Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-19-2021, 01:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default 2022 kit ideas

Soooo, if any designers out there are making a list and checking it twice of kit ideas for the new year, I have a couple of requests. I have these chickens, and I'm kind of a crazy chicken lady now and I take a lot of photos of them, because they're gorgeous and I love them. Wouldn't a "Crazy Chicken Lady" kit be fun? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. And it could be part of a hobby farm type kit or a homesteading kit if you didn't want to focus on chickens (but really, why wouldn't you??) ALSO, I have the sweetest bunny who needs pages. This would also work in a hobby farm kit!

A new snarky kit about new year's resolutions/goals.

Weekly recap templates that don't have to follow traditional Project life parameters--they don't have to have pockets or use cards or even be grid-like. Am I totally crazy? I don't want to stop doing my weekly pages, but I am so tired of the way I've been doing it for years and years. Does ANYONE have any new ideas?

Does anyone else have any kit requests or ideas?

Old 12-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need a Starbucks kit... ya know "Starbucks" because I have a serious problem I need to document right now lmao.

I also need a nature photo kit, not camping, or hiking, or foresty... but about a love of taking nature photos.

I don't know if anyone will bite on this one, but I would love a cannabis themed kit. Like medical/every day lifestyle kind of kit not tie dye and munchies.

OOooOOoh and I'd love to see a CT call or seven
Old 12-19-2021, 03:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Second the weekly recaps! I am sooooooooooo behind on weekly pages - like years because I'm on the hunt for a fresh take.

I could use more themed kits on school subjects... biology/dissections, debate, languages (if it included Latin, I would love you forever... ), writing papers, etc

At least one kit on camping that has Class A RV in it... many have trailers or tent camping... but I'm a glamper!
Old 12-19-2021, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm always on the lookout for more Disney kits. More land and ride specific than character themed. Some that come to mind would be for the new Ratatouille ride/French pavilion, more Fantasyland ride kits like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, and Goofy's Barnstormer. Some more Tomorrowland kits would be nice too. I have so many photos on the Buzz Lightyear ride, and Space Mountain. Another Star Wars themed kit with the current rides and lands, light saber and droid building-more specific to the new land at Hollywood Studios.

I find Epcot the hardest park to scrap. It's just so random to me and hard to hone in on a specific theme with Future Word. But I'd love an Epcot kit that focuses on Future World and all that's there and then maybe a separate World Showcase kit.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OOOooh, I second an RV kit, please!
Old 12-19-2021, 10:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Third on the RV kit! We Glamp as well lol

I never really know what kit I want, I just wait and see what the designers put out and it's always exactly what I want - go figure! It's like Costco ... you don't go to Costco with a list, you go to Costco and Costco tells you what you need. Same with the Sweet Shoppe lol

Old 12-20-2021, 12:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Third on the RV kit! We Glamp as well lol

I never really know what kit I want, I just wait and see what the designers put out and it's always exactly what I want - go figure! It's like Costco ... you don't go to Costco with a list, you go to Costco and Costco tells you what you need. Same with the Sweet Shoppe lol
Remind me to stay out of Costco. That sounds dangerous!
Old 12-20-2021, 12:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Remind me to stay out of Costco. That sounds dangerous!
Hahaha - Costco is home to the $100 jug of milk (because of all the other stuff you pick up on your way...)

Old 12-20-2021, 02:03 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

i need:
  • an updated nursery rhyme kit
  • beyblades
  • a manly kit with red and black check - but not all dark colours. I have photos of my son in a red and black check shirt, but cant find a kit to suit that isn't christmas.
  • more kids playing kits that suit boys playdoh, bubbles, trampolines and hopscotch - an actual trampoline graphic isn't required - but wordart etc to suit would be great.
  • more boys kits - KCB and Flergs I hope you are you reading this

my other wish was for a christmas lights kit, but KCB already rocked that
Old 12-20-2021, 06:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Life is messy
Kit for us singles out there when it comes to holidays or other special events
Travelling solo

I’m sure I could think of more but for some reason I woke at 4:30 am and here I am.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am all for the crazy chicken lady idea!!

