Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2023, 11:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Most embarrassing find in your space?

I always think when watching TV shows when people get fired that they have like a plant and some photos in their box to walk away with.

Me? I'd have a giant box of snacks. Apparently I think the apocalypse is going to happen while I'm at work, I have an embarrassing amount of snacks in my office. Actually at home too lol

If you had to gather your personal items from your space (work or home space) and had to have someone watching you do it, what would you be most embarrassed about?

Old 06-14-2023, 11:28 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Haha Your apocalypse comment made me LOL over here!

Oh god... this is quite the question.

For me... I think I have an embarrassing number of diamond painting kits that I have purchased but haven't started. It's like collecting them is a thing... the same goes for spiral notebooks and pens. I have soooooo many and so many that have never been written in/with.

Also... socks and I don't even wear socks most of the time, but there are an embarrassing number of socks stuffed in cup holders, couch cushions, console bins, etc. My teens are animals and take them off when they get home from work and then I find socks everywhere.

And fur... with a golden and a maine coon, I could literally vacuum all day everyday and there would still be floof balls flying around. When we moved, the state under our couch and behind our headboard was truly embarrassing! wanted to die when the movers took furniture out of some of our rooms.
Old 06-14-2023, 11:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I worked for the same company for over 15 years, so when my health got so bad I had to go on short-term and then long-term disability, I had boxes upon boxes of stuff to take home.

In the category of most embarrassing, I had a collection of various scented body sprays as well as wet wipes and deodorant in one of my filing cabinets. I was terrified of sweating through my clothes and smelling less than pleasant in a meeting.

Old 06-14-2023, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Toothbrushes. I have at least 10 toothbrushes in my locker at work. For whatever reason, I tend to grab a new one but never toss the old one when I brush after lunch. While maybe not embarrassing at a dental office- it is weird. I'd probably throw them away instead of boxing them up tho!
Old 06-14-2023, 04:58 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I can't think of anything embarrassing. When I retired almost 6 years ago, I had started taking a few things at a time so that I only had a small box of things on the last day. I did have multiple small Longaberger baskets (for paper clips, small pads of paper and pens) but I moved that stuff to other desk supply holders before the last day. I did have quite a few pens to bring home since I used a certain kind and bought my own.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love your inquiry Trina!!!

Before retirement, when I was working I had a trillion pens and highlighters squirreled away in my desk drawer ... I had just about as many sticky note pads stored away.

All of those pens and highlighters came home with me when I retired and they are still squirreled away in a drawer - along with brand new notepads and spiral notebooks. I love to buy notebpads and notebooks that are pretty and then I am afraid to ruin them by writing in them.

A few months ago I started getting rid of my Happy Planner stash - at one time I had 25 of them!!
Old 06-14-2023, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
And fur... with a golden and a maine coon, I could literally vacuum all day everyday and there would still be floof balls flying around. When we moved, the state under our couch and behind our headboard was truly embarrassing! wanted to die when the movers took furniture out of some of our rooms.
We had that problem when we moved too - not something we do often enough, pulling out the furniture lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I worked for the same company for over 15 years, so when my health got so bad I had to go on short-term and then long-term disability, I had boxes upon boxes of stuff to take home.

In the category of most embarrassing, I had a collection of various scented body sprays as well as wet wipes and deodorant in one of my filing cabinets. I was terrified of sweating through my clothes and smelling less than pleasant in a meeting.
When I went on medical leave last summer for a surgery we were also moving buildings while I was off, and the things I had to sneak out of my office (I've been there 12 years ....) - not work items, but personal items that had to go home lol I totally get not wanting to sweat through!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post

All of those pens and highlighters came home with me when I retired and they are still squirreled away in a drawer - along with brand new notepads and spiral notebooks. I love to buy notebpads and notebooks that are pretty and then I am afraid to ruin them by writing in them.

