Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy OMG,OMG,HELP!!!

so my Girl was supposed to be napping, supposed key word! After a little while of crying I went upstairs to put her back in her bed, only to find her on top of her change table with the VASELINE spread EVERYWHERE. . . . the big, vaseline. . . .so she had it on her clothes, the wall, her Bear-Bear! and ALL in her hair. . . HELP LADIES!!! I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, wash with dishsoap, lemon juice, the corn startch. . .its not coming out. . .so I have a screaming kid and Vaseline everywhere. . .when I find the humor in this again, I will post the pics I HAD to take! LOL,

Proud to be creating for:

Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

Oh no.... did you try rubbing alcohol?? that is the first thing that pops into my head... that should be fairly safe too... at least for the clothes, etc...

i create for
Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

OMG! Mine never did this, but I would think dish liquid would work to get the grease out eventually! I believe a girl from my playgroup had that same situation. I'm POSITIVE your girl is not the only one to have done this.

I'm so sorry! What a stinker! LOL
Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

DO NOT USE COLD WATER it makes it worse Use warm or hot on the clothing and stuff...warm on the kid

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Meg sounds like she knows from experience LOL
Old 03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Here's a tip for her hair

If you apply a little cornstarch to the hair and carefully pat it into the hair, it will absorb some, if not all the vaseline. After you apply the cornstarch you can shampoo it out with a good clarifying shampoo and it should be removed. If the vaseline is not completely removed in the first treatment, it will be removed to the point where one more treatment will remove all of it. Be sure to use warm to hot water in the shampoo

another

you can try putting about 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mixing it with a regular baby shampoo and this should help. Unfortunately Vaseline is petroleum based and can be almost impossible to remove. If the clarifying or baking soda does not work, try using soft tissue to blot the hair and see if that removes some of it.

You can try a good clarifying shampoo like Edwin Paul Classic Shampoo, Vain Peppermint Strip or Philou Green Apple. Or you can try putting about 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mixing it with a regular baby shampoo and this should help. Unfortunately Vaseline is petroleum based and can be almost impossible to remove. If the clarifying or baking soda does not work, try using soft tissue to blot the hair and see if that removes some of it.

Apply a little cornstarch and rub it into the hair, it will absorb some, if not all the vaseline and then you can shampoo it out and it should get better.

just c/p these from the net lol..never had it in hair thankfully (that--or my kids were still baldish when they got into it!!)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Meg sounds like she knows from experience LOL

haha YES...THEN baby powder on top..i think at that point it woulda been easier to just move than clean it all. It took DAYS

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

More ideas from a mommy board lol

wow coke...didn't think of that--it works for rust who knew it would work for vaseline lol

Tip #1: When my son was a baby, I kept a nursery jar of vaseline on the window next to his bed (yes, I know, bad location!) One day just after Christmas I went in to get him up from his nap to find vaseline on the wall, the bed, the sheets, the curtains... and in his hair. I was able to get it off everything else, but it wouldn't come out of his hair. I tried everything-- from baby shampoo to dish washing detergent. Finally, I tried the bar of glycerine soap my husband had put in my Christmas stocking, and presto! One baby with very clean hair!...Suzi

Tip #2: My friend has a little girl who recently coated her hair with Vaseline and after repeated washings, it still looked greasy. I suggested using an egg. She beat an egg in a bowl, lathered it into her hair, rinsed it out, and shampooed as usual. Worked great!...Laura

Tip #3: My ten-year old came home from camp today with her head COVERED in Vaseline. We tried shampoo, Dawn dishwashing liquid, Go-Jo hand cleaner, corn starch - all to no avail. Remembering that peanut butter removed gum from her hair when she was small, I thought I would give it a try. It worked like a charm!...Carmen

Tip #4: I got my tip from Vaseline themselves....use a hair dryer to liquidify the vaseline, blot with paper towel, then wash hair with shampoo that does NOT have a conditioner in it and repeat if necessary...Rebecca

Tip #5: I recently got Vaseline in my hair after putting it on a burn and had a hard time getting it out. What got it out for me was simply a bar of soap. Don't use shampoo. Just scrub your hair with a bar or ordinary soap and rinse. I repeated about twice and it was all gone. This was a day after I got it in my hair...Josh

Tip #6: I was listening to Esther Williams a while ago, mentioning that her '50s and '40s hairstyles were kept together underwater with a mixture of vaseline and baby oil. Then I made the mistake of getting the stuff in my hair. Head & Shoulders shampoo is good stuff, and normally very effective - but it had no effect on the vaseline. Five days running, and it was still in there after repeated washings. Did keep the hair flat in a wind, though. I got it out with RC Cola. More than once. Just pour a little of it in your hair and rinse. Repeat if you need to. It's quick, painless, and uses stuff most of us have in the fridge. I haven't found any normal soap (lye might work?) that could take out vaseline like Coke does. Simple and effective. The police, I'm told, use RC, Pepsi, or Coke to clean away bloodstains at the scene of messy traffic accidents.

