Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Pregnant ladies check in!

We had a lot of ssd ladies pregnant but I lost track.....
I have five more weeks to go and I am feeling great. My maternity leave started last week (16 weeks in Holland) and I even have two more weeks. No more working for me untill November! Today I have a professional belly shoot together with Eric. I am so excited!

How is everyone doing?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm 23 weeks and 1 day. Feeling pretty good, sick of the gallbladder pain. At my 20 week appointment I hadn't gained an ounce since getting pregnant.

I'm shooting a wedding today in this 90 degree heat, hope I survive.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Awwwww I miss being able to check in on these threads! Maybe I should start a "SSD babies" thread to make up for it! LOL

Glad you're both doing well!! Does it feel like it's going fast for you guys?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Awwwww I miss being able to check in on these threads! Maybe I should start a "SSD babies" thread to make up for it! LOL

Glad you're both doing well!! Does it feel like it's going fast for you guys?
Yes, time flies. I still remember asking for some ssd water and now I am almost due. And I don't want to miss a thing. As my husband only wants one child this might be my last pregnancy. I am really going to miss the kickings inside. But I am also curious about how my child looks...a few more weeks of enjoying kicks and being patient.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My first check-in ! This little one was a pleasant surprise to us! I can't believe I'm going to have 2 so close in age again. I've been having some intermittent m/s but nothing too awful. Lena has affectionately dubbed this baby, Cinco and it has kind of stuck LOL. I'm due Feb 8th !

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I am 18 1/2 weeks and feeling great. I am amazed by how much I am showing...my tummy muscles just aren't the same this third time around. The boys are excited. We aren't going to find out what we are having - so it will be a big surprise in the end. I am due November 29th, but have to have a section which they like to do at 39 weeks -- which is...Thanksgiving Day! I'm not sure how that will all work out!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Glad everything is going well for you ladies!!
I am in my 37th week now and my C section has been scheduled for the 10th of July for now bcos of gestational diabetes. But this may change depending on how the baby is doing when I go for my CTG test on Tuesday. Some new complication is cropping up every week. Last week I was diagnosed with gestational cholestasis and two days later I contracted the flu and had to really keep the temp in check. Luckily the little one seems to be doing great which is all that matters.
This pregnancy has been different from my previous one in every way and I have reached a point where I am tired of being pregnant.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sugi, I had gestational diabetes with all three of my pregnancies and it's really hard. I'm sorry that you're struggling and I can't wait to see your little one come July 10!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am not sure what type of diabetes you are referring to, but I have what they call pregnancy diabetes. So I am on a diet with low sugar for the last 10 weeks. I am so done with it! As it's getting tougher now, I just want to eat some chocolate or something, but I can't

My baby is not really big, but he can be if I don't stick to my diet. Ah and what are five more weeks on a whole life? This diet is done after I guve birth anyway.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not pregnant (hopefully soon though) but wanted to wish you all well!! I had borderline gestational diabetes with both girls and it is tough!! Can't wait to see all of your precious babies!!! And Tabatha!! Congrats to you - how exciting!! Love the nickname Cinco!!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
I am not sure what type of diabetes you are referring to, but I have what they call pregnancy diabetes.
Leontine, it's the same thing.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am 28 weeks, and am really struggling this pregnancy has been so hard on me. I can hardly walk, and am pretty much only able to lay on my side most of the time. This is my 5th and I am almost positive will be my last. So we will hve 3 girls and 2 boys.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacsmom View Post
which is...Thanksgiving Day! I'm not sure how that will all work out!
I had a Thanksgiving baby. Spent the holiday in the hospital At the time it wasn't a big deal, and for the most part it still isn't. I do wish his bday was a little farther from Christmas - I tend to divide his gifts. I do it in my head - get him this for bday and this for Christmas. It can get stressful (for me) trying to keep all the relatives happy and not forget that he gets a birthday in the middle of everything (I have monsters for inlaws), but now that we don't live near to anyone, it's a LOT less stressful Also - sometimes his bday lands after (or on the day of) Day After Thanksgiving sales, so that can be convenient if you wanna get something big. We got his first toddler bed on Black Friday - saved a chunk

