Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-28-2019, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life Goals: Summer 2019

Will you have time this Summer to work on Project Life or tackle a BIG scrap project?
Are you setting a goal(s) for yourself?
Old 05-28-2019, 09:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would LOVE to complete a PL year (any year!) and get it printed. That is my goal for this summer!
Old 05-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my main goal is simply to stay current! i would love to add in some additional spreads of any vacations/trips/big activities we do... so we'll see. I still have 2 more bonus spreads i'd like to get done from our spring break vacation that i haven't had time to work in yet. so would like to get those done too.

i'm still conflicted on how i want to ultimately print... either book or single pages. i prefer the idea of a bound book... but i have huge fears that i could be disappointed with overall picture quality/consistency throughout. BUT if i print single pages, i can easily make adjustments and simply reprint any page(s) i'm unhappy with.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
my main goal is simply to stay current! i would love to add in some additional spreads of any vacations/trips/big activities we do... so we'll see. I still have 2 more bonus spreads i'd like to get done from our spring break vacation that i haven't had time to work in yet. so would like to get those done too.

i'm still conflicted on how i want to ultimately print... either book or single pages. i prefer the idea of a bound book... but i have huge fears that i could be disappointed with overall picture quality/consistency throughout. BUT if i print single pages, i can easily make adjustments and simply reprint any page(s) i'm unhappy with.
moving forward I am printing bound books either thru Shutterfly or Blurb.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Same with Loni, I'm trying my best to be current too. For this year I am only two weeks behind, because I'm still waiting for some photos. And while I am waiting, I'm trying to finish my 2018, we've had a couple of road trips from last year that I have some weeks with 6 pages. I'm trying my best to minimize any additional pages to 2.

For this summer, I wanted to tackle that 2018 project life so I could print it too.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:36 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, I need to catch up on a million weeks I've skipped this year! And I'd love to get a year of "the past" done. Maybe 2014 (my daughter's 1st year) I've been sorting photos to use in a baby book for her vs. more "everyday" photos to do in a "PL" style.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Well, I need to catch up on a million weeks I've skipped this year! And I'd love to get a year of "the past" done. Maybe 2014 (my daughter's 1st year) I've been sorting photos to use in a baby book for her vs. more "everyday" photos to do in a "PL" style.
DD1 and I (the time of printed photos) just stuck a ton of printed baby photos into an album. Not exactly a scrapbook but it felt great to do the process with DD and get the prints out of a box!
Old 05-29-2019, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I also want to stay current with my PL pages--and also finish up my non-PL pages from 2018 so I can get those ready to print. I've been slowly working through 2009 and 2010 as well, trying to get them in order and ready to print someday, but I don't feel any urgency there.

Krista--it does feel SO good to get prints out of boxes and onto pages where people can see them! Sometimes, done is better than perfect!

Old 05-29-2019, 10:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
DD1 and I (the time of printed photos) just stuck a ton of printed baby photos into an album. Not exactly a scrapbook but it felt great to do the process with DD and get the prints out of a box!
Digital version of that is basically what I think I'll do! Probably not lots of fancy stuff, just need to get them out of the (computer) box!
Old 05-29-2019, 01:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post

Sometimes, done is better than perfect!
AMEN to that! I am all about that!
Old 06-03-2019, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am setting myself up to get lots of weeks in my PL 2017 album when we go to my Mom's Cabin at the end of this week! Journaling and Photos inserted in 13 weeks so far.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This year we're going back to France for a beach vacation so I have to make an album of that (I usually do a pocket style 2 page spread for each day).
I would love to catch up on my PL album, most weeks are up to date but lack journaling and some ellies.
And I need to scrap last years Legoland adventure.
Luckily we have two small kids that need to be in bed early and my husband and I enjoy sitting on the balcony chatting the night away while he plays a football game on his computer and I scrap.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get any PL pages done at the Cabin but just cranked out 4 weeks!! Woot Woot!

Old 06-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Love those pages, Krista! I have summers off, but the last few years I've tackled big house projects and not gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping that this summer my plans for a few small house projects and more scrapping will pan out. I finished PL for 2013-2017, but sometime after that I derailed. My first scrapping project this summer is to do a Disney album from our November trip. I'm about 1/4 of the way through it right now. After that I need to make some decisions about PL. I've gotten about 15 weeks of 2018 done, but I'm not motivated to work on it.

One way or another I need to finish 2018 before school starts again, whether that means catching up on PL or abandoning it in favor of a new approach. I think a lot of the problem is the photos I have to work with. As my kids get older, they're even more reluctant to be photographed plus they do a lot more without me so there's no opportunity to take pictures. I'm struggling because I still have things I want to document each week, but the photos I have aren't cute and fun to scrap like they used to be. I'm still fine with traditional pages, but that leaves lots of info and the mediocre photos without a layout to call home if I stop PL. Gah! I've talked myself into and out of it so many times. I've already tried the super minimalist route, but I can't do it. I must pile elements on!

Last edited by rach3975; 06-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
. I finished PL for 2013-2017
That is so great! WTG!!
Old 06-17-2019, 08:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I've already tried the super minimalist route, but I can't do it. I must pile elements on!
I tried this too but didn't work for me either. SSD Kits are full of way too many great elements I must use!!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I tried this too but didn't work for me either. SSD Kits are full of way too many great elements I must use!!
SAME. I love the simple, minimalist look but I just CAN'T DO IT! Your pages look awesome, Krista, and Rachel--even 15 weeks of 2018 is an accomplishment. I understand about having trouble with photos of older kids and not having photos of all their activities. Maybe do more journaling and use cards to fill in pockets? I know when I feel discouraged about what photos I've been getting, I give myself a challenge to take more photos each day, using my big camera, and finding ways to capture our life.
Anyway, I hope you can figure out a system that works for you and makes you happy to scrap.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That is so great! WTG!!
Thanks! But at this point it's been more than 6 months since I finished 2017 and 2-3 months since I did anything on our 2018 album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I understand about having trouble with photos of older kids and not having photos of all their activities. Maybe do more journaling and use cards to fill in pockets? I know when I feel discouraged about what photos I've been getting, I give myself a challenge to take more photos each day, using my big camera, and finding ways to capture our life.
When the kids were younger, I took tons of photos and they were cute and fun to scrap and I always had a story about the photos. I think part of my issue with 2018 was that I needed to re-train myself to take fewer pictures and journal less but have it matter more (special occasions, accomplishments, etc). I was taking photos just to take them and recording who did what each week, but it wasn't very interesting. (I was respecting my kids' wishes to take fewer photos of them, not take photos when they were with their friends, etc.) I'm doing a better job being intentional with my photos and journaling in 2019, but 2018 was a mess!

Last edited by rach3975; 06-17-2019 at 02:08 PM.