Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default i. hate. winter.

i hate driving in it mostly. this morning i got the kids ready to go to Old Navy. the roads were horrible!! the main road was nothing but black ice. i was going 30-35 mph. the speed limit varies from 45 to 55. i could feel my car sliding a little. then when i stopped at a red light and then hit the gas to go, even very lightly i sat there and spun. at one light i wasn't sure if i was going to make it, lol. i drive an '07 ford escape. its not 4wd. its front wheel drive. i saw little cars doing better than i was! and boy do i envy any other SUV driver with 4wd. i was so nervous i was shaking. i almost turned around, but the promise of getting jeans for $12.99 was too tempting, lol. i was planning on heading to Kohls too, but i kinda just wanted to get home. however, when i came out the roads were much better. the highway department was finally out putting salt on the roads. what took them so long is beyond me!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

luckily we don't get the ice here in colorado. but i hear ya...grew up in missouri, they have enough ice there to refill the arctic. ice is the WORST! i'm surprised your front wheel drive didn't do better though. my van is FWD and does ok. maybe because it's heavier. anywho...sorry chica!! that's sucks! HUGS!!

oh. did you get your jeans?
Old 12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

eek..pretty sure I woulda paid $7 to have my 13 dollar jeans shipped lol I live in GA though..we like close down when it ices lol

Glad you are home safely

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I. hate. winter. too. grr

Old 12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
luckily we don't get the ice here in colorado. but i hear ya...grew up in missouri, they have enough ice there to refill the arctic. ice is the WORST! i'm surprised your front wheel drive didn't do better though. my van is FWD and does ok. maybe because it's heavier. anywho...sorry chica!! that's sucks! HUGS!!

oh. did you get your jeans?
it does okay on snow. ice is just not my friend, lol. it did okay at a low speed. and i allowed myself extra time to stop and hit the brake slowly and it did okay. but when i took off is when it would spin.

yes, i got a pair of jeans. but they are not skinny jeans. i just don't care for the way they fit. so i got these they look cuter on me than that model,lol. i got this shirt, cause i love henleys and can't have enought. in fact, i wish i would have bought more, lol. it was $10. and this shirt but in white. it was only $4.99. and two of these, one in a sage color and one in navy blue. they didnt have a lot left to pick from. i think i'm happy, but i wish money grew on trees so i could have replaced my entire wardrobe, lol. but i spent about $43 on all this i think. not too bad. it just seemed like everything i liked was also liked by everyone else before me and there wasn't alot of my sizes and colors left. oh well.

Last edited by junebug; 12-06-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Ah man...I'm glad you guys made it to and from safely!! When I lived in Iowa for four years that totally ruined Winter and snow for me...I loved snow before those four years of Wintery hell...lol Shoveling, driving in it, ugly grey mountains of snow on the sides of the road...bah...yuck...phooey!
Old 12-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
eek..pretty sure I woulda paid $7 to have my 13 dollar jeans shipped lol I live in GA though..we like close down when it ices lol

Glad you are home safely
i used to live in Hinesville GA. i remember that, if and when it iced up nothing was open, lol. i miss GA. i'd move back in a heartbeat!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We were going to go to that mall today, but I told DH that I didn't want to get the kids out in it. From your experience, I'm glad we didn't go. I too, wanted some new jeans, but got a couple of pairs there last Friday.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's not bad at all here, Corey, but I think y'all got an inch or two more than us. Aside from the apt complex roads, everything else was shoveled and ice/snow free by the time Jeff & I got out there at noon.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
It's not bad at all here, Corey, but I think y'all got an inch or two more than us. Aside from the apt complex roads, everything else was shoveled and ice/snow free by the time Jeff & I got out there at noon.
it was much better when i came out of Old Navy. US 31 was no longer covered in ice; there were trucks out putting salt down. on the way there i didnt see any so i guess they got a late start. it snowed again later on today, and my car looked like rain was on it so it was a very wet snow/sleet. they better keep the salt on the road or we'll have a big pile up on 31, lol. i've already heard sirens twice today.