Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
LOL.. I tried to love it! One of the things I hate about the iphone is the stupid home button, it's always acting quirky. My itouch has never had any issues. None, and it's been through the ringer and back! Maybe cause I use my phone a LOT.. lol

I don't hate the iphone, it just wasn't for me. It shocks my friends because they know how much of an apple product lover I am!
i am on my phone about 80% of the day, it's sort of pathetic. i think you might've gotten a faulty phone. seriously. i hit the home button about 400 times a day and it's never acted weird.

too funny that you shock all your friends. i was shocked and we just met. hi, btw.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd marry my iPhone if I could.

Michael has both and prefers his iphone over his work phone by far. He's always cursing at the droid or whatever it is.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

thanks for all the responses!! Who knew you all were so passionate about your phones! As coming from someone who does not have a cell phone, I don't quite get that, but I'm sure I will in a few months!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i was never a "on my phone" kinda girl before my iPhone.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have had my phone a year this october? is that when the 4s came out? before that we had an ancient phone..

wtheck did i do before it? seriously!

julie you will love having it! it is nice having the freedom to just be away when you want and not having to worry about missing emails and such too

I just got instagram last week.. again I'm always late to the party <3 do it for that! haha
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i am on my phone about 80% of the day, it's sort of pathetic. i think you might've gotten a faulty phone. seriously. i hit the home button about 400 times a day and it's never acted weird.

too funny that you shock all your friends. i was shocked and we just met. hi, btw.
Hi Lizzy, nice to meet you! :-)

Sadly I know Im not the only one with a faulty iPhone, I think it's an issue Apple really should work on. I have done lots of googling about it and I see many complaints about it. My neighbor just replaced hers with a droid, because her home button went bonkers and quit working all together. My brother had the same issue on his just about two weeks ago, but he loves his iphone so much that he replaced it with another iPhone.

I love the design, or what apparently is going to be the design, of the new iphone 5 coming out. I like the shape/style of it much more than the current iphone.

I shouldn't ever say I will never go back to iphone.. anything is possible I suppose. LOL!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I have had my phone a year this october? is that when the 4s came out? before that we had an ancient phone..

wtheck did i do before it? seriously!

julie you will love having it! it is nice having the freedom to just be away when you want and not having to worry about missing emails and such too

I just got instagram last week.. again I'm always late to the party <3 do it for that! haha
Shhhhh don't tell anyone, I don't have instagram yet, so I'm late to the party as well.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Instagram people, get on it. It's so fun!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My hubby's Home button has started to act weird for him, too. But, he LOVES his iPhone, so he'll just get a new one when he's ready. His work should pay for him to get a new one, so we won't have to pick up the tab on that one. He's funny, though. He really loves his iPhone 4. He would rather buy me a new iPhone 5 when they come out and take my 4 than get himself a 4S or a 5. Yeah, he's funny.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i was never a "on my phone" kinda girl before my iPhone.
Ditto! The actual phone part is just for emergencies.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
Ditto! The actual phone part is just for emergencies.
Whoaa wait a moment here... you mean these things actually have PHONE??!!

hehe :-)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Seriously?? I want to live in America!! The iPhone 4S costs 649 € here. That's 815 dollars. It will never go to $50 and we've never heard of a $1 phone!
I paid 530 € for my Samsung Galaxy S3 ($665) and that was the cheapest I could find. Booo, it's not fair!
Oh, sorry, that's the prices with a 2-year contract! You'd pay as much here as you would there without a contract!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm just glad to know I"m not the last one without a smart phone. I'm geting an iphone this month and cannot wait! Although, maybe I should wait another month to save some money on the 4s.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis View Post
I'm just glad to know I"m not the last one without a smart phone. I'm geting an iphone this month and cannot wait! Although, maybe I should wait another month to save some money on the 4s.
Personally, I'd wait. I mean, unless your super anxious or needing it right away, lol. I hate waiting for my new gadgets!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
I'd marry my iPhone if I could.
Word. I'm pretty sure there's some debate here about who I actually love more.

