Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-29-2021, 04:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Concert Bucket List

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I have a bucket list of people/groups I want to see in concert and last night I got to check one, Gary Allan, off the list.

The man gives a great show and as I was singing and dancing and just having a good time, it occurred to be that I have been inspired by a lot of his music. The kits, Every Storm Runs Out Of Rain and A Beautiful Ride, were both from songs of his as was an older kit that has been retired for a while, Life Ain't Always Beautiful. I mean I knew I was a big Gary Allan fan, but I didn't realize how much of a fan I really was. His music speaks to me and I just think he is so dang cool.

So I have to ask, do you all have a concert bucket list? Are there certain acts that you just have to see at least one time in person? And do you have a singer that inspires you in a creative way? Surely I can't be the only person who is like this about someone famous.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I used to go to every single hard rock/metal band that came to town and to quite a few in nearby towns. Now I never go. I think my last concert was 7 years ago to Pink (which was amazing). I think it's because I listen to harder music that it feels weirder going to concerts now that I am older. Plus my husband and I do not listen to the same type of music at all.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:26 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I hadn't been to a concert in about 25 years and honestly didn't miss them at all. But I heard a group in 2017 that I fell in love with and I just had to go to one of their concerts. I was able to accomplish that in 2018 so I'm good now!

I also have a loss of hearing in one ear and tinnitus in the other one. Large crowds, lots of loud noise and lots of people talking all at one time actually make my brain shut down and I zone out. Because of the hearing issues I also very rarely understand anything that is being sung because of the instruments being loud. The group I love is an a cappella group so no instruments involved

Now I do enjoy listening to some music but it is either this group or my favorites from years gone by... the songs that I know all the words to already!
Old 05-29-2021, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Mari. I listen to metal but wouldn't be caught at a show. I'm just too old for that. lol
Old 05-30-2021, 08:55 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I have been going to concerts for years. We've seen some greats; The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, George Strait, just to name a few. We have pretty wide taste in music.

I know what you mean about the age thing Mari and Lynn; we've been the "old folks" and "the kids" at concerts. Actually, I find it quite funny when we're the old folks. The looks we get especially when I'm dancing and know all the words to a song.

No only do we do have a bucket list of concerts (Santana, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton's Crossroad festival, Sheryl Crow.), my husband has a list of concert DVDs. He's the only man I know who goes to a concert to really listen to the instruments. I have to stand out of his direct line of sight so he can't see me dancing and jumping around.

Lorie I would love to see a kit inspired by any Def Leppard song. (Except Pour some sugar on me). They are my all time favorite band; seen them five times in concert.

Last edited by jema; 05-30-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have been fortunate to see many many great artists in concert over the years. I think at last count, we've seen about 26 different artists, most recently, Bob Seger.

When I'm at a concert, I just sort of get lost in the music and the surroundings and forget about all of my cares.

Next on our bucket list is Forigner and ELO.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a long time Hanson fan and always will be. Whenever they come close to me I see them in concert.

I've also seen Justin Timberlake and Pink (where Pink was the first part of JT's show!) and that was amazing too.

I'm not sure I want to go close to so many people yet though.

I'm glad you got to check someone off your list Lorie.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love going to concerts - it’s definitely one of the things I’ve missed this past year. I’ve seen Macklemore 4 times - my son and I go together �� My husband and I recently bought tickets for Andrea Bocelli in October... super excited to see him again, it’s like a religious experience!! As for my bucket list, I’d probably say Elton John. I don’t actively listen to his music but I’d love to see him live.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes, going to live concerts is one of my favorite things in the world so I've been to tons & tons. It didn't hurt that my father used to work in an arena where we got to see concerts, too. I try very hard to see at least one outdoor concert per year.

I'm seeing Chris Lane (who is on my concert bucket list) in July and debating on whether I want to see Alanis this fall (who has been on my concert bucket list for 20+ years) or not since even lawn tickets are $$$.

Dave Barnes is my all-time favorite artist, and I've seen him three times in concert over the last 15 years.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think almost everyone that was on my bucklet list, I've seen. I didn't see my first concert until I was 28 years old, haha... My boyfriend (now my husband) is a part time DJ for the number one country radio station and he used to be able to get tickets to every concert that came into town... we also had one of the largest summer Country Music Festivals in the MidWest. So, I got to see all my wants... Reba, Shania Twain, Garth, Toby Keith, etc. Neil Diamond was a huge mark off the bucket list... haha!
Old 05-31-2021, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I have too many left.