- Homesteading Series -- lots of possibilities to fit in this one; hobby farm, gardening, canning, rustic, farmhouse, diy/repurposing, fishing, hunting, quilting, craft/farmers markets -- all somewhat coordinating so they can be mix and matched together.... my creative soul is happy just thinking about it.

- I would love to see a Canadian provinces series (or at least a Canada kit that not just red and white and maple syrupy....lol)

- I know Licensing is always an obstacle but I'd love to see more Holiday Character kits.... (a kit celebrating all the Rankin Bass Characters would totally make my christmas next year!!)

- Pride kit that's more than just rainbows.... maybe something neutral where the color pops come from the different flags.

- Tabletop Game Night - geared more towards the strategy style games - Catan, Ticket to Ride, Risk, Small World etc.

- Card Game Night - Traditional Card Games, but also all the crazy new card games out there -- Exploding Kittens, Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, Unstable Unicorns, Cards Against Humanity etc

I could probably think of more, but those were just a few of the top of my head that would fill in some voids in my scrapping
Old 12-20-2021, 09:56 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
I'm always on the lookout for more Disney kits. More land and ride specific than character themed. Some that come to mind would be for the new Ratatouille ride/French pavilion, more Fantasyland ride kits like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, and Goofy's Barnstormer. Some more Tomorrowland kits would be nice too. I have so many photos on the Buzz Lightyear ride, and Space Mountain. Another Star Wars themed kit with the current rides and lands, light saber and droid building-more specific to the new land at Hollywood Studios.

I find Epcot the hardest park to scrap. It's just so random to me and hard to hone in on a specific theme with Future Word. But I'd love an Epcot kit that focuses on Future World and all that's there and then maybe a separate World Showcase kit.
YES!
Old 12-20-2021, 10:47 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Life is messy
Kit for us singles out there when it comes to holidays or other special events
Travelling solo

I’m sure I could think of more but for some reason I woke at 4:30 am and here I am.
This!

And kits for those that are older, especially with no children in their lives. I have a hard time with most kits because they are geared towards the younger generations. The older generation have lives too.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post

- I know Licensing is always an obstacle but I'd love to see more Holiday Character kits.... (a kit celebrating all the Rankin Bass Characters would totally make my christmas next year!!)

- Card Game Night - Traditional Card Games, but also all the crazy new card games out there -- Exploding Kittens, Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, Unstable Unicorns, Cards Against Humanity etc
100%! I love the Rankin Bass shows and we are big Exploding kittens fans (we play on the app)!
Old 12-20-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

profile gallery

I second the singles kit and the Starbucks! I will also be needing an "empty nest" kit in 2022 and I would really love a teen kit that is positive and not filled with dark colors (or hot pink), grunge and angst. Maybe something focused on current events/climate/environmental issues (NOT political!) - my girls and their friends are all very knowledgeable about these things, as many young people are, and I'd love to capture that with something other than an Earth Day sort of kit.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Kits I need:
State Capitals (buildings)
US Presidents
Musical Theater
Parades
Obstacle Courses/Ninja Warrior

I always need more baseball & basketball kits

Last edited by lovely1m; 12-20-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I would love to see a Canadian provinces series (or at least a Canada kit that not just red and white and maple syrupy....lol)
Or bears and moose—Lol.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

what would be good to see in a canada kit? I couldn't imagine doing one for each province because that's a lot but perhpas a canada kit.. I just don't really know what to do for kits like that
Old 12-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Soooo, if any designers out there are making a list and checking it twice of kit ideas for the new year, I have a couple of requests. I have these chickens, and I'm kind of a crazy chicken lady now and I take a lot of photos of them, because they're gorgeous and I love them. Wouldn't a "Crazy Chicken Lady" kit be fun? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. And it could be part of a hobby farm type kit or a homesteading kit if you didn't want to focus on chickens (but really, why wouldn't you??) ALSO, I have the sweetest bunny who needs pages. This would also work in a hobby farm kit!
I'd love a crazy chicken lady kit. It needs to include a reference to chicken math! Maybe some word art about being broody? We also have ducks and turkeys. The turkeys are seriously like feathered dogs. I love them so much!