Oh this reminded me - I actually did a layout about it, lol - it pretty much says the same things I just said, but it's HERE if you wanna see
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugirox View Post
my C section has been scheduled for the 10th of July for now bcos of gestational diabetes. .
by the way 10th of July is an amazing day just saying

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Jen, for me a little too early.....
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugirox View Post
Glad everything is going well for you ladies!!
I am in my 37th week now and my C section has been scheduled for the 10th of July for now bcos of gestational diabetes. But this may change depending on how the baby is doing when I go for my CTG test on Tuesday. Some new complication is cropping up every week. Last week I was diagnosed with gestational cholestasis and two days later I contracted the flu and had to really keep the temp in check. Luckily the little one seems to be doing great which is all that matters.
This pregnancy has been different from my previous one in every way and I have reached a point where I am tired of being pregnant.
Do you have to have a c-section with gestational diabetes in America?
Because I am having no c-section planned.....so I still want a normal labor and if I have a say in it without any medicins.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have two siblings who were born on Thanksgiving. Luckily their birthdays are two days apart. My sister was born earlier in the day, so a family friend brought my mom dinner. My brother was born at 11pm ish so we always joke that he wanted to eat his turkey dinner before being born.

Nicole, that's how my 2nd pregnancy was. Have they checked you for anemia? The extra iron gave me more energy, but only after a month of taking it, and by then I was in the 3rd trimester. I had more energy my 3rd trimester than my 2nd though. I pretty much slept through the first half. The good news is that I felt instantly better after having her. I couldn't believe how well I felt!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Because I am having no c-section planned.....so I still want a normal labor and if I have a say in it without any medicins.

I think that's only if the baby gets too large is why the do a c-section or if they're worried about mom. I don't think its something they do all the time.

I've never had gestational diabetes, my test for this one is next week.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I think that's only if the baby gets too large is why the do a c-section or if they're worried about mom. I don't think its something they do all the time.

I've never had gestational diabetes, my test for this one is next week.
I have a new ultrasound tomorrow to see how he's grown the last four weeks. Uptill now he wasn't too big at all, even too small. No he's average....luckily.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My C is for a couple of other reasons too. Though I have been able to keep my GD under control with diet my bile salts are all haywire. So my C section has been further brought forward to the 6th. The main reason for it being a C is because I had a surgery a little more than a year back to remove some fibroids and my gynae had to take out quite a chuck of my uterine wall. So given that history and the recent complications she thinks a C is a better option.
My first was a natural birth without any medications and I loved that experience!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
No you don't have to have a C-section, only if complications occur. One of my close friends had gestational diabetes with her last two and the first was natural delivery. Her most recent (May) baby they had to take at 37 weeks because the cord was wrapped around her neck and causing decreased heart rate and that's why that was a cesearean. Otherwise, it would have been another natural delivery.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I'm 28 weeks tomorrow...my EDD is 9/26 and since both of my previous children were born on or a day after their due dates, I'm assuming this one will be pretty close too. My b-day is four days later so depending on when she comes, I may spend my b-day in the hospital lol. My mom's b-day is the 14th, too, so I'm hoping for somewhere in between actually like the 22nd lol, but we'll see. Feeling okay, just starting to gain water weight so I'm watching my sodium and water intake.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
I have two siblings who were born on Thanksgiving. Luckily their birthdays are two days apart. My sister was born earlier in the day, so a family friend brought my mom dinner. My brother was born at 11pm ish so we always joke that he wanted to eat his turkey dinner before being born.

Nicole, that's how my 2nd pregnancy was. Have they checked you for anemia? The extra iron gave me more energy, but only after a month of taking it, and by then I was in the 3rd trimester. I had more energy my 3rd trimester than my 2nd though. I pretty much slept through the first half. The good news is that I felt instantly better after having her. I couldn't believe how well I felt!
My oldest son's b-day is on the 19th of November and them my other son's is the 14th of December so with Christmas and Thanksgiving, too, it's a busy time of year. Not to mention an expensive time of year because of gift-giving. This one is due in September so at least we'll have a little break in the action, but not much.