We had tickets to see Bon Jovi last July w/ Brian Adams and that was bucket list show for sure, but because of Covid it was canceled.

I honestly can't think of anyone that I really want to see that I haven't yet.

Gary Allan is amazing! One of the best concerts we've ever been to. He's one of our favorites.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Mari and Lynn, the great thing about country concerts is that the crowd is made up of all kind of people and a lot of older people like me. I felt right at home. Metal was never my thing, but there are some songs that I like that might make it worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I hadn't been to a concert in about 25 years and honestly didn't miss them at all. But I heard a group in 2017 that I fell in love with and I just had to go to one of their concerts. I was able to accomplish that in 2018 so I'm good now!

I also have a loss of hearing in one ear and tinnitus in the other one. Large crowds, lots of loud noise and lots of people talking all at one time actually make my brain shut down and I zone out. Because of the hearing issues I also very rarely understand anything that is being sung because of the instruments being loud. The group I love is an a cappella group so no instruments involved

Now I do enjoy listening to some music but it is either this group or my favorites from years gone by... the songs that I know all the words to already!

I have slight hearing loss in both ears from working in a factory setting for years and years, but it isn't too bad. More annoying than anything and something I have to be careful about. Concerts are probably not good for it, but I do a lot of things that are not good for me. What can I say, I am a rebel. LOL Not.

I love Pentatonix and would go see them in a heart beat. I used to play them for my mom in the nursing home all the time. She couldn't talk any more, but if she knew the words for the past, she could sing along with them. It gave us both a lot of joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
Lorie I would love to see a kit inspired by any Def Leppard song. (Except Pour some sugar on me). They are my all time favorite band; seen them five times in concert.

It's been a long time since I have listened to Def Leppard, mostly country these days, but you never know what will inspire me and music is a big one. I love to sing. Of course, no one loves it when I sing, but it doesn't stop me. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

I'm not sure I want to go close to so many people yet though.

I'm glad you got to check someone off your list Lorie.

Thanks, Lea. I am fully vaccinated, so I wasn't too worried about the crowd. This summer I am also checking off Toby Keith and Lee Brice. I was supposed to check off George cappStrait, but he canceled that concert to headline Austin City Limits. Those tickets are insane, so I can see why he would, but my tickets for him at ND cost a fortune too, so I am still a little miffed and as a result, I moved him down the list a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I love going to concerts - it’s definitely one of the things I’ve missed this past year. I’ve seen Macklemore 4 times - my son and I go together �� My husband and I recently bought tickets for Andrea Bocelli in October... super excited to see him again, it’s like a religious experience!! As for my bucket list, I’d probably say Elton John. I don’t actively listen to his music but I’d love to see him live.

Elton John would be the bomb. Just the glitz and glamour of it all would probably be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Oh yes, going to live concerts is one of my favorite things in the world so I've been to tons & tons. It didn't hurt that my father used to work in an arena where we got to see concerts, too. I try very hard to see at least one outdoor concert per year.

I'm seeing Chris Lane (who is on my concert bucket list) in July and debating on whether I want to see Alanis this fall (who has been on my concert bucket list for 20+ years) or not since even lawn tickets are $$$.

Dave Barnes is my all-time favorite artist, and I've seen him three times in concert over the last 15 years.

Chris Lane is awesome too and I thought about going to see him, but with Gary Allan, Toby Keith and Lee Brice happening this year, I thought it might be overkill for my sister, who goes with me, to add another one. LOL She is not as in to concerts as I am, but she is always willing to go with me, which I appreciate, so I try not to overdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I think almost everyone that was on my bucklet list, I've seen. I didn't see my first concert until I was 28 years old, haha... My boyfriend (now my husband) is a part time DJ for the number one country radio station and he used to be able to get tickets to every concert that came into town... we also had one of the largest summer Country Music Festivals in the MidWest. So, I got to see all my wants... Reba, Shania Twain, Garth, Toby Keith, etc. Neil Diamond was a huge mark off the bucket list... haha!

Reba is on my list, but I have seen Garth and am seeing Toby in July. Neil Diamond would be fantastic, just a big old sing along the entire time. I can't say Shania is on my list, but I would go see her if she got close enough. Martina McBride is coming to town this summer and that one is very tempting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I don't think I have too many left.