I have a rabbit to scrap about as well. Also, goats. I have fainting goats and they are hilarious. We have a miniature horse too and the horse kits I typically see are western or riding horses. He doesn't get ridden, he rolls around on the ground and follows us like a dog.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to see something college related but not the on campus kind of college. I am taking all online classes so I would want to see things about homework, exams, zoom meetings, blackboard, etc.

My husband is really into his Jeep. I'd love to see something for the car guys that focuses on different types of vehicles maybe.

A story telling type kit to scrap those funny things kids say. I have things I'd like to scrap but never really find the right kit. Things my stepson, now grown, have said and things my own kids and now the kids I work with at school say.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Softball, softball and softball. So hard to find a good girls sport let alone softball specific. And I have eleventy billion pics to scrap!
Old 12-20-2021, 09:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The Disney kits I need (holding up my progress on my 2016 album, LOL, because I'm always sure that if I 'make do' with something else, the perfect kit is coming out in the next release ) are:

Chip & Dale
Pinocchio
Cars Land (more the retro feel of the Radiator Springs scenery, rather than the LMQ/racing focus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post

Weekly recap templates that don't have to follow traditional Project life parameters--they don't have to have pockets or use cards or even be grid-like. Am I totally crazy? I don't want to stop doing my weekly pages, but I am so tired of the way I've been doing it for years and years. Does ANYONE have any new ideas?
YES!! A fresh take on this would be amazing!!!

And to go along with my Project Life needs, keep the versatile, "everyday life" kinds of kits coming-- I'm always looking for more kits for that stash!! Our weeks aren't filled with seasonal & themed activities, just looking for different color combos & positive, sweet or clever sayings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post

Oh yeah!! There's 2 or 4 that I've been waiting for forever!!
Old 12-21-2021, 08:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just need more everyday themed kits & cards for my monthly recaps.

I'd love to scrap our love languages.

I honestly rarely think of kits I need until I see them, and then I'm like, "How did I ever live without this??"
Old 12-21-2021, 09:05 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post

oooh yes, KCB, Flergs, Cindy & DSI are you reading this
Old 12-21-2021, 09:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I feel like that kid that finally gets to sidle up onto Santa's lap and then completely blanks out on what I want!

Oh yeah! Music! like live music / concerts for grown ups. Something with both acoustic & electric guitars, bass, drums, mic's, stage lights, curtains, drinks, stage, graffiti type art journal paints, rough textures, genres, etc. ---
And I would LOVE a sort of 'arrange it yourself' concert tickets option. (kind of like SPD's editable envelopes) Concert tickets used to be so cool, that we would keep and treasure and even frame. Nowadays, they are little more than a bar-code on a white sheet of paper like an airline boarding pass. I would use this option to create tickets as souvenirs for all of my dot's and my concerts.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
what would be good to see in a canada kit? I couldn't imagine doing one for each province because that's a lot but perhpas a canada kit.. I just don't really know what to do for kits like that
good question, not sure.

My part of Ontario is known for the Underground Railroad, Rum Runners and we can get all 4 seasons in a week but it is flat and not very scenic. Yes, people Ontario exists past Toronto and London, lol. Northern Ontario is woodsy, ie Algonquin Park, Muskoka. Quebec is beautiful and has great food along with a lot of festivals. Out east is supposed to be very pretty (next on my bucket list) with colourful houses, fishing villages, Viking history. That's all I got, not much help I know.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
good question, not sure.

My part of Ontario is known for the Underground Railroad, Rum Runners and we can get all 4 seasons in a week but it is flat and not very scenic. Yes, people Ontario exists past Toronto and London, lol. Northern Ontario is woodsy, ie Algonquin Park, Muskoka. Quebec is beautiful and has great food along with a lot of festivals. Out east is supposed to be very pretty (next on my bucket list) with colourful houses, fishing villages, Viking history. That's all I got, not much help I know.
Each province might be hard to do, but maybe like a zone? West Coast, East Coast, Prairies, Central, North? To try and get away from the stereotypical moose and maple syrup type things (which are great, don't get me wrong, but we're more than that!)

