Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2023, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default October 20 -- National Chicken & Waffles Day

It's National Chicken & Waffles day today! Who knew?!

Have you tried C&W? Do you love it?

We saw a C&W food truck a few weeks ago while in Moab, but didn't have time to try anything, but wish we would have. Sadly, where we live, food trucks aren't really a thing.

Do you have food trucks near you?
Do you frequent them?
What sort of food truck yummies draw you in?
Old 10-20-2023, 10:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol it almost feels like the US has national days for everything hahaha
I didn't knew it was a thing
Old 10-20-2023, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Being a good Southern girl (old lady lol)) I love chicken n waffles! Yummy!

Our apartment complex has a food truck night once a month. Its only a couple of trucks but they are usually good. Our city has food truck nights at a local shopping area and park combo usually once twice a month.

I do love something fancy and exotic to try though. I have not eaten at a food truck for awhile, though. I
Old 10-20-2023, 11:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
This is how my husband reacts when I tell him about DSD or NSD lol

Old 10-20-2023, 11:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have had chicken & waffles at a restaurant, but never at a food truck - we have a few food trucks, but nothing really good, they're all grilled cheese or fries, nothing cool lol

Old 10-20-2023, 12:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Do you have food trucks near you? Tons of them
Do you frequent them? My son is a big fan and wants them at his graduation party
What sort of food truck yummies draw you in? unique and vegetarian
Old 10-20-2023, 01:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I do love it! It has to be done well tho- homemade waffle with yummy crispy fried chicken. We went to a 'foofy' (what my husband calls restaurants with crazy or fancy menus/ingredients) restaurant and we had a fancy version of C&W and it was amazing! The maple glaze on top was to die for & tied home the whole sweet/salty/soft/crunchy thing!

Some, but not always in the same spots and hit/miss on quality of food. We were in the Tricities a few weekends ago for a softball tournament and we went to a team dinner at this place that has tons of food trucks, with lots of tables and it was SO perfect! I wish we had somewhere like that here! https://thehubkennewick.com/
Old 10-20-2023, 02:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
LOL neither did I until I Googled it!! Yes, I think there is probably "something" for every day of the year!!
Old 10-20-2023, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
Being a good Southern girl (old lady lol)) I love chicken n waffles! Yummy!

Our apartment complex has a food truck night once a month. Its only a couple of trucks but they are usually good. Our city has food truck nights at a local shopping area and park combo usually once twice a month.

I do love something fancy and exotic to try though. I have not eaten at a food truck for awhile, though. I
So cool that your complex has food trucks once a month! That's a great way to try new things!!
Old 10-20-2023, 02:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I have had chicken & waffles at a restaurant, but never at a food truck - we have a few food trucks, but nothing really good, they're all grilled cheese or fries, nothing cool lol
The FEW food trucks in our county are like that Trina, it's like carnival food, not "real" food - lol.
Old 10-20-2023, 02:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Do you have food trucks near you? Tons of them
Do you frequent them? My son is a big fan and wants them at his graduation party
What sort of food truck yummies draw you in? unique and vegetarian
It would be fun to have them at a graduation party!
Old 10-20-2023, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Yes! I do love it! It has to be done well tho- homemade waffle with yummy crispy fried chicken. We went to a 'foofy' (what my husband calls restaurants with crazy or fancy menus/ingredients) restaurant and we had a fancy version of C&W and it was amazing! The maple glaze on top was to die for & tied home the whole sweet/salty/soft/crunchy thing!

Some, but not always in the same spots and hit/miss on quality of food. We were in the Tricities a few weekends ago for a softball tournament and we went to a team dinner at this place that has tons of food trucks, with lots of tables and it was SO perfect! I wish we had somewhere like that here! https://thehubkennewick.com/
The C&W sounds yummy!! The Kennewick food trucks sounds awesome! When in Moab, they had a food truck court, all kinds of different menus, it was really cool!
Old 10-20-2023, 04:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a fan of fried chicken (I know...how unAmerican of me ), so no, C&W is not for me There's a pretty popular place in CA called Roscoe's that everyone loves.

Do you have food trucks near you? We have lots of food trucks here. There are actually two "food truck parks" where a bunch of trucks congregate. It's the end of the season now, because they don't really come out in the winter.

Do you frequent them? I love food trucks! We don't frequent them as much as I would like.

What sort of food truck yummies draw you in? I'm game for almost anything! I recently tried a wood-fired pizza truck that I've been following since we moved 6 years ago. It was SO good! One of my favorites is a fish & chips food truck near us called the Kilted Cod. Yum!
Old 10-20-2023, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm not a fan of fried chicken (I know...how unAmerican of me ), so no, C&W is not for me There's a pretty popular place in CA called Roscoe's that everyone loves.

Do you have food trucks near you? We have lots of food trucks here. There are actually two "food truck parks" where a bunch of trucks congregate. It's the end of the season now, because they don't really come out in the winter.

Do you frequent them? I love food trucks! We don't frequent them as much as I would like.

What sort of food truck yummies draw you in? I'm game for almost anything! I recently tried a wood-fired pizza truck that I've been following since we moved 6 years ago. It was SO good! One of my favorites is a fish & chips food truck near us called the Kilted Cod. Yum!
I'm not a big fried chicken fan either, but always open to try something new and chicken with waffles has me intrigued.

We actually had wood fired pizza in Moab from the food truck and it was delish!
Old 10-22-2023, 11:39 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Waffle has always been a dessert for me, so I have never tried them with chicken. I am not sure I want to try it either though... but, maybe, if the opportunity ever comes.

Sadly, the only truck that comes to our community, when it relates to food is the vegetables and fruit sellers. They come at least twice a week, Tuesday and Saturday. I love that we get to get some fresh produces in lower prices than the supermarket just a few minutes walk from our home, especially when the weather is friendly.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never tried it. I'm usually one to try new combos but this just doesn't call out to me. Maybe because I don't love fried chicken? It seems like it would be dry but I guess I'll have to try it now to see lol.
We have some great food trucks in our area. When we were in the office, we used to have about one come every week - might be lunch, might be mini donuts, might be coffee and pastries, might be ice cream bars. So many tasty treats!! My favorite was a Greek one that had the most amazing lamb kebob pita wrap sandwiches. We have a big park that did food truck Fridays. We didn't get to go as often as I would have liked but the variety was amazing. Just a bit on the pricey side.