We had tickets to see Bon Jovi last July w/ Brian Adams and that was bucket list show for sure, but because of Covid it was canceled.

I honestly can't think of anyone that I really want to see that I haven't yet.

Gary Allan is amazing! One of the best concerts we've ever been to. He's one of our favorites.

I would love to see Bon Jovi! They are my neice's favorite band and her mom took her to a concert for her 30th birthday a few years ago. First song that girl ever learned the words to, at two years of age, was You Give Love A Bad Name. That is a great memory.

And Brian Adams, wow, that was a great ticket. Sorry it got canceled. Stupid Covid. We lost Billy Joel and George Strait because of Covid last year and then they canceled again this year too.

Gary Allan is one of the best I have ever been to as well. He is just so freakin cool! When he put on the black hat and long white duster to do smoke rings in the dark, I about swooned. LOL

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 05-31-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Mari and Lynn, the great thing about country concerts is that the crowd is made up of all kind of people and a lot of older people like me. I felt right at home. Metal was never my thing, but there are some songs that I like that might make it worthwhile.

I have slight hearing loss in both ears from working in a factory setting for years and years, but it isn't too bad. More annoying than anything and something I have to be careful about. Concerts are probably not good for it, but I do a lot of things that are not good for me. What can I say, I am a rebel. LOL Not.

I love Pentatonix and would go see them in a heart beat. I used to play them for my mom in the nursing home all the time. She couldn't talk any more, but if she knew the words for the past, she could sing along with them. It gave us both a lot of joy.
Since you like country and a cappella, you absolutely should add Home Free to your bucket list. They usually play smaller venues and tickets are very reasonably prices (at least for me they were). I saw them with about 3,000 other people. They are heading back out on tour in a few months. They do have a few fair dates in July but start the dates for those they rescheduled from 2020 in September. So far the venue closest to me is not on their schedule (wasn't in 2020 either after 3 straight years of doing shows there) so I probably won't be seeing them this year. Maybe in 2022 if the stars align!

I saw Home Free in November 2018 then got to see one of my favorites just a few weeks later... Oak Ridge Boys. I had seen them 3 times in the 90's at the Ohio State Fair so when they were just 14 miles from me, I talked my cousin into going and we had a blast. Both of us sang along to every song! They still do a pretty good show considering their ages and they are going to be touring again this year.

Also, several years ago Home Free did a video of "Ring of Fire" with a special guest... Avi from Pentatonix. It was the battle of the bass singers. Home Free's bass is absolutely awesome. Heck, all of the guys in the group are good. There is one video of theirs that whenever I play it, my dog has to climb on my lap and watch "her boys"
Old 05-31-2021, 10:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm lucky enough to have seen many many wonderful musicians in concert through the years but my most fave ever has to be Pink!!

I have seen her twice and would go again any time she came Down Under again. I think she has had the most concerts in Australia than any other star, ever!! We absolutely love her down here.

Elton John is amazing in concert. I've seen him twice, once in South Africa and once in Hawaii, both were fabulous

I was even lucky enough to see Queen WITH Freddie Mercury..(giving away my age, lol) that was one heck of a concert as I was right up front... don't think I got my hearing back for a solid few days

Beyonce.. that was for my daughter.. she loved it, I was..meh. To this day my girl can't understand how I feel that way, lol, and I like Beyonce!

The Bee Gees, before most of them passed were wonderful too.

Roxette, Annie Lenox, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, possibly Mariah Carey... can't remember that far back, the list goes on... showing my age again, lol. I even took my daughter, when she was MUCH younger, to see Hilary Duff... tee hee

Vanessa, we saw Bryan Adams in the UK many years ago at Wembley Stadium, he was so good, I hope you get to see him one day xx

oh to be able to go again...
Old 06-01-2021, 03:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Since you like country and a cappella, you absolutely should add Home Free to your bucket list. They usually play smaller venues and tickets are very reasonably prices (at least for me they were). I saw them with about 3,000 other people. They are heading back out on tour in a few months. They do have a few fair dates in July but start the dates for those they rescheduled from 2020 in September. So far the venue closest to me is not on their schedule (wasn't in 2020 either after 3 straight years of doing shows there) so I probably won't be seeing them this year. Maybe in 2022 if the stars align!

