Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-30-2021, 02:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default A Pick Me Up

I know it is only Wednesday, but this week has been kicking my butt and the 4th of July is the anniversary of my father's death, so I am a feeling a little blue. I hate being sad and most days I choose happiness, but right now, I need a little help.

To help pick me up, will you all share something positive that has happened to you this week or something that you are looking forward coming up this weekend. If there is a sweet or cute photo involved, please feel free to include it. I especially love puppies and kitties.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Our pool will be here tomorrow and the landscapers will be too. So I am hoping by this weekend the pool we promised kiddo before Covid hit and sold them all out early last year will finally be ready. Plus we always have a big potluck/fireworks lighting day with our neighbors on the 4th. It's so much fun.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

so sorry that this upcoming weekend is not a happy one for you.

Happy news from me is I dropped off the paperwork for my return to work plan to be completed. We have opened up more stores from lockdown and I went in to Old Navy, scored some pretty good deals on things I didn't need but wanted (life is short, closets are all mine).

I am toying with treating myself to a little getaway to Halifax in August, but just haven't pulled the trigger as it is impulsive me that says 'just throw it on your credit card and worry about it in September', but trying to be responsible me says 'you have zero balance, you don't want put anything on it until you are back to work and collecting your regular paycheque'.........impulsive me says 'life is short, just do it, you deserve it'.....responsible me says 'sit on it for a few days'........oh the battle that is waging in my head right now, lol

As for puppy pictures that is very easy for me to do as that's all I take photos of, lol. Here is my sweet Harlow Grace smiling she is enjoying her new pool.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not sure if it's a good thing but my oldest got his driver's license Monday. The good part for sure though - I got a same day appointment at the Secretary of State and we were in and out in 20 minutes!
Other bright spot is the rain and humidity is moving out of the Great Lakes for a few days!
Old 06-30-2021, 08:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Our pool will be here tomorrow and the landscapers will be too. So I am hoping by this weekend the pool we promised kiddo before Covid hit and sold them all out early last year will finally be ready. Plus we always have a big potluck/fireworks lighting day with our neighbors on the 4th. It's so much fun.
How fun for all of you! I bet that kiddo will be in the pool all summer long.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post

Happy news from me is I dropped off the paperwork for my return to work plan to be completed. We have opened up more stores from lockdown and I went in to Old Navy, scored some pretty good deals on things I didn't need but wanted (life is short, closets are all mine).

I am toying with treating myself to a little getaway to Halifax in August, but just haven't pulled the trigger as it is impulsive me that says 'just throw it on your credit card and worry about it in September', but trying to be responsible me says 'you have zero balance, you don't want put anything on it until you are back to work and collecting your regular paycheque'.........impulsive me says 'life is short, just do it, you deserve it'.....responsible me says 'sit on it for a few days'........oh the battle that is waging in my head right now, lol

As for puppy pictures that is very easy for me to do as that's all I take photos of, lol. Here is my sweet Harlow Grace smiling she is enjoying her new pool.
OMG, your puppy totally made me smile. What a sweetheart! And she looks like she loves her pool.

I had to go look at the Old Navy site to see if I was going to give them a little bit of my money too. I did. You are a bad, read this as good, influence.

I totally get about the indecision and the battle in your head. Making a decision, especially when it involves money, is torturous for me. Life is short and we need to enjoy it while we can, but I tend to worry about things and can't enjoy the day to day if I am worrying about money stuff. After my husband died, the money stuff kept me awake at night, in fact that is when my insomnia started, and gave me a fear of opening the mail because it was always filled with bad news and overdue notices. Even though I sorted through all that and have not had anything overdue in a very long time, the memory remains.

I am confident you will make the right choice for yourself and feel good about it in the end. If you do take the trip, I will look forward to the photos. If you stay home, well, I will look forward to more puppy photos. One can never, ever have enough of those.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Not sure if it's a good thing but my oldest got his driver's license Monday. The good part for sure though - I got a same day appointment at the Secretary of State and we were in and out in 20 minutes!
Other bright spot is the rain and humidity is moving out of the Great Lakes for a few days!
Okay, 20 minutes for the DMV is amazing, so we will take it as a small victory! LOL

I know it is supposed to be moving out of our area as well and I can not wait. I have lost power so many times in the last week, I can't even count. Yesterday it was out for 5 hours at my house but across the street it was on. I find that completely irritating. But, bright spot, so far today, it has stayed on and not even flickered.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh my friend, so sorry you having it rough.. and especially heading towards Sunday. so much love sent your way.

it's been a pretty crappy week here too but something so wonderful happened the other day... our son has had a real rough time the last year and a half...too long to get into but suffice it to say... he's worked really really hard on himself to get where he is today...

he was a leader at a youth camp the last few days and he sent me this photo... it made me cry to see the joy and happiness on his face and in his eyes... it's been a long time between smiles like this.

