Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2024, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Paper scrapbooks to digital?

So, I print all my layouts into bound 8x8 books? I have my son?s scrapbook in paper 12x12. Has anyone taken a photo of the paper pages to print in a bound book? How did it look? Or should I redo the pages? I don?t have a 12x12 scanner.

Also anyone know of a good iPhone app to ?scan? photos? I was using one but they charged like $14/yr? and bonus points if you can name the photos what you want (ie I like to put the date, people and description word).
Old 01-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea! bumping the thread for you

Old 01-03-2024, 11:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bet a newer model iPhone would be fine. If it were me, I would probably get one of those arms that holds your phone perfectly level to the page so that it doesn't come out looking warped. My newish iPhone elongates things sometimes (like my daughter's legs if it's at an angle. . .weird!). Good luck with your project!
Old 01-03-2024, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I print 8x8 as well and have thought of doing the same thing but didn't know how it would turn out.

Old 01-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I would figure out how to make your pages as flat as possible (I'm assuming they're in bound books somehow?) and then, as already stated, use a tripod to keep your phone level. iPhones have a level in the camera as an option, so you can set it up and then use a remote to take the photos. That way you're not moving the camera at all, which will get you a crisp image.

As for an app...IDK. I would just take the pics and then use something like Bulk Name Utility to rename things/change metadata. You'd have to change by month or year or whatever, but that might be quicker than doing it page-by-page.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I was just talking about this with my family- they were joking that in a fire the first thing I'd grab would be the dogs, then my scrapbooks.. lol! I said scrapbooks can be replaced as they are almost all digital except a couple old albums of traditionally paper scrapbooks. We then talked about how to digitize them so that I wouldn't have to take them in case of an emergency. All joking aside- the first thing I'd grab (besides the dog) is my EHD!

I haven't looked into scanning them but have thought of just taking photos & then books made... I'm following along for any other suggestions/tips/tricks too!
Old 01-03-2024, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only know to scan them with a scanner that can do a 12x12 or take photo with a high resolution camera. But just in case, I will surely pick up my dog and cat while screaming at my husband to get our daughter and her school bag while I run and get my ehds and photobooks.
Old 01-03-2024, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you take photos of the pages, lay them down on the floor outside, in natural light (on the porch is a good spot). Then stand on a stool or chair and try to hang from above to take photo so it's not on an angle. I used to have to do this for paper scrap pages when I submitted online.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

thanks for the suggestions... I just don't know... some pages I wouldn't mind recreating... but to do them all.. ugh. Maybe I'll just have to try and see what happens.
Old 01-04-2024, 10:24 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I had a scrapbook that I wanted to give my cousin from his days of playing college football. I ended up taking it to a print shop in town and she made jpg scans of all the pages. It was an album using CM pages with the jeeping so not actually a 12x12 page. Her scans had a very small portion of the jeeping showing.

My cousin has the original album and loves it!
Old 01-04-2024, 02:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Back in the day when I paper scrapped, I used to scan one side and then the other and then stitched them together somehow. I can't remember, as it's been probably 18 years! I would also check with office supplies places like Office Depot or Office Max, or try calling litigation support places -- they have scanners large enough to scan things like blueprints and plats.
Old 01-06-2024, 12:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did a few ages ago from my paper album to my daughter's. I had it done at either Staples or Office Depot. They were decent.