I saw Home Free in November 2018 then got to see one of my favorites just a few weeks later... Oak Ridge Boys. I had seen them 3 times in the 90's at the Ohio State Fair so when they were just 14 miles from me, I talked my cousin into going and we had a blast. Both of us sang along to every song! They still do a pretty good show considering their ages and they are going to be touring again this year.

Also, several years ago Home Free did a video of "Ring of Fire" with a special guest... Avi from Pentatonix. It was the battle of the bass singers. Home Free's bass is absolutely awesome. Heck, all of the guys in the group are good. There is one video of theirs that whenever I play it, my dog has to climb on my lap and watch "her boys"
I will definitely have to check them out. Sounds like I would love them.

So I have an Oak Ridge Boy story. When I was younger my mom went to see them in concert and met them at an autograph signing. They asked her and her friends if they wanted to go have a drink and my mom said she had to get home to the kids, but if they wanted to come over for coffee, they were welcome, so they did. My dad, who was also a fan came home from work and they were in our kitchen drinking coffee and shooting the breeze with my mom and her friends and me! I had woken up, wandered out into the kitchen and one of them picked me up and held me in his lap and told my mom about missing his family. Mom used to tell me the story about how I fell back asleep on an Oak Ridge Boy. LOL I wish I could remember which one it was, but for the life of me, it will not come to me.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
I'm lucky enough to have seen many many wonderful musicians in concert through the years but my most fave ever has to be Pink!!

I have seen her twice and would go again any time she came Down Under again. I think she has had the most concerts in Australia than any other star, ever!! We absolutely love her down here.

Elton John is amazing in concert. I've seen him twice, once in South Africa and once in Hawaii, both were fabulous

I was even lucky enough to see Queen WITH Freddie Mercury..(giving away my age, lol) that was one heck of a concert as I was right up front... don't think I got my hearing back for a solid few days

Beyonce.. that was for my daughter.. she loved it, I was..meh. To this day my girl can't understand how I feel that way, lol, and I like Beyonce!

The Bee Gees, before most of them passed were wonderful too.

Roxette, Annie Lenox, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, possibly Mariah Carey... can't remember that far back, the list goes on... showing my age again, lol. I even took my daughter, when she was MUCH younger, to see Hilary Duff... tee hee

Vanessa, we saw Bryan Adams in the UK many years ago at Wembley Stadium, he was so good, I hope you get to see him one day xx

oh to be able to go again...
Jo, you are a rock concert rock star! I would go to all of those except Hillary Duff! LOL. My DIL thinks Beyonce hung the moon. She is sorta meh for me too, but I would still go. LOL

I would love to see Pink. And I would be in Heaven if she teamed up with Keith Urban for a concert. I love their duet, so maybe it could happen. LOL Keith Urban is definitely on my bucket list. Definitely.

There is a Bee Gee tribute band coming to town soon and my sister said it sounded like it would be a lot of fun. It probably would be, but I like the real thing, so tribute band are not my cup of tea. And I have to be close enough to see them.

I was so close to Tim McGraw it was unreal. There was a man who had a bum leg and he was standing and I offered him my seat before the show. Turns out he was the guy who ran the trucking company that moved all the equipment and stuff for Tim and had these awesome seats, but couldn't get to them because he had hurt his leg. When I offered him my seat, cause I was going to be standing anyway, he offered me and my sister his tickets and then sent people to us all night long to bring us free drinks and food and anything we wanted. I really wanted to ask him to introduce us to Tim, but that would have been bad manners, so I didn't. But it was tempting. Life lesson, always be nice to people and offer them your seat if they need it. LOL

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 06-01-2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went to a concert once when I was 16.... wasn't a big fan of the live show. It was a cool experience but I have always been a "music was meant to be heard not 'seen'" kind of person.

Besides that, I am also a hard rock / metal girl and like a few others have mentioned, those shows and crowds just aren't for me.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:12 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I will definitely have to check them out. Sounds like I would love them.

So I have an Oak Ridge Boy story. When I was younger my mom went to see them in concert and met them at an autograph signing. They asked her and her friends if they wanted to go have a drink and my mom said she had to get home to the kids, but if they wanted to come over for coffee, they were welcome, so they did. My dad, who was also a fan came home from work and they were in our kitchen drinking coffee and shooting the breeze with my mom and her friends and me! I had woken up, wandered out into the kitchen and one of them picked me up and held me in his lap and told my mom about missing his family. Mom used to tell me the story about how I fell back asleep on an Oak Ridge Boy. LOL I wish I could remember which one it was, but for the life of me, it will not come to me.
I could see that happening. They are very personable and absolutely love their fans which is why they keep on touring.

