally jumped in and made SSD my home after floundering around from closed down store to closed down store!

I'm really glad SSD is still around and what I consider a backbone to this hobby we all love so much!! Happy birthday SSD, to the designers in the past, present and the future of this amazing community! Here's to many more years of memory keeping!

On a side note, Sherri I just did a search on you and I think I found you back at Elemental Scraps! Man I applied for their site ct and was so crushed when they didn't accept me. I had no idea why. Looking back I know why! But you were an amazing designer back then. Melissa B was with you at the same time, right?
Old 02-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

On a side note, Sherri I just did a search on you and I think I found you back at Elemental Scraps! Man I applied for their site ct and was so crushed when they didn't accept me. I had no idea why. Looking back I know why! But you were an amazing designer back then. Melissa B was with you at the same time, right?
ES was one of the stores I was at. I was there longer than any others. I loved that place. There was a fair bit of drama there, but I still called it home. Yes, Mel was there too! My brain is mush sometimes, but I'm pretty sure Jenn Barrette was there with us for a while as well. There are other designers here that I worked with over the years. Anyone remember Sunshine Studios?

I miss designing and I often think I might dive back in. I have this notebook of kit ideas that I keep. The time suck that I found designing to be deters me though. Okay, the time suck that I found looking for design inspiration. I could sit for 5 hours choosing a color scheme for a kit. I don't have that kind of time now so I would have to be way more disciplined and not chase rabbits down holes.

Anyway, I'm SO glad that so many of my old designer friends are still doing their thing! They create such great products that I don't have to go far to find something to work for what I want to scrap!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd been hanging out at Two Peas & Digi Shop Talk, but it wasn't until the forums opened here that I finally felt like I'd found my home. : )
Old 02-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
ES was one of the stores I was at. I was there longer than any others. I loved that place. There was a fair bit of drama there, but I still called it home. Yes, Mel was there too! My brain is mush sometimes, but I'm pretty sure Jenn Barrette was there with us for a while as well. There are other designers here that I worked with over the years. Anyone remember Sunshine Studios?

I miss designing and I often think I might dive back in. I have this notebook of kit ideas that I keep. The time suck that I found designing to be deters me though. Okay, the time suck that I found looking for design inspiration. I could sit for 5 hours choosing a color scheme for a kit. I don't have that kind of time now so I would have to be way more disciplined and not chase rabbits down holes.

Anyway, I'm SO glad that so many of my old designer friends are still doing their thing! They create such great products that I don't have to go far to find something to work for what I want to scrap!
I do remember Sunshine Studios!!! All the "cool" designers are sunshine girls, including Flergs!! Amazing talent there at the time of digi!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Every year when SSD celebrates its birthday and we talk about the early days of SSD and digiscrapping, it's such a walk down memory lane! My digi home was Scrapbook Bytes for a long time then Digi Shop Talk. After that I bounced around to a few places, including Elemental Scraps. Even though I was here on opening day (had to check it out after all the buzz and speculation!), I didn't make it my digi home until later. I think it may have been around 2008, but it could have been later.