Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Teacher appreciation gifts

What are you giving to your kids' teachers at the end of the year? I've pinned some fun ideas, but I'm not sure I've found the perfect gift yet!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just found this today, and love it. I think I'll do this for our next teacher gift. Put it in a frame with big bow and a gift card or something. Image is linked.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh boy - I'll have to think of this too since I am student rep for my class. Don't really want to go down the cards and chocolates route but if I have to I will (but will use flowers or something for one as she doesn't like sweets - she keeps any she gets and gives them back to us)

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In December I scrap or bake something to give with a small gift card. At the end of the year I do a gift card as the main gift for teachers. I'll scrap a card, buy or make a few little things to go with the gift card (things like a pen and notebook with a hybrid cover), and put it all in a small metal bucket (the kind from Target's $1 section). School therapists I'll bake for. I think Amazon lets you use your own picture on a gift card. If they do it for physical cards instead of just e-cards, I may scrap the gift cards.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

That's a great quote Jacinda... TFS! I am making a scrapbook for my son's 5th grade teacher, since it's her first year of teaching. I think I will have to use that quote somewhere in it....

Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

We had Teacher Appreciation week last week for the elementary school. I gave his teacher and principal each a set of movie passes that I got from Costco. I put them in a cute "popcorn box" and put some candy in it too. It was so cute... and yet I forgot to take a pic of them.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

We'll just have to take your word for it then, Julie.... lol. It does sound like a cute idea!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda! I pinned that last night too! hehe

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Well we just had teacher appreciation week, you can find all my stuff on Penny's blog.

For end of the year for J's teacher.. we're making a book... the kids are drawing pictures of what they think their teacher does during the summer and the parents are sending in $5 gift cards relating to the drawing and then I'll put them in a book for her.

I don't know what we are going to do for Abby's teacher yet but it has to be completely awesome since she has just been incredible for her this year.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We celebrated teacher appreciation week last week too. On Monday the kids took their teachers a lip balm with the school mascot. I used Zoe's School Days kit and took the little report card from it. I made the report card out so that the kid was evaluating the teacher. I put stuff like 'caring A+ challenging me A+' and then I put in red at the bottom, kind of written over it all, 'Teacher, I think you're the BALM'. On Tuesday they took in a SKOR candy bar with a note (also made from Zoe's kit) for it. It said perfect score with the kit word art and then said "I really SKORed when I got you for a teacher". Wednesday was a tin of mints with the school mascot on them and a note saying "You were mint to be my teacher". Thursday they took bottles of A&W rootbeer with a little tag on them saying 'You are an AWesome teacher, take 5 for yourself' and the tags had a fun sized Take 5 bar taped to them. Super cute. On Friday everyone got two candy bards wrapped up together with a note saying "I think you're worth 100 Grand on Pay Day" The candy bars were obviously 100 Grand and Pay Day I put together a big bag of stuff for each teacher for Friday too (well, for Monday in the case of my littlest, his teacher was away on Friday so he took hers today). I made each teacher a mug through Shutterfly with a picture of the whole class on it. They said something to the effect of thank you from your 2011-2012 students. I gave each teacher a calendar that starts in August and runs through the whole school year. I made those through Shutterfly too earlier in the year when I had free calendar codes. I made each a desk organizer and a personalized notepad too. I threw in some school supplies to get them started for next year too. It was a lot of fun.