Check out Home Free's version of Elvira on YouTube.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:22 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I do envy you that concert but unfortunately they never came to the city I lived in back in those days.

I lived in a city that had an arena that would bring in some good concerts for 10 years so that's when most of my concert going happened. I was in my 20's and enjoyed every minute of them. Some that were really enjoyable were Beach Boys (before Dennis Wilson's death and Brian's estrangement from the group) and their opening act... some guy known as John Cougar (yep Mellencamp). Also really enjoyed Boston and my absolute favorite from those days was Rick Springfield.

A lot of concerts I've seen have been at fairs, a lot at the Ohio State Fair over the years. Sadly the entertainment at the state fair has gone downhill in the last 20 years. They used to get really big names. Saw James Brown when I was a kid but I preferred Herman's Hermits in those days And, the Oak Ridge Boys 3 years in a row in the 90's.

Now I live in back in the town I grew up in and to go to a big arena for a big concert is at least an hour's drive.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have enjoyed some good concerts over the years - Phil Collins, Sting, The Eagles, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Stevie Nicks, Bob Seger and Elton John to name a few. However as concert prices seem to be skyrocketing, I've gotten a lot more selective about who gets my money. A couple years ago I saw Katy Perry when she came through town. THAT was a show - from the music to the costumes and stage it was one big entertainment package. I'd love to see Lady Gaga or Pink for those reasons. I'd also love to see the 80's Fleetwood Mac lineup. I love their music and to get to see them all together live one more time would be great! If the price and location was right, I'd also love to see Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machine.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I went to a concert once when I was 16.... wasn't a big fan of the live show. It was a cool experience but I have always been a "music was meant to be heard not 'seen'" kind of person.

Besides that, I am also a hard rock / metal girl and like a few others have mentioned, those shows and crowds just aren't for me.
I totally get that, but I am a visual person, so I like to see things as well.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I have enjoyed some good concerts over the years - Phil Collins, Sting, The Eagles, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Stevie Nicks, Bob Seger and Elton John to name a few. However as concert prices seem to be skyrocketing, I've gotten a lot more selective about who gets my money. A couple years ago I saw Katy Perry when she came through town. THAT was a show - from the music to the costumes and stage it was one big entertainment package. I'd love to see Lady Gaga or Pink for those reasons. I'd also love to see the 80's Fleetwood Mac lineup. I love their music and to get to see them all together live one more time would be great! If the price and location was right, I'd also love to see Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machine.
My son and his wife have seen Mumford and Sons three or four times now; my DIL is a huge fan and as my son says, he is a good husband. To be honest, I don't even know who they are for sure. The kids have a varied taste in music and go to all kinds of concerts. They have seen Metallica because my DIL is a good wife, Katy Perry, and loved Miranda Lambert. They're my kids, so they love music and concerts. LOL
Old 06-01-2021, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like contemporary Christian music. My dream concert is For King and Country. I was supposed to go to one last year, but wasn't able to. I would also love to see the Blue Man Group (and again, I was supposed to go last year, but didn't get to!)
Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I saw someone mentioned Home Free
I listen to them everyday and I'm hoping to see them in concert, one day, when the borders open again.
I watched their virtual Christmas concert last year though

Old 06-02-2021, 12:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Honestly my bucket list is going to a concert at all. Because of our small country most of the time there is Just one show wich is sold out Just too fast all the time. So you have to be very lucky to score a ticket.

One on me and my hubby bucket list for a long time was Linkin Park. So we said if they ever come in the Netherlands again we go, but than the lead Singer died.. So for now it isn't they Will ever have a concert again or of even Will Be or sound the same.

A other one on my list is Pink. Last time i wasn't lucky for my ticket but my sister was with her Friends. So i was happy for her, somewhere little jealous but happy for her. And she made some Tiny movie clips for me. I hope next time she Comes i Will be lucky enough because i know my oldest (Lorena) wants to see her now too.

Another one i wish to see is Imagine Dragons. I Just love their songs so much.

