Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default December Daily

I've been debating whether I should do a 'pocket' December Daily. Any good ideas??

Would love to see examples of how you've done December Dailys pocket or otherwise ...For me they would fit into my son's 'yearly' album.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i did album of the 2 weeks holiday last year. in dec.
with Christmas and new years eve, but also daily things as a walk around the town ect.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Here's my pinterest board of last year's December Daily project that I did: http://www.pinterest.com/nietis/december-daily-2013/
I did it 100% digital and then I printed them at the photo printing shop, punched them and put a couple binder rings on.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the December Daily (although some years I don't always get every day complete). I do mine all digital and I have found it much easier to set it up ahead of time and to just drop in my photos and journaling. Some years I focus on the adventures of our elf, one year I tried to include favorite family recipes.

I do a very simple scrapbook design. That's just my style. I would think you could still make up your pages ahead of time with much more design. Here are a couple of examples of what I've done over the years.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE (LOOOOOVE, love) the idea of December Daily. However, I'm terrible at daily things, so last year I did a December Faves album in pocket style. (I am about half done with it, progress has stalled over the past almost year! hahah!) I am in serious love with it. I don't know if I'd do an album like that in any way other than pocket style. I did mine hybrid, and I loved the faves thing (I used Lynnette's faves album templates) because I didn't have to try to document each day (the days I work are just....work, we don't really do anything but get up, go to work/daycare/school, and go home to sleep) but I got to document my favorite parts of the holidays and my plan is to add miscellaneous extra photos and stories to the back of the album behind the faves pages.

Here are some of the pages from my faves album:

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Aww I love seeing all the faves albums!

I've done DD in the past but for the last few years I've done Holiday Faves which is more of a top ten format rather than a daily thing, which for me was much more doable. I'd planned to do a pocket style album last year but with being pregnant, I just didn't have the energy at the time to get it done. Not sure what I'm going to do this year but since it'll be Ryan's first Christmas, I definitely want to do something.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wonderful albums ladies! Giving me some fun ideas! Thanks!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to do a holiday faves this year - thanks for the idea!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I tried last year, but it was such pressure having something planned every day. It was exhausting really. This year it'll be part of my PL album and just what I feel like when I feel like it.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I go all out for December Daily. I call it Countdown to Christmas, actually, because I run it from the day after Thanksgiving - Christmas Day, but it's the same thing. I also ONLY do Christmas-themed pages. I generally don't do any other pages during December, but if some major non-Christmaselated thing were to happen, I would do a traditional page abt it and tack it onto the end of my chronological album for the year. I don't do any Project Life, either.

I don't have any examples of my pages handy because I generally don't upload them to the galleries (messes up my flow and gets me behind to do so). They are all simple and template-based, though, with 1-3 photos and use a different kit every day with the exception of the same background paper (either white/cream or kraft usually) to give the album some cohesion.

I don't create my pages ahead of time, but I do create a Notepad file with each day in my album listed by date and then place all the events that I know are going to happen on a certain day e.g. family celebration, parties, school concerts, etc. I leave the rest of the dates blank and list a bunch of the things we usually do during the season at the bottom of the file so I can 'fill' in as we go through the month. I make sure to include a handful of journaling/non-photo prompts that I can use in a pinch when we've done nothing interesting that day or plans fell through. I also have no problem putting something on a date when it technically didn't happen, like the day before or after, if two Christmas-y things happen the same day.

Here is my list from 2 years ago:

DECEMBER
S, 01 - decorating tree XX
S, 02 - Agape House service project XX
M, 03 - books XX
T, 04 - E.'s tree XX
W, 05 - weather XX
T, 06 - St. Nicholas Day + activities XX
F, 07 - light display XX
S, 08 - Christmas card XX
S, 09 - Salvation Army bucket XX
M, 10 - gingerbread house XX
T, 11 - Amazon box/orders XX
W, 12 - Spotify playlist (song examples) XX
T, 13 - Nativity X
F, 14 - FMA GC XX
S, 15 - Santa XX
S, 16 - GCs from Kroger XX
M, 17 - Photojojo lenses XX
T, 18 - Kiwicrate craft XX
W, 19 - library craft X
T, 20 - work pitch-in/peppermint brownies XX
F, 21 - SNOW XX
S, 22 - funny Christmaselated sayings XX
S, 23 - Circle of Lights on Monument Circle XX
M, 24 - Christmas Eve/jammies
T, 25 - Christmas Day

HTH!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a fabulous list!!! I love the idea of keeping track in a notepad. I use OneNote on the PC and often track my scrapbook pages to make in there too, especially for challenges. I could definitely start getting a list together for Christmas!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I love Lynette's idea about the Faves....takes the pressure off the daily.

BUT......my 3 December Daily albums are pretty special.....my boys LOVE when we get them out when we decorate for Christmas and they get to look through and remember all the December fun!!!

I found what worked best was just to have a standard template for each page......Cindy can probably help with that;-) It keeps the focus on the collecting of memories and using all those fun holiday kits as opposed to "how do I want this to look"!!!!