Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapbook pages on DVD?

Have any of you made a "movie" of your scrapbook pages and put them on DVD? I have been discouraged lately because I have 1000+ scrapbook pages on my computer that have not been printed, and I definitely don't have $1000 to print them all now. I will continue printing a little at a time. I was just thinking today that I should burn slideshows of them onto DVD so they can be enjoyed now. Ideally, I would have a scrapbook of all the pages I've made for each child (5 kids) plus a scrapbook for myself of all the pages. Of course that turns my 1000 pages into more like 5000 if I did that. Now I'm thinking maybe I should make DVDs for the kids for each year, then when they are older and move out, I can give them all their DVDs plus CDs with the scrapbook files and pics so they have them.

Anyway, just wondering if this is common and I've just been out of the loop, and if you have done it, do you have any tips?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any tips Kelley, but I think it's a great idea I save all of my pages to DVD. I also print my annually in photobooks too.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think a DVD is a great idea. And maybe just print out some of the most special pages?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The one problem could be that DVDs break down over time. Articles I've come across that address using DVDs and CDs for backup recommend checking them frequently and re-burning your entire collection every few years. So I think it's a great idea, especially for now, but you'd have to look into what the best form of media is and probably re-do it occassionally if you want them to have them long term. (Would flash drives be better than DVDs? I have no idea.)
Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think that's a great idea to enjoy them now!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks. Yeah, I had thought about the breakdown of the DVDs, so I'd plan to keep my "movie" files on the computer and re-burn when needed. I back up my PC already, so that wouldn't probably be an issue. A flash drive might be better, but I'm hoping to have it be able to play in a DVD player to make it easier.

I also was thinking it would be a neat gift for grandparents!