Old 12-22-2021, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Each province might be hard to do, but maybe like a zone? West Coast, East Coast, Prairies, Central, North? To try and get away from the stereotypical moose and maple syrup type things (which are great, don't get me wrong, but we're more than that!)
I agree, provinces would be hard. Ontario alone is so different depending on where you are. Here we would never see a bear or moose however, up North you would. We don’t get snow compared to there either.

We could make it about Timmy’s, hockey, toques, beer, bacon and apologizing a lot
Old 12-22-2021, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh! I just thought of one. SUMMER CAMP! I have all of Kristin’s Great Outdoors series, but I need one specific for the craziness of camp.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:26 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Oh! I just thought of one. SUMMER CAMP! I have all of Kristin’s Great Outdoors series, but I need one specific for the craziness of camp.
I can always use summer camp kits, too. My kid goes to 3-4 different ones every summer. He loves them.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another idea for Epcot would be a food and wine festival themed kit, eating around the "world" or drinking around the "world.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Disney- food, snacking, meal kits (I can't be the only one that takes photos of food at Disney!)

Mountain coaster/fun park- ax throwing, tubing/tobaggon (but non snow), mini golf, go-cart, overhead hanging coasters, coasters where you control it (mountain coaster), "brake" word art, neon lights, tickets

school events- spirit week, homecoming, grad night, concerts, award ceremony
Old 12-22-2021, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could def use axe throwing!!! The place we go also has fowling, go karts, an arcade, a rage room, a nerf gun battle room and a pool setup (think billiards) where the balls are all soccer sized and you have to kick them.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

At least one kit on camping that has Class A RV in it... many have trailers or tent camping... but I'm a glamper!
I'm not sure what a Class A RV is, but I have been planning a glamping/RV type of kit, probably for later Spring. We just bought a new 5th wheel this past fall, so I'll want to scrap my photos. LOL

Anything in particular you'd like to see?
Old 12-23-2021, 01:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I might be the only one (almost embarrassed to admit, haha) but I'd love a lighthearted/snarky-ish Bachelor/Bachelorette (the reality dating show) kit. LOL. Or a combo of reality dating shows, I pretty much devour them all, haha. My friends & I even compete in a fantasy league where you get points for choosing players who receive roses, ask "can I steal you for a minute?", and/or talk about being vulnerable, lol (also slightly embarrassing )

Last edited by knittingbec; 12-26-2021 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Disneykits for food/ restaurants/hotels.
Disney /Marvel characters, pinocchio, ratatouille, Black panter, Iron man, Ect.

Kits for European citytrips. We visit churches wich are mostly catholic here and castles en and old buildings. And old squares.

Ik like the idea for a starbuckskit that was mentioned
Old 12-23-2021, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Similar to how the US isn't just NYC, Vegas, and Disneyland/world? lol!
Old 12-23-2021, 04:11 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
Similar to how the US isn't just NYC, Vegas, and Disneyland/world? lol!
And each state has so much more to them than the big cities that everyone hears about!

I've been scrapping a lot of photos for my cousin that lives in FL. And, the photos aren't theme parks. There is so much nature there that they explore and water activities that aren't water park type of stuff. Even though I've got hiking kits, beach kits and lake kits, they don't always work for the FL photos they take. Hiking nature trails in FL is a lot different than nature trails through woods elsewhere!
Old 12-23-2021, 06:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
And each state has so much more to them than the big cities that everyone hears about!

I've been scrapping a lot of photos for my cousin that lives in FL. And, the photos aren't theme parks. There is so much nature there that they explore and water activities that aren't water park type of stuff. Even though I've got hiking kits, beach kits and lake kits, they don't always work for the FL photos they take. Hiking nature trails in FL is a lot different than nature trails through woods elsewhere!
yep!!
Old 12-24-2021, 08:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Maybe a Canada Kit that's general and a small add-on pack per province that can be picked up separately??