Oh and another gave of my hubby and me is Armin van Buuren or Martin Garrix not sure any of you know Them, they are world wilde feamous DJ'S. The light show on those events are Incredible
Old 06-02-2021, 01:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Can not believe I left out another of my absolute faves... and considering my daughter and I walked three hours to get to the concert (long story) and it was summer BUT... it was SO worth it...ADELE!! We had amazing seats and loved every single minute of her concert.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I are huge country music fans and we love concerts! We have been to so so many!!! Carrie Underwood, Reba, George Straight, Lonestar, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearbook, Keith Urban and many more... those were just some of my faves and we have seen them multiple times. Our kids first concert was Carrie Underwood many years ago, and my girls LOVED her...still do!!

We also have done concerts on Broadway in Nashville with assorted artist, Grand Ole Opry, the Ryman... any country fan should try and do those someday, our kids also enjoyed them!

Our local radio station does big anniversary concerts with lots of artists and we used to go to those too....

And before we so big into country we have seen Elton John, Billy Joel, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf, ... (i feel like I'm not dating myself...lol) The one concert I never made it to when I was younger that I would have loved is BonJovi.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 06-02-2021, 11:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I like contemporary Christian music. My dream concert is For King and Country. I was supposed to go to one last year, but wasn't able to. I would also love to see the Blue Man Group (and again, I was supposed to go last year, but didn't get to!)
Stupid Covid! Hope you get a chance to go again soon.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
I saw someone mentioned Home Free
I listen to them everyday and I'm hoping to see them in concert, one day, when the borders open again.
I watched their virtual Christmas concert last year though
I am really going to have to check them out. Really.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
Honestly my bucket list is going to a concert at all. Because of our small country most of the time there is Just one show wich is sold out Just too fast all the time. So you have to be very lucky to score a ticket.

One on me and my hubby bucket list for a long time was Linkin Park. So we said if they ever come in the Netherlands again we go, but than the lead Singer died.. So for now it isn't they Will ever have a concert again or of even Will Be or sound the same.

A other one on my list is Pink. Last time i wasn't lucky for my ticket but my sister was with her Friends. So i was happy for her, somewhere little jealous but happy for her. And she made some Tiny movie clips for me. I hope next time she Comes i Will be lucky enough because i know my oldest (Lorena) wants to see her now too.

Another one i wish to see is Imagine Dragons. I Just love their songs so much.

Oh and another gave of my hubby and me is Armin van Buuren or Martin Garrix not sure any of you know Them, they are world wilde feamous DJ'S. The light show on those events are Incredible
I hope you get to go to a concert some day. It is an experience for sure. The only one you mentioned that I really know is Pink. I need to get out of the country a little and learn more about these other artist.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Can not believe I left out another of my absolute faves... and considering my daughter and I walked three hours to get to the concert (long story) and it was summer BUT... it was SO worth it...ADELE!! We had amazing seats and loved every single minute of her concert.
I'd walk three hours to see her too.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Hubby and I are huge country music fans and we love concerts! We have been to so so many!!! Carrie Underwood, Reba, George Straight, Lonestar, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearbook, Keith Urban and many more... those were just some of my faves and we have seen them multiple times. Our kids first concert was Carrie Underwood many years ago, and my girls LOVED her...still do!!

We also have done concerts on Broadway in Nashville with assorted artist, Grand Ole Opry, the Ryman... any country fan should try and do those someday, our kids also enjoyed them!

Our local radio station does big anniversary concerts with lots of artists and we used to go to those too....

And before we so big into country we have seen Elton John, Billy Joel, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf, ... (i feel like I'm not dating myself...lol) The one concert I never made it to when I was younger that I would have loved is BonJovi.
Meatloaf is on my bucket list and so is going to Nashville. Our local radio has the same kind of concert every summer, but to be honest, I have never been. I am not an all day, outside concert person. My attention span is too short for that.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Meatloaf is on my bucket list and so is going to Nashville. Our local radio has the same kind of concert every summer, but to be honest, I have never been. I am not an all day, outside concert person. My attention span is too short for that.
Some of my girlfriends and I saw Meatloaf about 20 years ago. That was a fun show!!! We had to drive about 2 1/2 hrs each way and that road trip was almost as fun as the show!

If you like country, you might like Mumford and Sons a lot. They have a kind of folk rock, guitar heavy sound.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Some of my girlfriends and I saw Meatloaf about 20 years ago. That was a fun show!!! We had to drive about 2 1/2 hrs each way and that road trip was almost as fun as the show!

If you like country, you might like Mumford and Sons a lot. They have a kind of folk rock, guitar heavy sound.
I bet that was fun.

I will have to check out Mumford and Sons too. Thanks.