Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Xbox Kinect family games?

Do any of you have the Xbox 360 and the Kinect? Ever since the release of Walmart's Black Friday ad, I was set on getting DH the Xbox Kinect bundle for Christmas (crazy deal: Xbox, Kinect, standard game, and a $50 Walmart gift card for $199). I got home from our in-law's house at 9pm last night, started getting the kids ready for bed, and decided to browse the BF ad one more time... then I freaked out because this whole time I thought the deal started at midnight, but apparently it was supposed to start at 10pm. My SIL and BIL drove over, picked me up, and we braved the insanity at Walmart. When we go to the Xbox line, it wound through 2 different freezer aisles and the employees at the front of the line told us that The Xbox would be sold out before everyone in line got one, so we went and hung out in the baby section and pouted over how we possibly could have had the wrong time for like a week or more. lol I was soooo bummed! The employee at the front of the line even told us that some people got in line for the Xbox at 3pm. Oh my word. Who does that?! lol

Anyways, we just stood there and observed the MADNESS because it was pretty entertaining... and because it was impossible to leave the store anyway (the Xbox bundle was all we really came for). I was getting angry over people passing us with 4 Xboxes in their carts and thinking how unfair that was... THEN my SIL, around 10:10, comes screaming and jumping, and I see an Xbox in her arms. She screams at me to go get in the line so I seriously RAN back and I got one of the last 4 or 5 Xbox bundles. It was a Christmas miracle. Seriously. We jumped up and down and were screaming and just in shock. Apparently people near the back of the line gave up because they thought it was hopeless and left the line. I am still in disbelief that we got there a half hour before the sale started and both ended up with this Xbox. lol

SOOOOOOOO... I know hubby wants Fable 2, but was hoping to pick up a game we could play as a family. My DD is 4 and I know she could have a lot of fun with the Kinect, if there was some sort of game that she could try (I don't expect her to REALLY play, just try and enjoy it). I'm CLUELESS as to what child-friendly games are out there.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've heard good things about the new Disneyland game. I want the system just to play that game.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YAY!! THat is awesome! We wanted one too & got there at 9 last night. Yeah, our store had 10. We didn't get one! But, amazon had it for $199 (no gift card though), so I just grabbed one from there! SO excited!!!! I'll be looking for games too now!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think the Disneyland one looks really cool too and have been contimplating getting a Kinect for months just for that game.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
YAY!! THat is awesome! We wanted one too & got there at 9 last night. Yeah, our store had 10. We didn't get one! But, amazon had it for $199 (no gift card though), so I just grabbed one from there! SO excited!!!! I'll be looking for games too now!
Wow! Only 10? Ours had 110.

Alright, looking into the Dinseyland game... why is it $50!!!?? Hoping to find a deal on it!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

we got a kinect with a couple games for $99 today at Target (already have xbox)

can't wait to use it!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are going to get the Disneyland one and then have the kinectanimals (sp?) that my youngest absolutely loves. I have to admit I did sign up for Gamefly because we have a Wii and xbox and I would find that the girls would ask for a game and then get bored after a short while or didn't like it like they thought. The Gamefly subscription gave them an opportunity to try lots of different games and decide which ones they really just had to have.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I second gamefly to try the games out. I've also found great deals on used kinect games at game stop. My little girl loves Kinectimals and the whole family can play kinect sports and now kinect sports 2. The kids like Dance central too. We have one called Adventures that came with our bundle last Xmas, but I think my son is the only one who has played. Doesn't it feel great to snag a deal though?

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I TOTALLY forgot about Gamefly! I think instead of buying any other games, we'll try that and test out a few games before buying them. Plus I can get 900 swagbucks if I sign up through swagbucks.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

We're getting Luke Just Dance 3... he LOVES to dance (you should see his moves! LOL), so we thought it'd be a fun family game.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We love Kinect Sports - makes for a great workout too (my kids are 5 and 10).
Old 11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

We have the Disneyland Game and the kids LOVE it! If you have ever been to disneyland the set up of the game is just like being there. You walk into mainstreet see mickey and all the characters and they send you on missions for them to collect autographs and what not around the park. It's super fun and has fun side games for the "rides" that the kids love!

We also have Dance Central 2 which is pretty awesome and the new sports game. Seriously though I am biased as my husband works on kinect and we had the thing WAY before it even hit the stores. Oh yeah and the new Kinectimals is pretty awesome too the little kids REALLY like that one.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
Wow! Only 10? Ours had 110.
I know, right?! I thought it was ridiculous! Oh well! I'm still happy with the deal we got!