My family is split 50/50 between iPhones and Android and everyone seems to like the phone they have so I think it's partly just what you're used to more than anything. My parents upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S III a few weeks ago and they seem to like it. I thought it seemed ginormous. But it's definitely a bit of a personal preference so maybe play around with both and see. My vote would be for an iPhone though.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have dealt with a Window based Galaxy (well, technically, it was my son's, but I didn't like it), an Android based LG (piece of CRAP - kept freezing, losing information, blacking out - but according to my service provider & LG, nothing was wrong with it), and of course, my iPhone4.

I will never use anything BUT an iPhone now!! Definitely the most user friendly, and I have never had a single issue with the phone itself. Hubby and I both have one, he will be upgrading to the 5 when it comes out & I will take his larger 4 (mine is the 16GB, his is the 32GB), and then upgrade mine later.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm andriod only because of the price difference here - I am on prepay and can't go onto a plan at all. The phone I have cost me $99 and it's an ok phone not great where as an iphone I am looking at over $1000 which is essentially what my laptop costs.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had droid phone originally and then when I upgraded I got an Iphone 4s and I will have to say I miss my android phone. There are many wonderful features on the iphone but there are some android apps that are just not available for it that I sorely miss like Swype and the google navigation (the one on the iphone is nothing compared to the one on the android phone). I have a few other friends who also did the similar change (android to iphone) and they sometimes wish they had stayed with the android family.

I guess in the end you should go and look and see what works best for you. You will love your new smartphone regardless of which you choose - that I guarantee!!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

my first smartphone's a g s2 then gave it to my mom and hubby surprised me with an iphone 4s. hmmm ease of use i'd say the iphone. but i don't have anything bad to say with samsung galaxy, though i loved my samsung galaxy too.

htc is droid too, right? coz my best friend has a htc sens (?) and it's pretty cool as well...but it's bigger in size..
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm an iPhone lover too! I started with the iPhone 3, went to 3G and now I have the 4s! .

I'm not sure I'll get 5, maybe the one after that as the 4s is a 2 year contract so isn't up until July 2013.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=d2vasquez;1028272]I had droid phone originally and then when I upgraded I got an Iphone 4s and I will have to say I miss my android phone. There are many wonderful features on the iphone but there are some android apps that are just not available for it that I sorely miss like Swype and the google navigation (the one on the iphone is nothing compared to the one on the android phone). I have a few other friends who also did the similar change (android to iphone) and they sometimes wish they had stayed with the android family.

I missed navigation too and a friend told me about the app called mapquest, its free and does just like the android navigation. Try that you might fall in love with it.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

If you buy a Samsung phone, apparently it's the same thing as an iPhone......at least according to the jury in CA.

I love my Android phone. We have the HTC One S. I have an iPod touch, a Macbook and a Mac desktop. I would buy an iPhone in a heartbeat but we've been with T-Mobile forever and they gave us such a good deal to stay that we couldn't justify the $1000 difference it would have been to switch to an iPhone.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Lukasmummy Send a message via MSN to Lukasmummy Send a message via Yahoo to Lukasmummy

