Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-25-2021, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 06/25

We are experiencing record breaking temps here in BC Canada this wk, carrying through the wkend to over 100° which almost never happens around here. So...I think the fun facts should be all about "weather" this wk.
  1. What were the temps this wk in your area?
  2. What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter?
  3. What is your fave season for temps and why?
  4. What is your fave attire for summer and winter?
  5. Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season?
Old 06-25-2021, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What were the temps this wk in your area?
We are in the high 80's, creeping into the 90's and then over 100 for the wkend. Yikes, that is really hot for us BC'ers on the west coast.

What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter?
I like moderate temps, winter is ok around 40 and summer under 80.

What is your fave season for temps and why?
I love fall, the warm days, cooler nights. Wearing scarves and sweaters and making lots of comfort meals, plus taking tons of outdoor pics, is what fall means to me.

What is your fave attire for summer and winter?
Summer is runners, flipflops or sandals and capris/rolled up jeans with a t-shirt. In the winter I like to bundle up in a hat and scarf with comfy boots on to go hiking around the neighborhood with the dogs and my camera. I almost never use an umbrella b/c it's impossible to hold with 2 dogs with me.

Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season? I always photograph the fall beauty around here but tend to forget to take scenery shots during other seasons. I am looking at getting another camera that will make it easier to grab and sling over my shoulder when I am out so I think I'll get more outdoor seasonal shots then.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What were the temps this wk in your area? We were in the low 80s and 70s with humid conditions and scattered rain. We're really getting a soaking today and the weather people say we could get 6 inches by the time this system moves out next week. We need the rain but it's a lot at one time.

What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter? My ideal summer is 74 degrees and about 28 for winter (cold enough for snow but not bitter cold).
What is your fave season for temps and why? I love fall. It's getting cooler, the fall colors are beautiful and it's generally not too rainy. My sweatshirts come out. It's jeans weather again and I can turn off the a/c.

What is your fave attire for summer and winter? Summer is tshirts and shorts and sandals. Winter is sweatshirts and jeans or some kind of comfy pants. Working from home is all about the comfy clothes now.

Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season? Not so much the neighborhood but I do take pics of the yard - flowers, fall colors, fresh snow. Or scenery if we go hiking.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What were the temps this wk in your area? We are in the mid to upper 90s feels like 100+. Typical summer heat here. It is pretty dry so not too bad.
What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter? I would prefer 80s but that doesn't happen here. Winter I am happy with 60s...LOL It rarely gets super cold here...I freeze at anything below 50.
What is your fave season for temps and why? I like fall although we don't really have fall but by November temps are more in the 70s
What is your fave attire for summer and winter? I wear jean shorts and tank/flip flops almost year round. As it cools I have jeans and a sweater, boots
Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season? I don't but should...I got photos of our snow this past year since it is the first in 30 yrs. LOL
Old 06-26-2021, 12:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We aren't far from you Rae & while this last week wasn't too crazy- next week is supposed to be all time highs everyday! Like 110°! Currently we are in Kennewick, WA for a softball tournament & the director moved games to early & late in the day so the kids don't suffer too terribly in the 100+ Temps. So far the coaches & umps have been very careful with water breaks & keeping close eyes on all the girls!

I'm a low 80's gal for sure. Hot enough to enjoy but then cool mornings & evenings! In the winter I like cold & snowy! But in the upper 20's- none of that sub zero or windchill stuff!

Fall in the PNW is just beautiful! I love the cooler evenings & always such pretty sunsets!

Tank & shorts in the summer & sweatshirt & leggings in the winter. All about comfort! Lol

Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season?
Yes- usually sunsets, lake views (from the lakehouse in the summer) and pretty snow pics in the winter!
Old 06-26-2021, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had an interesting week. It started off nice and cool with temps in the low 80's. We took advantage of that and got some yard work done. The rest of the week was warmer, but still in the low 90's. Right now it is 75 out at almost 1pm after a rain this morning. The next week we are looking at lots of rain and highs in the low to mid 80's. This is pretty unusual for us. It is usually hot and super humid!

In the summer it is more about humidity. I can tolerate heat, I grew up in AZ. Its the humidity with the heat that kills me. The other day it was 80 degrees with 76% humidity and my app said it 'feels like' 92 degrees. That is the kind of combo outside my comfort zone. In the winter it is is more about whether I see the sun or not than the temp. I can deal with the super cold weather as long as I can see some sun! Although, this year we had extreme lows and it wasn't good for our livestock. So while its not outside my personal comfort zone, for the animals, I prefer it not to get below 20 degrees or above 95.

Fall! Our spring and fall temps are similar, but I like how the air feels cool after a hot summer. The transition always makes me so much happier than when things warm up in the spring for some reason.

Winter - oversized sweaters and leggings
Summer - athletic shorts and t-shirts or tank tops or sundresses

Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season?
I don't have a neighborhood. I live in the country. I take pictures but I can't say I do it specifically because I'm documenting seasons. I should pick a focal point and start taking some seasonal pics to see how that changes.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What were the temps this wk in your area? We had record heat here, too. Normally June is cool in the 80s, but we had multiple days at or over 100.
What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter? I like high 80s on days off and 70 for work days. In the winter, I want it much warmer than it is here.
What is your fave season for temps and why? Summer. I like warm
What is your fave attire for summer and winter? I love living in joggers and a hoodie
Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season? I photograph my family
Old 06-26-2021, 03:06 PM
Banned

profile gallery

What were the temps this wk in your area? Pretty normal for this time of year - mid-upper 80s
What is your comfort zone for temps in the summer and winter? I like warmer temps in the summer as long as it's not too humid. Warm enough that a swim feels cool, but not so warm I'm sweating constantly. I don't mind colder winter temps, but I hate when it's right at the freezing point and everything gets icy!
What is your fave season for temps and why? I like all of the seasons, but winter is my lease favorite
What is your fave attire for summer and winter? Summer is definitely a nice, light dress and sandals. Winter is a nice comfy sweater and jeans!
Do you photograph your neighborhood during each season? Yes! I enjoy taking landscape photos the most and I love to capture the sights in our neighborhood and in the city as well as when we travel.