Tip #7: After trying 6 different shampoos, pepsi, and corn starch, I tried an almost forgotten sample of Burt's Bee's Mint Shampoo Bar as a last resort. It worked!!!...Tobi

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

you will laugh about this someday! I don't have any better advice than I see here. Just wanted to say good luck, I hope you can get the most of it out.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

lol I'm laughing away because Ce did that to himself AND the cat I just washed it lots and lots- it eventually comes out lol. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

bet that was one cool cat!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tracey

Haha Lauren! Emma did that to our cat too...he is a long haired persian......so needless to say...we had to get him shaved! lol!

I hope you can eventually get all this vasaline up Shannon! Good Luck
Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

omg Shannon... lol... You'll be glad someday that you took pictures!!!! I have no suggestions though.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

omigosh, I am cracking up here! Vaseline . . . yeah that stuff is hard to get out.

and cats? oh boy . . . bet those were some very unhappy cats.

this reminds me of the time when I was a kid and got mad at my sister. So i covered her Snoopy piggy bank with Vaseline. I don't think we ever got it all off and it became quite the dust magnet.

Good luck with getting it out!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Here's a tip for her hair

If you apply a little cornstarch to the hair and carefully pat it into the hair, it will absorb some, if not all the vaseline. After you apply the cornstarch you can shampoo it out with a good clarifying shampoo and it should be removed. If the vaseline is not completely removed in the first treatment, it will be removed to the point where one more treatment will remove all of it. Be sure to use warm to hot water in the shampoo
we tried this, it has worked some, I did it quite a few times and by the end she was crying so hard, she was shaking, urgg. . . . I will try again when she wakes up from her nap. . . . .I went to try and find some clarifiy shampoo with no luck of course. . . small town pharmacy didn't carry any . . .Thanks gals for the tips!!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OHH!!! I am going to try the coke instead when she wakes up! Hope that works!! The store closed at 4:30 so whatever I use it has to be something I have at home!!!
Poor kid. . . .the rug is a mess in her room!!! My DH and I just took all climbable furniture out of her room, and ALL the bath/baby stuff!! What was I thinking leaving it in her room!!!!????

Old 03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Having 5 year twins ( Who I believe are out to get me, btw) you would think something like that would have happened to me but thankfully I has not. So far the worst thing they have done is write on their WHITE walls with permanent markers.....

I hope the coke works and I am sorry you had to deal with that mess!!!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

OMG....I have no advice, but I hope the Coke works and I can't wait to see the pictures..La, do you have any of the cat pictures with vaseline??? poor kitty...with all my kids you woul dthink one of them would have done it, but I still have 2 little ones thatI don't put anything by! My kids just like to use permanent marker and mark on everything UGH!!!! Thank God for Magic Erasers!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

here are the pics! LOL, I laugh now!!! hehehehe

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...62&ppuser=2965

Old 03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Oh my goodness, that's too funny! My sister did something similar, except with Desitin! On her christening!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yikes! Once time I walked into my living room to find my oldest lathering my youngest (probably younger than 1 at that time) w/Vaseline on her cheeks and face. I usually don't leave them unattended but was putting something away in another room (or was it going to the restroom lol). So luckily I wasn't gone long.

Oh poor girl - looks like she got a good amount in the frong part of her hair. Oh that bottom photo - poor girl.

==> Click HERE if you dare <==
Old 03-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

>>>>> running to Rhett's room to remove the vasoline<<<<<<

Poor baby - and mommy! What a pain to get that stuff out!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tracey

LOL Kat...hurry!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

i have to laugh because she looks os happy with herself!! :-) i love that shirt too... i might need to take a trip to old navy this week as we have a st. patty's parade this weekend...

i create for
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Way back before #3, I used to work evening and one night my hubby called me asking how do you get vaseline, lotion and hair gel out, apperently our daughter had tried to do her hair, I am pretty sure he used Palmolive dish soap, and it worked.

I also had our son try to spike his hair with Vicks Vapo Rub, let me tell you when you walked in to his room the next morning your sinuses were cleared
C

Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hehehehe...

Yup - happens to the best of us!

Vaseline, baby powder, KY...

Well, at least she didn't eat it and her skin will be protected from the winter weather.

{{hugs Mommy}}
Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man! I know that wasn't fun at the time! But those pics are too cute! Gotta love kids!