I have the S2 when we went to buy it I wanted the iphone, the shop assistant convinced me the S2 was a better option and I am so glad she did, saved me the upfront fee and it's cheaper a month, hubby upgraded his to an S2 (well he upgraded his to a white one and I convinced him to have my black one and let me have the white one lol). Hugs Crystal xx
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just looking at phones on Friday and I am going with a Samsung Note or a Galexy S III. I like the fact that I can add more memory to it without buying a whole new phone. I keep phones for a long time. My current one is a Samsung, flip phone from 2008. I just have not felt the need to upgrade until now.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
I was just looking at phones on Friday and I am going with a Samsung Note or a Galexy S III. I like the fact that I can add more memory to it without buying a whole new phone. I keep phones for a long time. My current one is a Samsung, flip phone from 2008. I just have not felt the need to upgrade until now.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Note!! It's big but you get used to it and talking on it isn't weird or anything! I adore it!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My dad has a note and right after I got my Samsung Galaxy S III, we were comparing them. For a moment I regretted I didn't get a note. The camera's are the same in both, and that was my major reason for getting the S III. I love his big screen and I admit, I use my phone a lot while sitting on the couch, I wouldn't have minded a bigger screen. (We don't have a tablet. If you do have one, you might as well get the SIII) I also love the pen (stylus), right now my fingers are often too fat, lol. Like when I browse the forum here and I want to go to a certain page of a thread! I need to zoom in really close to be spot on!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Note!! It's big but you get used to it and talking on it isn't weird or anything! I adore it!
Well, the sales person we were talking to had a Note and I put it in my pocket and it is big, but it still fits in my shorts pocket. Do you have an otterbox or case for it? Does that add the bulk?

Truly I am torn between the 2.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Well, the sales person we were talking to had a Note and I put it in my pocket and it is big, but it still fits in my shorts pocket. Do you have an otterbox or case for it? Does that add the bulk?

Truly I am torn between the 2.
I do not have an Otterbox on it. I have one of the cheapies from Amazon. Right now i have THIS one it in that blue color. I had a hot pink one just like it on and I dropped my phone on my driveway, which is paved, and the case cracked, but my phone was fine so it did it's job!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I just got the Samsung. My phone broke, and I was all set to wait for the iphone 5, but after talking with the mobile phone guy (who is a total iphone guy), we decided that the Samsung met my needs the best. The reason is that I use my phone to download digital scrapbooking zip files because I have a limit on my satellite internet usage. Transferring the files from an iphone to my PC was going to be a pain because I have no intention of going through itunes.

My son has the iphone 4s, and he is having trouble with the screen and the button, and something weird is going on with the messages. His friend has an iphone 4, and he is having the same type of problems. My son still loves his iphone because he has an ipad and ipod, and everything is compatiable. His friend, on the other hand, wishes he had not gotten his iphone because of compatibility issues- but I don't know what he is talking about.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
I do not have an Otterbox on it. I have one of the cheapies from Amazon. Right now i have THIS one it in that blue color. I had a hot pink one just like it on and I dropped my phone on my driveway, which is paved, and the case cracked, but my phone was fine so it did it's job!
oooh! that is much slimmer.

i'm still sooooooo torn between the two. :/ But both yours and Kim's points were valit. Plus I am a note writer. I have 2 pieces of paper in front of me for notes right now. if i could do this in my phone...sigh...that may be the deal breaker.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I'm on my 2nd iPhone, I upgraded to the 4S from the regular 3 a few months ago. I LOVED my iPhone 3, I wore that thing out, and I am constantly on my phone now. I've never used a different smart phone, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I'll never buy anything else unless the quality of the iPhones goes down.

I also couldn't hold out for the 5, my 3 was starting to lock up because I had too much stuff on it LOL. I was due for an upgrade anyway.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If people are having problems with the home button not working you CAN get that replaced. I took mine just a few weeks ago to a place in town that does work on iphones/ipads and paid about $60 to have it replaced. Im giving the phone to my kids when I upgrade to it was worth it to me to get it fixed.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
oooh! that is much slimmer.

i'm still sooooooo torn between the two. :/ But both yours and Kim's points were valit. Plus I am a note writer. I have 2 pieces of paper in front of me for notes right now. if i could do this in my phone...sigh...that may be the deal breaker.
The way you can write notes while talking on the phone and things is soooo awesome!! Just pull out the pen and double tap anywhere to take a screen shot of whatever you are doing to take notes on a specific page..or just pull up the note program. Everything is so handy! I watched all the videos on the Samsung Note site before deciding to buy it and they totally sold me! It has so many awesome functions! Hubby wants the other one you are looking at too. Both are great phones!