Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney Question

I'm going to be heading down to Florida next week and I've got a quick question about Disney I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I was looking at a few websites and saw mentions that the first week of November Disney takes down their Halloween decoration and puts up the Christmas decorations. I've always wanted to see Disney decorated for Christmas.

We're going to be in Sarasota from 11/5 - 12. I'm wondering if it's worth it to pester the family to take the drive to Orlando and spend a day at Disney the end of the. Does anyone know if the Christmas decorations would be up by then?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Julia,

I found this....

Christmas Decorations

Christmas decorations at the Walt Disney World Resort usually begin going up around the first of November. The decorations are gradually added at night and are substantially complete at Magic Kingdom by the time of the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (in 2013, that is November 8), with the resorts and other parks completed by the day after Thanksgiving.

The decorations usually start coming down after January 3.

The Disney resorts are all decorated for the holidays, as are the theme parks. Each theme park will have an enormous decorated Christmas tree and so will the Deluxe resort lobbies.

at mousesavers.com. Hope it helps you make your decision. It is beautiful at Christmas...my family went several years ago and was very impressed.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would definitely make the trip and we are not that far from Sarasota honestly. I think it would be worth the drive. It is really beautiful at Christmas <3
Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks. We'll be in Florida when they do the first Mickey Christmas Party so it looks like it'll be a good time. This is something I've wanted to do but hadn't thought Disney would be decorated in early November. I guess when my cousin asks what we want to do when we get there (we're staying with him and his partner), I'll be telling him I want to go to Magic Kingdom.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Aww I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas. I bet it is going to a gorgeous thing to see!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all the advice. We ended going to Disney for the day last Monday so I got to see all the Christmas decorations. We were actually supposed to go on Friday (11/8) but when I called to order the tickets for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, they were sold out leaving last Monday as the only other day during vacation that they were doing it. I'm so glad we went.

Here's one of the layouts that I've done with photos from that night:

Last edited by JuliaM; 11-21-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes it is def worth taking the trip to see. In fact its a family tradition of ours to go to Disney the weekend after Thanksgiving to see the decorations.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aww... great page and photo!! When I was prego with my son - 7 years ago, I was down in Orlando for training and DH flew down to meet me and this is one of the items that the guys in my training said we must do... that was one of the coolest things we did! In fact, next year are thinking of meeting up with a homeschooling disney trip and it's in November... good to know that the Christmas decor will be up then!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks. I'm so glad we did it but....it just makes me want to do it again. *LOL*