Plus he's going for his first vaccine tomorrow and we can't wait

Old 06-30-2021, 11:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Great photo Jo! There is nothing harder than watching our children struggle, so when they start to come out on the other side, it is a ray of sunshine unlike any other. I am so happy that things are looking up for him, as as a result, you.

Good news on the vaccine. My son got his first shot yesterday. He was dragging his feel more than this mama liked and I finally told him that there were active cases at my work again and if I had to quarantine away from him because he was too lazy to drag himself to the CVS to get the shot, I was not going to be happy. He got the first one the same day, cause if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy. LOL
Old 06-30-2021, 11:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw Jo, I hear you with the teenagers. Hugs to you too Lorie on the loss of your Dad.

I've been making a conscious effort to connect better with my oldest. She's 17 now and in her last year of school. She's had some medical issues pop up this year (migraines, anxiety and some other things) etc, and is feeling the pressure about making a decision about next year. We talk more openly and I'm trying to be more of a listener than a 'teller'. It's slowly working, and I feel our relationship strengthening. She even asked me to accompany her to an appointment yesterday (1 hr drive each way) so we got to talk on the way. It's been so nice to reconnect.

My other daughter (14) is becoming more social at school. Usually she's all about the academics and is quite introverted. Lately her after school debriefs are all about the fun she had with friends in class. Does my heart good to hear how happy she is with her friends.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Aw Jo, I hear you with the teenagers. Hugs to you too Lorie on the loss of your Dad.

I've been making a conscious effort to connect better with my oldest. She's 17 now and in her last year of school. She's had some medical issues pop up this year (migraines, anxiety and some other things) etc, and is feeling the pressure about making a decision about next year. We talk more openly and I'm trying to be more of a listener than a 'teller'. It's slowly working, and I feel our relationship strengthening. She even asked me to accompany her to an appointment yesterday (1 hr drive each way) so we got to talk on the way. It's been so nice to reconnect.

My other daughter (14) is becoming more social at school. Usually she's all about the academics and is quite introverted. Lately her after school debriefs are all about the fun she had with friends in class. Does my heart good to hear how happy she is with her friends.
so good to hear this. yes, sometimes we need to listen before we speak and actually hear what they are saying...

connecting with my kids is so important to me so seeing you do that with yours.. so wonderful

(he's not a teenager anymore.. lol.. he'll be 21 in December... yikes, how the heck did that happen)
Old 06-30-2021, 11:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Great photo Jo! There is nothing harder than watching our children struggle, so when they start to come out on the other side, it is a ray of sunshine unlike any other. I am so happy that things are looking up for him, as as a result, you.

Good news on the vaccine. My son got his first shot yesterday. He was dragging his feel more than this mama liked and I finally told him that there were active cases at my work again and if I had to quarantine away from him because he was too lazy to drag himself to the CVS to get the shot, I was not going to be happy. He got the first one the same day, cause if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy. LOL
thank you my friend. yes, he is doing great, love that boy so much

and yes on your son.. that is great news, sometimes we just gotta play the 'mama' card, big time, lol
Old 07-01-2021, 05:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hugs my lovely
I hope this photo cheers you up, it sure does for me when ever I look at it. My cat is weird!
Old 07-01-2021, 05:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmStafrace View Post
Hugs my lovely
I hope this photo cheers you up, it sure does for me when ever I look at it. My cat is weird!
Your cat is gorgeous!, but then I’m a cat person sooooo
Old 07-01-2021, 07:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Congratulations to you, Jacinda, for the effort you are making to ensure your girls are happy and healthy. It sounds like it is working for both of them.

I think those late teenage years are hard on everyone. On the teen because all of the sudden they need to make life decisions and on the parent because they need to let them not only make the decision, but fail when they make the wrong ones and then let them deal with the fallout when the first instinct is the fix it all. But kids don't grow under those circumstances and neither do parents, and both need to grow to reach that next phase in their relationship. I call it the "letting them fly" phase. (Yes, Dr. Lorie is in the house this morning! LOL)

My parents, who were great parents, were not good at letting go and I really chaffed at their need to control me way past the age where they need to, so I too made a concentrated effort with my son to let him grow and let him go. We have a wonderful relationship today, so I am sure I did the right thing even though it was hard.

