Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinsweetie
Default OT: stress fat

ok girls, HOW do you get rid of stress fat around your belly? i have been running/walking for 2 weeks now and it is not going away. i know some of it is the mommy baby pooch that i won't ever get totally rid of since i had 2 babies and i am small. some of it may be from the prednisone and swelling that i had (i posted a pic about 2 moths ago) but I have been off prednisone since the middle of april. i am just irritated with this whole thing. when i put on jeans i have a muffin top. i have NEVER had a muffin top. i do not need to loose weight (5'5" and weigh 105 lbs.) i just need to get rid of this roll of belly fat i have never had before. any advice?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

If you find the answer, let me know.
My muffin top is the bane of my existence. It gets better when I do my Jillian workouts and am running, but it never really goes away. Even when I was in the best shape of my life I had a pooch and a muffin top.

ETA: 2 weeks really isn't that long, so try not to get too discouraged!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I found that paying attention to what I was eating helped. Once I was over 40 I started with the muffin top (which has to do with premenopause and lessening of estrogen and other chemical changes in the body). I cut out sugar - and I mean CUT IT OUT. No processed foods with sugars and preservatives. It was hard but now I look forward to a treat once a month of ice cream or a piece of pie, etc. I also cut out other processed things - white flour, white pasta, white rice, etc. It's whole grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables for me with lentils, beans, quinoa, bulgar, wheatberries, etc. I haven't eaten meat in about 30 years but still developed a muffin top so meat didn't have anything to do with it for me.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 05-31-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2 weeks would seem to me too little time for getting rid of a "muffin top" (it's a cute expression, never heard it before).

I'm hopeless in this area, I used to have one even when I was heavily underweight (which would be 88 pounds), so I gather it's just how my body is.

But since you didn't have it before, you can do it, just give yourself more time.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

buy some Spanx

have you tried Pilates? I think it sounds like you need some weight training to tone that area... and yeah... it takes more than 2 weeks... and yeah, it's hard to get rid of the mommy tummy after 2 kids... and yeah, cutting out processed foods and sugar will definitely help... but the easy answer is Spanx LOL.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

cut the carbs..pretty sure there's a scientific explanation about insulin and fat storage in the middle with carbs...(sugar and processed carbs)

but..i love carbs and spanx if I really need it flat lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL Heather! Gotta love Spanx!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Carbs. If I cut those drastically, I see a reduction in that area. To me - it is REALLY hard to do and keep up with. So. Eh.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was going to recommend Pilates too. I never find much difference with walking or running since like you, I'm pretty petite to begin with, but I definitely see a difference when I do Pilates. I do the MTV Pilates video but I'm sure there are other options out there as well. Cutting carbs and sugar makes a difference too but you really have to stick with it which can be tough.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I LOVE the MTV Pilates video Lynnette!!! I bought another one once, to try some variety, and I HATED it, lol. I really like the MTV Yoga too. And I do Jillian's yoga sometimes. I really need to get back into my groove and get back into the yoga/pilates. It was really good for me mentally, as well as physically.

I can't give up carbs, ever. I'd much rather have a little bit of a pooch, lol. Although I have tried to be more conscious of choosing more whole grain, natural stuff instead of the white and processed. I'm working on it, lol.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Another answer akin to the Spanx suggestion is to find jeans/pants/skirts that fit you better than the current ones do. It'll get rid of the overflow of extra body there, and while you tone that area up, you won't have to deal with the visual. Pilates is an excellent workout, as is yoga (pick your variety). Pilates is really intense when it comes to the core muscles in the back and abdominals.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

where can i find the pilates video you guys mentioned? i have yoga for the wii and thinking i will start that while i look into the pilates video.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
Carbs. If I cut those drastically, I see a reduction in that area. To me - it is REALLY hard to do and keep up with. So. Eh.
this is me too. eh.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have had that little pooch since I had my kids. Even when I got thin again there was still a little bit there. I had three c-sections though so I figure there will always be a little there no matter how thin I get.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

ok, thanks to my bestie she got me back into zumba. I made it 20 minutes before i gave out and did 50 sit ups earlier today. i am done. i am also going to try to run on the school track while cass is in basketball practice. i am going to try to get some good running shoes in kc while i am there. i wish there was a zumba class around here because i would feel more energized with people around me i think.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For those days I don't want the mtop then I put on my yummy tummy tank. I got it right after I finished breastfeeding and it really sucks in the gut but is still comfy and it looks just like a normal black tank top to anyone else. I have the spanx too for full dresses, but for everyday type I go for the tank.