Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2023, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default DSD Activity

I have always looked forward to DSD, and have been known to turn down going places and doing things with family and friends during the event - (not always, but it's happened a few times!) I like to get up early and take the challenges head on, ticking them off one by one. I love that SSD offers a mix of scrapping AND forum challenges during DSD.

So I'm curious ...

Do you dive right in? Or do you shop first and then hit up the challenges?

Do you try to complete as many challenges as possible? Or do you pick out your favorites and participate in those along?

Which sort of challenges do you love the most?
Old 10-07-2023, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try to do the easier challenges first and the scrapping challenges last. My least favorite is the scavenger hunt because my eyes just aren't what they used to be, so I'm not sure if I'll tackle that or not.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

The first weekend of the month is generally a working weekend for me, so I don't get a chance to do the challenges and such ever. Sad.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have an official action plan. I usually do my shopping first. I like having the new things to play with if I have time to complete a challenge.

After that I just start reading the challenges and jumping in where I have time.

I like all the variety of challenges. I like pushing myself to do things outside my normal comfort zone. I stink at the "name the scrapper" game, but I always love seeing the beautiful pages and then finding out who created them.

Old 10-08-2023, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun question Jill!
During a long time I did my shopping first and start to play games after and then absolutely want to have a blackout. I honestly feel totally stressed at the end.

This year I do totally differently, I start with the easy games for me. I enjoy playing, chatting with some other member and feel well. Then I did (too much) shopping quietly.
I came back to the games that ask me more time and choose the one I wanted to do.
I enjoy scavenger hunt a lot, love chain, the one with ideas for ToT challenges and all the easy one.
I’m super slow scrapper so won’t do all the scrap challenges even if I would like but I feel right with this. I love scrapbook recipe, the one with scraplift yourself a old layout, the beautiful card by Lorie and the cute gnome by Wendy and so much more.
I started a layout this afternoon and hope to finish tomorrow.
I won’t have a blackout but I feel far better than stressing out to finish on time.
So I realize I truly enjoy this DSD weekend without any pressure.
I hope you have a great DSD weekend too!
Old 10-09-2023, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I find I don't scrap much during an event like DSD, because i would rather play the games or do some shopping. So, I tend not to do the scrapping challenges.

I like the challenges, games etc starting as early as Friday since that is a better day for me to get on the computer!

I miss speed scraps! Those were always so much fun (at other sites, not sure SSD has ever done speed scraps). They were a fun way to actually "talk" to each other in the moment and build those friendships! I remember setting an alarm on a Sat morning to get up early and participate in a speed scrap, also getting to "talk" to my friends.

I could have done more challenges this weekend to complete close to Black out, but I couldn't have done a blackout based on my current scrapping budget (I couldn't spend $20). So I actually just did the bare minimum on the Bingo card since I knew I couldn't get a blackout. Sometimes I wish there was not a shopping square, since it does limit who can actually do or complete the cards. I don't want to be judged based on how much my scrapping budget came to, but that is what I feel can happen.

Maybe get rid of the Bingo cards, and do it more like the monthly challenges, where you have to complete so many to earn prizes. Putting the link to your reply to a thread for your tracking.

My family is "warned" ahead of time that it is a scrapping weekend, and I'm glad that this weekend worked out for me to play along.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do the challenges first one by one. I do the easiest first, then do the scrapping ones. I usually try to do them all.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like to tackle a few of the harder challenges and get them out of the way first, then can relax and dive into the others.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you dive right in? Or do you shop first and then hit up the challenges? Shop first, love the mojo burst from new on sale goodies.

Do you try to complete as many challenges as possible? Or do you pick out your favorites and participate in those along? Easiest ones first and then the scrapping ones.

Which sort of challenges do you love the most? I love the scavenger hunts and the count how many element ones. Scrapping challenges are also always fun.