Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up in the land of the Mac

I have joined the ranks of Mac owners and I'm already in love! However, I don't know how to really use it. I've got one-to-one and will be using that for sure, but what tips can you give me? What browser is best Safari or Firefox? And how do you get a new tab in Safari without clicking a link? Oh and I want my little fave toolbar i had in my old FF back. You know the one with the favicons? Can I get that for Safari?

I'm telling you right now that any and all help (from browsers to iphoto to just anything) is muchly and greatly appreciated!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

command+t

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used Firefox on my Mac because many of the toolbars I can't live without are FF only.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to the best land in all the world ... Mac Land. It is beautiful here!

I'm new here, too, so I probably won't be much help. I use Safari. To open a new tab, just click on the little icon that looks like the bottom part of a sauce pan with the + in it. (or Command T) If you want to open a completely new window (not a new tab) just do command N - or go under File>New Window.

If you want to add a favorite, just click on the + right to the left of the website address. Your favorites will start lining up on the top of your browser window. You can also click on the ">>" on the righthand side of your browser window and that will open up a drop down window of your favorites.

Did you get a MacBook or an iMac?

ENJOY IT!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats! Macland is awesome isn't it?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use FF as my browser. Only because there are still some sites out there that you can't view correctly in Safari.

Once I realized (and understood) that iPhoto is database it was much easier to work with it. Once or twice a month I export my photos (to backup) but until they are exported you will have to browse photos (those that are imported) in iPhoto. Does that make sense? It mainly applies to photos that I get off my camera. I have not started importing my digi stuff yet.

I use Jing to take and upload screenshots. It works for me because it uploads and gives a share link automatically.

Stuffit Expander is great for unzipping to a location.

Set up Time Machine. It is awesome.

To add fonts all you need to do is open FontBook (in applications) and choose add fonts. You don't even have to shut down PS to load a new font.

You can set up spaces in system pref if you want each application (or groups of applications) to have its own desktop.