Sounds like you are a wise woman who knows what is right for her girls. That wisdom will serve you all well now and into the future.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry it's such a rough anniversary coming up for you, Lorie. ((HUGS))
We are going to watch fireworks this weekend in a neighboring town after hanging out in our driveway last year.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I love seeing your photos of Harlow on FB!! They always make me smile. You are such a good photographer!
Old 07-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
To help pick me up, will you all share something positive that has happened to you this week or something that you are looking forward coming up this weekend. If there is a sweet or cute photo involved, please feel free to include it. I especially love puppies and kitties.
It's been slim pickings for me. Seems I run in to more problems and bad luck than I do something good. Outside of the "we are breathing" and little things, I suppose the one good thing this week was that my middle has been invited to see the Fourth of July fireworks at Atlantic City with my parents. So not only will she get to go to the beach for the day, but she'll get to see a spectacular fireworks display - and with my parents!!

For me? Perhaps it was being able to talk to a friend that I hadn't been able to connect with in a couple of months. Life got busy for them as they moved halfway across the country and had to settle in their new life/role. It was very nice being connected with them once again and since then, my daughter has been able to reconnect with them as well.

No photos...they've been sparse these past few months.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Big hugs to you Lorie during this difficult time.

Something positive for me is I haven't exercised in so long and since mid-May I've been walking 3 miles 4 times a week. It feels great to be alone for an hour even if it's to do something I don't particularly like but I know it's good for my body and soul.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG, your puppy totally made me smile. What a sweetheart! And she looks like she loves her pool.

I had to go look at the Old Navy site to see if I was going to give them a little bit of my money too. I did. You are a bad, read this as good, influence.

I totally get about the indecision and the battle in your head. Making a decision, especially when it involves money, is torturous for me. Life is short and we need to enjoy it while we can, but I tend to worry about things and can't enjoy the day to day if I am worrying about money stuff. After my husband died, the money stuff kept me awake at night, in fact that is when my insomnia started, and gave me a fear of opening the mail because it was always filled with bad news and overdue notices. Even though I sorted through all that and have not had anything overdue in a very long time, the memory remains.

I am confident you will make the right choice for yourself and feel good about it in the end. If you do take the trip, I will look forward to the photos. If you stay home, well, I will look forward to more puppy photos. One can never, ever have enough of those.
she loves water, any type of water unless it is a bath, lol.

So glad I could help, I really think Old Navy should hire me as I do a good job of promoting them.

I am impulsive when it comes to spending money so I have to work very hard at keeping me under control. I have changed my focus, I am currently getting quotes on Scotland for next year. Scotland is on my bucket list and has been for a long time. Ireland was as well but I got to check that off in 2017. I saved for a year and treated myself to a 10 trip to Ireland for my 50th birthday. Next year I will be 55 (how did that happen?!) and I figure with getting through cancer a second time and another big birthday it is worth investigating. Or maybe I will go back to England and visit my family. Either way I want to treat myself next year for sure.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
it's been a pretty crappy week here too but something so wonderful happened the other day... our son has had a real rough time the last year and a half...too long to get into but suffice it to say... he's worked really really hard on himself to get where he is today...

he was a leader at a youth camp the last few days and he sent me this photo... it made me cry to see the joy and happiness on his face and in his eyes... it's been a long time between smiles like this.

Plus he's going for his first vaccine tomorrow and we can't wait
that is such wonderful news!! It so hard when our children hurt and we are not able to 'fix it' for them. I am happy that he is seeing the success of his hard work.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Car conversations are the best! My son and I have had some of our most meaningful and deep conversations in the car. Reconnecting and strengthening your relationship fills your momma heart I am sure. Watching our kids grow, change, flourish, struggle, find their way fills you with so many emotions.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
It's been slim pickings for me. Seems I run in to more problems and bad luck than I do something good. Outside of the "we are breathing" and little things, I suppose the one good thing this week was that my middle has been invited to see the Fourth of July fireworks at Atlantic City with my parents. So not only will she get to go to the beach for the day, but she'll get to see a spectacular fireworks display - and with my parents!!

For me? Perhaps it was being able to talk to a friend that I hadn't been able to connect with in a couple of months. Life got busy for them as they moved halfway across the country and had to settle in their new life/role. It was very nice being connected with them once again and since then, my daughter has been able to reconnect with them as well.

That is wonderful that you have been able to reconnect with a friend. Take the little things and run with them, I have started to count the little things a lot more and have found myself in a much better space.

Glad you enjoy my pics of the chocolate wonder . She is not always a willing participant but if there are treats involved she is a bit more cooperative, lol.