I love notebooks too!!! Way too many of them - and I barely even use paper at work anymore lol

Old 06-14-2023, 10:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When our office moved several years ago, I had also accrued several drawerfuls of snacks, tea, condiments, soup, etc. If we had ever been snowed in, I could have at least fed my team for a day or three and probably provided 1/2 of them with a mug. The cubicles at the new office had less storage so a few of those boxes just sat around the house for awhile before getting tossed. Apparently I never ate that food at work for a reason.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Haha! I'd have nothing. Seriously, I'm a minimalist at work - I don't really take personal things in. That's highly influenced by my years in the Army though. Even now I'm out, I keep work and home life separate as much as I can. Now, if you were asking about my desk at home, that's a whole other story. No minimalization going on there. At any point in time you can guarantee multiple coffee mugs and drink bottles on my desk because I bring them INTO the room quite happily but forget to take them out again until I need the desk space. Nothing embarrassing though, unless you count the amount of chocolate wrappers in my rubbish bin
Old 06-15-2023, 07:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=jacinda;1063136490]Haha! I'd have nothing. Seriously, I'm a minimalist at work - I don't really take personal things in. That's highly influenced by my years in the Army though. Even now I'm out, I keep work and home life separate as much as I can. /QUOTE]

This is me (minus the army thing) - I'm a minimalist at work. I tend to keep personal things away from work. I don't even have a pic at my desk. I've got my calendar and a few cable cords for charging my phone and headset. I take my water bottle home every night.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post

For me... I think I have an embarrassing number of diamond painting kits that I have purchased but haven't started. It's like collecting them is a thing... the same goes for spiral notebooks and pens. I have soooooo many and so many that have never been written in/with.

I feel your pain on the fur, we've got an American Akita and they are double coated.

Also, hey look, me over here, I love notebooks and pens. I write in them too. I'm a big note taker and I write poetry, so anytime you're ready to get rid of them, let me know.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Love your inquiry Trina!!!

Before retirement, when I was working I had a trillion pens and highlighters squirreled away in my desk drawer ... I had just about as many sticky note pads stored away.

A few months ago I started getting rid of my Happy Planner stash - at one time I had 25 of them!!

Hey...look...me over here..... I will take all notebooks!!!! Lol.
I write in them and use them up quickly. Send me your wares!!!! lol

Old 06-15-2023, 07:47 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

There's nothing I'd be embarrassed about. I work in an elementary school; the past week I've been moving my stuff out of the room I'm in cuz I won't be there next year. (I'm a para. I move all over lol.) Anyway, I will say I do have a large airtight container of candy. I shared it with the teacher I'm with this year and with a few others...can't tell the whole school, or the container would be empty in an hour rofl.

But I'm not embarrassed about my candy stash. I'm grateful for the sugar when I need it and happy to provide for others. Oh, and the kids know I have this. Can't keep it secret from them. They don't listen when you want, but they sure do hear a candy wrapper opening rofl!
Old 06-15-2023, 08:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have less personal items this year as I went from being solo in my space to a new building and sharing with two others.

I do have all my crown sayings and my big stuffed flamingo Fiona that would come with me. I also apparently have a thing for Post-It notes and pens from the different colleges and universities that have visited over the years and programs we have in our board. Notebooks, yes add me to the list of collecting notebooks, work, and home.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:11 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I didn't have notebooks at work but boy do I have them at home!

I actually have one from my college days that had lots of empty pages. I didn't need the written on pages so tore them out and am using it. Sits right her on my desk.

Oh yeah.... I was in college from 1974 to 1978.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not sure I would say embarrassed but around my chair at home where I hang out you may find chocolate wrappers but mostly I lose the dang tops to soda bottles...LOL I clean out from under our couch periodically and find a few under there...other than that pens, pencils and books.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I keep my office tidy, but I am embarrassed by the amount of cups, glasses, plates & bowls I accumulate. I am in here all day long & I eat as I work, so I have to do the walk of shame every night when my husband is loading the dishwasher & out I come with a weeks worth of crockery
Old 06-15-2023, 08:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Jacinda and Kiana. I don't think I had anything personal to bring home with me when I packed up my classroom last year.

When we had to get everything out of our bedroom cabinets for painting last year, I was like, "Why do I have all this stupid stuff???" It's no big deal when you can put it in a cabinet, but to see it all spread out in your living room is a different matter all together.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I work from home so it’s a combo of cat fur/tissues and my water glass…from last week��
Old 06-18-2023, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
I work from home so it’s a combo of cat fur/tissues and my water glass…from last week��
I don't work from home ... and I have to do the walk of shame with the water glasses too lol