Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Can I pick your brains? (re: photoshop)

Okay. So I tried downloading a trial of CS4 yesterday to help a friend test some actions (I use CS3 now) and I cannot get CS4 to install on my laptop. I get about halfway through the installation and get an error message (turns out it has something to do with a problem with color profiles). Am I having this problem because it's a laptop? Could it be because the video card isn't that great on the laptop? I installed it with no problem on our desktop so I'm confused. Hubby suggested I upgrade to CS5 when it's released. Can you believe it? He saw the Content Aware video and asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I'm guessing if I can't run CS4 on my laptop, I won't be able to run CS5 on there either...any thoughts? Hoping this all makes sense....I'm rambling, lol
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would start by checking the minimum requirements for CS4 just to make sure you're not missing something there. Then I would double-check that the OS you're using is supported for CS4. I wouldn't necessarily assume if you can't install CS4 you won't be able to use CS5, only because sometimes if it's a software-OS issue, they'll fix it in the newest upgrade but not for past versions.

You said you were getting an error message? What does it say?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much for answering Lynnette!! I use Windows Vista. When I look at the sys requirements for CS4 these are the two things that I'm really not sure about...I know I meet all of the other minimum requirements...

# 1,280x900 display with 32-bit video card and 16MB of VRAM
# Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

I have no idea how to tell what kind of video card I have or if I have 16mb of vram

Also it just stops installing and says there was an error installing...it then takes me to some troubleshooting thing on Adobe's site...this is the error message that comes up:

"UninstallColorProfilesRollback" error in Creative Suite 4
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh I wish I could help. That is beyond my comfort zone for sure. I want CS5 really badly. I hope the upgrade is affordable.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbysMommy View Post
Thanks so much for answering Lynnette!! I use Windows Vista. When I look at the sys requirements for CS4 these are the two things that I'm really not sure about...I know I meet all of the other minimum requirements...

# 1,280x900 display with 32-bit video card and 16MB of VRAM
# Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

I have no idea how to tell what kind of video card I have or if I have 16mb of vram

Also it just stops installing and says there was an error installing...it then takes me to some troubleshooting thing on Adobe's site...this is the error message that comes up:

"UninstallColorProfilesRollback" error in Creative Suite 4
Where did you find those system requirements? Because those aren't what are listed on Adobe's site. These are the requirements: http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...?promoid=DRHXH

As far as the error message, did you attempt Adobe's solution? http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403891.html
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got the requirements that are listed on Adobe's site, but then I searched again and found those in another spot on Adobe's site (or blog or something....I closed down my browser before I bookmarked....grrr!!)....

I did try this fix up to a certain point....this was where I got a little lost

11. Attempt the Adobe Creative Suite 4 again.
12. Maximize the System Color Profile folder, select all and drag the files to \Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color.
13. When prompted to over-write the file select No. This will restore all non-Adobe profiles.

Do I let the reinstall (#11) go all the way through before I try #12 or do I launch the install and do #12 while it's running. I feel really silly for seeming really dense about all this...