Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Angry WARNING: Rant!!!

I'm so annoyed! Last year, while Jaime was deployed, he had some gourmet strawberries sent to me from Shari's Berries for Mother's Day. I LOVED it...I thought it was such a sweet, unique gift from far away. Anyway, today I went to their website to order some for my mom for Mother's Day. I chose a dozen strawberries on sale for $29.95...not bad in my opinion. I figured shipping would be around $15. So, I get done putting in all my info and get to the confirmation page, only to see that they're going to charge me $27.98 for shipping!!! I couldn't believe it! Call me crazy, but I that is highway robbery!! It can't possibly cost them that much to ship those berries...can it?? Anyway, I ended up backing out of my order and leaving a review about how disappointed I was. I'm sad cuz I know she would have loved them. I think I'll be calling a florist in her area. lol Sigh...
Old 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do believe it costs that much when it comes to shipping food... do I think it should be that much? Heck no!! We had ordered those "healthy" donuts from Holy Donuts (I think it was) and it was like $30 for shipping... granted when it came, they were packed in this very sturdy styrofoam cooler with reusable ice packs... yeah, we haven't ordered since because of the shipping... when you have to pay more for shipping than the product, that is hard for me to agree too...
Old 05-07-2013, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ouch. Yeah, I wouldn't pay for that either.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, food is just expensive I think. Adam bought his parents some frozen meat from a BBQ place here so they could try Texas BBQ. The shipping was like $40 - more than the gift itself. We had no idea it'd be that expensive to ship.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Plus this past January, priority and express shipping were completely jacked up.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Google for coupon codes. I know we ordered flowers for my MIL and I googled "radio coupons" along with the site name and came up with a ton of coupons and just picked the best deal. I ended up getting flowers, chocolates, lotion/spa stuff, the flowers and a vase for half price. Shipping didn't seem so bad when compared with the deal I got.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

That's a shame their taking advantage (so it seems) with insanely high shipping prices has lost them a return customer. I wonder how many other folks have done the same and backed out of their orders.