Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default I had to break down and . .

I had to break down and buy a few kits!

I never have time to shop or scrap any more.....

anyway, couldn't buy something without stopping in to at least say 'hi' ... I was here.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hi Hummie! It's always a pleasure to 'see' you around.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hey Misty! You wouldn't believe what I just told hubby? I was reflecting on how long I've known you and I don't think I've ever bought one of your kits? Is that crazy? You've got awesome stuff, I just cannot afford to buy much.

Did I buy one today? I know I was looking at them....hmmmm...have to go unzip to see what I got!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh, nope...doesn't seem so. I think I was looking at a race one of yours maybe....right before I found one already in my stash I could already use.

I got Good Knight by Heather Roselli -- oh wow! There are very few castle themed ones out there for little boys and when I get to digging out all my old photos, I know I'm going to use this a lot! We even had one of those big plastic castles in the back yard and castle legos and a wooden castle and fisher price castle....they were everywhere!

I got Junior Aviator by lliella designs -- I've never heard of Lliella, but I really liked her designs and thought to myself -- hey, I need to get to know her!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ah, had fun with that great kit!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That looks great! Lliella's stuff always makes me smile.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

It's an awesome kit!

This is one of the favorites of the birthday cakes I made over the years....some of them are not so good!

I'm laughing at myself for how long it took me to tuck that star realistically behind the name.....I quit playing....I need to get this book done and do simple fast layouts.

I'm struggling though....I don't do too many two photo layouts and I've got a lot of them to do.

How did you layout go you were struggling with in the other thread?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The cake looks great. Thankfully my mom makes all the cakes for the kiddos birthday. If I had to do it, they'd get plain 'ole cupcakes every year.

It's coming. I think I have the basic page design I like - photos, title and journaling all in place. Now I'm just playing with embellishments and other tidbits. I'm a slow scrapper.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm a slow scrapper too. And I'm the same way...start with photos, title, and journaling...and then add whatever afterwards.

These I may go back and add journaling...the focus of the shutterfly book is the cakes though....when I actually scrap all the birthday photos I'll do more journaling then. It's odd that I don't journal much.

This one is Good Knight by Heather Rosalli...loved playing around!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Bummer....I posted so Heather and lliella would see what I did -- I guess this got buried. I always try to give back to designers by sharing what I did when I use their stuff.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummie View Post
Bummer....I posted so Heather and lliella would see what I did -- I guess this got buried. I always try to give back to designers by sharing what I did when I use their stuff.
the forums get kinda busy and they don't always see the posts..if you post them in your gallery and add them to the individual designer gallery as well there's a better chance they will see them there

wonderful looking cakes and LOs!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I dont like leaving my images all over the internet...kind of funny that way I guess. I used to upload and then try to remember to come back to delete after a while, but now I find images everywhere when I log in and I'm like...oh yeah...I remember doing that challenge! lol

It's okay. I'm the only crazy one to read every post at any site (my own of course). I understand. I could PM them, but it's not necessary...they aren't that great anyway....I'm in a hurry to get this book done.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I was just thinking...after I wrote that...that I've done as you've suggeted before too.....not this site in particular, but maybe ....and left them and the designers never comment on them.

I wish we had the old digital scrapbooking community back from 2006 when things were different and better.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That cake is amazing!!! ...and you didn't waste time scrapping with your new kits
Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Nope! No time wasted!

Yes, I used to love to do layouts and post them in a yahoo group because I'd get immediatelly a ton of feedback.

Now, no matter where I put them online, they don't get comments..or very few....so I'm learning to scrap for me and not to need feedback from anyone.

I'm excited ...this Shutterfly book of cakes through the years is going to be a great gift for my boys.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
I wish we had the old digital scrapbooking community back from 2006 when things were different and better.
but look how far designs have come since then...I didn't start scrapping til late 06 and joined forums at the beginning of 07 but I love the community and how great it is..hard to imagine it better than it is now

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Those cakes are so great. My mom always made me cakes growing up and now she makes them for my kids. I love it!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think I'm a slow scrapper too. And I'm the same way...start with photos, title, and journaling...and then add whatever afterwards.

These I may go back and add journaling...the focus of the shutterfly book is the cakes though....when I actually scrap all the birthday photos I'll do more journaling then. It's odd that I don't journal much.

This one is Good Knight by Heather Rosalli...loved playing around!
Oh my! Great LO and goes so wonderfully with your beautiful cake too! I hope you are able to get tons of pages out of the Good Knight kit!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hey Heather!

Okay, I'm trying to wrap my head around a layout for a pizza decorated cake and a frog cupcake in one layout. Uggg!

And Misty used to have a pizza kit, but I don't see it anymore. Not too many pizza themed stuff out there...amazing really.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is that a subtle hint for someone, Hummie?!

You're right though! ...it could even make a fun printable game for young kids too, starting with a plain base so they could add cut out mushrooms, pineapple, ham etc. Heather has a Pizza box already instore - now all we need is the pizza

Oh Heather....!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

lol...well...I see another kit somewhere else and I may have to break down and buy it I guess.

I'm trying to buy one of Misty's kits...but every time I see one at DST, it's not in her store anymore!

I have some free stuff of Misty's from long ago, but that's all I have in my stash. I hate to say it, but because its' funny, her free stuff long ago was horrible! It's great to have watched her grow from first designing into what she is now. Of course, back then, I didn't think it was horrible stuff. How funny we all are. I hope people delete delete delete all my old stuff I shared! I know it's horrible too!