Thank you for your kind words about my photos, I suck at people pics, big time, lol .
Old 07-01-2021, 12:46 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

So sorry Lorie.
For me it’s been a rough week. Was supposed to go see a friend but the trip has turned into our friendship being placed on hiatus.
I still took those days off from work and plan to do some little things with my favorite little person. Maybe grab some donuts and go for a walk on the beach or grab an ice cream cone and just enjoy the day…who knows but at least it will be stress free
Old 07-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmStafrace View Post
Hugs my lovely
That is stinkin adorable! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Sorry it's such a rough anniversary coming up for you, Lorie. ((HUGS))
We are going to watch fireworks this weekend in a neighboring town after hanging out in our driveway last year.
Thanks for the hugs. It's been a bit since my dad passed and some years it isn't as bad. This year we had a family friend pass away last Friday, so that made me sad and made me think more about what it was like losing dad at this time. Usually I think about him with a smile because he was a great dad.

It is nice to be able to go places again, isn't it? Enjoy your holiday!
Old 07-01-2021, 09:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

I hope your daughter has a great time and I am glad you reconnected with your friend. With the changes you are making in your life, there are going to be challenges that make it feel like more bad than good is happening, but that is misleading. You are on your way to better, but the journey isn't always easy. The days will seem long, but before you know it, this will be just a bump in the road. (Dr. Lorie again! LOL)
Old 07-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Big hugs to you Lorie during this difficult time.

Something positive for me is I haven't exercised in so long and since mid-May I've been walking 3 miles 4 times a week. It feels great to be alone for an hour even if it's to do something I don't particularly like but I know it's good for my body and soul.
You are my hero today. Doing something you don't like because it is good for you is not my strong point. I had been doing so well on my diet, but in the last few weeks I have gotten off track, but this has inspired me to get my crap together again. Thanks Lea!
Old 07-01-2021, 09:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
she loves water, any type of water unless it is a bath, lol.

So glad I could help, I really think Old Navy should hire me as I do a good job of promoting them.

I am impulsive when it comes to spending money so I have to work very hard at keeping me under control. I have changed my focus, I am currently getting quotes on Scotland for next year. Scotland is on my bucket list and has been for a long time. Ireland was as well but I got to check that off in 2017. I saved for a year and treated myself to a 10 trip to Ireland for my 50th birthday. Next year I will be 55 (how did that happen?!) and I figure with getting through cancer a second time and another big birthday it is worth investigating. Or maybe I will go back to England and visit my family. Either way I want to treat myself next year for sure.
That sounds like a great plan and something you have definitely earned in so many ways. You should treat yourself to something big and nice for your birthday!

Ireland is on my bucket list too and we were supposed to go last year, but the dang Covid wrecked those plans. I hope to be able to plan for it again some day.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeideC View Post
So sorry Lorie.
For me it’s been a rough week. Was supposed to go see a friend but the trip has turned into our friendship being placed on hiatus.
I still took those days off from work and plan to do some little things with my favorite little person. Maybe grab some donuts and go for a walk on the beach or grab an ice cream cone and just enjoy the day…who knows but at least it will be stress free
I am sorry you are having a rough week and that your friendship is on hiatus. It's hard when that happens because friendships should be easy to maintain. But spending time with your favorite little person sounds like fun. And being stress free is always nice!
Old 07-01-2021, 11:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ireland is on my bucket list too and we were supposed to go last year, but the dang Covid wrecked those plans. I hope to be able to plan for it again some day.
It was magical! I have never felt so at peace, relaxed (except for driving) and clear minded. The people, food and landscape so inviting. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

well, this week dipped when I took our girl for her first vaccine and the idiot who booked her in booked her in for the WRONG vaccine!! I was ropable.

suffice it to say, things are looking up... we found somewhere else that had a new batch of Pfizer and she is booked in for Sunday. As I write, our son is on his way for his first Pfizer and I'm so scared they are going to mess up like they did with Jess.. although he did book it ages ago.... hold thumbs for us xx
Old 07-02-2021, 07:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
well, this week dipped when I took our girl for her first vaccine and the idiot who booked her in booked her in for the WRONG vaccine!! I was ropable.

suffice it to say, things are looking up... we found somewhere else that had a new batch of Pfizer and she is booked in for Sunday. As I write, our son is on his way for his first Pfizer and I'm so scared they are going to mess up like they did with Jess.. although he did book it ages ago.... hold thumbs for us xx
Glad you were able to get it sorted.

Here they are mixing the Pfizer and Moderna as there was a shortage of Pfizer due to the under 18s. If you get Pfizer the first time you could get Moderna for your second unless you are under 18 or in a special group. My son goes for his second today. I will remind him to ask for the Pfizer as a preference.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You are my hero today. Doing something you don't like because it is good for you is not my strong point. I had been doing so well on my diet, but in the last few weeks I have gotten off track, but this has inspired me to get my crap together again. Thanks Lea!
aww I'm so glad it's helpful to you I know you can do it!!