Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default What's Your FAV Mini Album Topic?

Just curious - what's your favorite subject to make mini album/books about? I love mini's - my girls adore them too. I made my daughter one for her Kindergarten "graduation" day that had photos of all of her classmates and teachers, she looks at it everyday. I also keep telling myself to make "day in the life" albums for each girl at different stages, though it hasn't happened yet (sigh). Also have one for my last 2 little ones "baby's first year". Sooo anyone else wanna share what you like to do with mini's - if ya like them?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love doing mini albums... but lately I've only done them for examples in the store or for a SSD tutorial or for a blog post... haha

My favorite are these that I made for kiddo... and they are his two favorite ones... even after two years of first making these, he still will pull them out and look at them...

Book of Vehicles (more photos in the linked photo)

Dinosaur Train?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

ooo I love those! Am I allowed to post a photo of a mini album that's not using a kit from here? It's paper scrapping.... not digital at all....? I'd love to share but don't wanna break rules lol.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Marcy, I'm pretty sure you can post in the forums anything, even if it is other digital designers, just not in the galleries. Obviously someone wouldn't want to start a thread showing ALL of their non-SSD layouts, but if it goes along with the subject of the thread then it's more about sharing, not about promoting someone else.

Please do share

I've only done a couple of mini albums and, honestly, they aren't really my thing. I don't care for making them and I'm always afraid they will get ruined. I should give them a try again one of these days, now that my kids are older.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm almost done with my first one... It documents our fall fun list from last year.

It's all paper and I've been loving the process!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Oh Yay!! In that case, here is the album I made my daughter and gave her on her last day of Kinder =) It has photos of each of her classmates (with her) that I took throughout the year when visting her for lunch or class parties =) My daughter is the one on the left. I added the name of each child (and teacher) she was with in the photo so she never forgets.

(can ya'll see that? not sure if I linked it correctly)

ETA: I always make our mini albums with the 6x6 protective covers, so they are pretty durable in little hands. At least with my girls, they are pretty good at taking care of special things. (Not that I would let my 1 year old have it haha!)

Last edited by missmarcy; 01-27-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I like to do birthdays or special friends. I've done several for my girls of them and a special friend and those are the ones they treasure the most.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Trips! My son loves his little travel journals! I include lots of journalling too about what we actually did!

Tags
mini albums, mini books