I'm not sure if I can describe well, but think your rugged outdoors kits, natural, nature, beauty, mountains, lakes, prairies, beaches (but not tropical ones), can't forget the ice and snow, provincial parks & flags. There's also the route of what the provinces are known for.... gold, potatoes, lighthouses, fishing industry, oil industry, farming.... Canadian Pop culture would be another good theme to build around. I dunno..... I LOVE the Canada Day Kits that designers always comes up with, and enjoy the stereotypical elements (cause they do exist for sure), I just always feel like there's more to "show off"
Old 12-24-2021, 08:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and to add to my list I have a Specific Request for Traci Reed...

if you are still deciding on themes for later in the year, I would absolutely ADORE a 'at the shore/lighthouse' themed kit.... I get feelings of joy just thinking about printing off little lighthouses and other nautical elements to play with
Old 12-24-2021, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Maybe a Canada Kit that's general and a small add-on pack per province that can be picked up separately??

I'm not sure if I can describe well, but think your rugged outdoors kits, natural, nature, beauty, mountains, lakes, prairies, beaches (but not tropical ones), can't forget the ice and snow, provincial parks & flags. There's also the route of what the provinces are known for.... gold, potatoes, lighthouses, fishing industry, oil industry, farming.... Canadian Pop culture would be another good theme to build around. I dunno..... I LOVE the Canada Day Kits that designers always comes up with, and enjoy the stereotypical elements (cause they do exist for sure), I just always feel like there's more to "show off"
Trying to think of what else could be added for Canadian themed kits. I'm from Quebec and we have an Old Montreal, and Old Quebec City where there are historic buildings and squares, cobble stone streets, horse drawn carriages all decked out, artists in the streets, live music including the traditional fiddle and spoons. There's the famous poutine and beaver tails (yes, it's something to eat, lol). There's also whale watching further north. We have indigenous culture too, might be something to explore? We are also defined by our bilingualism. Also, maybe word art that you'd only see in Canada i.e. eh? loonie, toonie, Timmies, a double double, tuque to name a few. I'm sure each province has their own that defines them. That's all I can think of for now.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted to pop in and say that I am planning a kit called "Spring Chickens" for April and am pretty excited about it. Hopefully, if I do it right, I will cover all the crazy chicken ladies wants and needs.
Old 12-25-2021, 03:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm not sure what a Class A RV is, but I have been planning a glamping/RV type of kit, probably for later Spring. We just bought a new 5th wheel this past fall, so I'll want to scrap my photos. LOL

Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Class A’s are the “tour bus” type campers. I’m not sure on anything in particular… gas hog, tail swing, basement (storage), the view (big front window while driving)… I’ll keep thinking and ask my hubby.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just got an Oculus quest so anything VR related. We’re discovering so many cool games but I am definitely Beat Sabre addicted!!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:26 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
Another idea for Epcot would be a food and wine festival themed kit, eating around the "world" or drinking around the "world.

Yes! My oldest turns 21 this year and we are taking him to Epcot to sip & snack around the world (because there are 3 of us and 12 countries and I don’t want to be completely sloshed )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2021, 08:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm back again with yet another wish

I (impulsively) decided that my son should have a bearded dragon for Christmas, so here I am... completely obsessed with our new critter! I already have Cold Blooded Love from Meagan's Creations & Clever Monkey, but I'm gonna need some more beardie/reptile kits!

PS (what have I done????? LOL)
Old 12-27-2021, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Kits for European citytrips. We visit churches wich are mostly catholic here and castles en and old buildings. And old squares.
I second that, would love having a kit to covered my castle picture and Basilique or old churches and old building in Europe.

I also second Chip and Dale kit

I would love having a japanese and chinese food kit.

I have to think of what I would need more! lol!
Old 12-31-2021, 01:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh I’m a crazy chicken lady! So I’d love a kit like that.
Anything farmhouse or country life. I’m all for plaids and buffalo checks please.
Camping and hiking. Or better yet horseback riding as we do trail rides.
Weekly kits would be nice.
I’m a single gal, that has a spoiled dog and horse, and lots of chickens.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I am planning a kit called "Spring Chickens" for April and am pretty excited about it. Hopefully, if I do it right, I will cover all the crazy chicken ladies wants and needs.
I am looking forward to this!!! My ladies better get ready for a Spring Photoshoot....>LOL