Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default easter/passover weekend

what are your plans?

i'm actually at work today and there is almost no one here. blah.
easter mass in the am. we'll do an egg hunt and a simple dinner in the afternoon.

hope you have a fabulous time with your family!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Celebrating with Good Friday Seder meal tonight with my Dad who is coming to stay with us this weekend, tomorrow is family fun day + Resurrection Cookie preparation and ending devotions tomorrow night, then Resurrection Day Worship with the family on Sunday and Birthday party celebration for my grandmother after church since everyone is here!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We've already had our egg hunt this week. I think this afternoon I'll go over the resurrection eggs so the kids can get more familiar with why we celebrate Easter. Tomorrow we will color eggs. Then Sunday is church & baskets & dinner at Grandma's house.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Tonight we'll go to the Good Friday service and Moriah will partake in her first communion since becoming a Christian, she's so excited and it's all she's talking about today

Saturday: Home Depot Kids Workshop and then we'll be putting together a little care package for our next door neighbor who had a house fire on Wednesday... and I need to go clothes shopping for Sunday since I won't be able to wear jeans like I usually wear and I don't quite fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet, even with Spanx LOL and then after dinner we'll make resurrection cookies before heading to bed for the kids... and I'll be heading to bed early too

Sunday: singing in two contemporary services on the worship team in the morning and then we'll crash in the afternoon... I might make a nice dinner for the evening if I'm up for it LOL, but I have a feeling I'll be crashing and we'll have an Easter egg hunt using our Resurrection eggs (which are still packed away somewhere and I haven't found them yet), I just hope I have the energy LOL... then I need to get ready for another week of homeschooling
Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well - Kiddo wants to make cupcakes... so might do that this morning or afternoon... Kiddo and I will go to Good Friday service this afternoon... then clean house. FIL and MIL are flying in from Seattle after visiting BIL... so they will be stopping at our house to pick up FIL's computer that he left here on Monday, so DH can "fix" it... SIL will be coming over tonight, too... have to signed taxes that DH did for her...

Tomorrow... probably color eggs and decorate - if we don't do that today.

Sunday - 6:00AM Easter service... then hubby goes off to work radio, and kiddo and I go with my mom and step dad for breakfast. If we are done by 9 - then I'll drop J off at a special children's activity at church. Then after DH gets home, mom and step dad come over for egg hunt and Easter dinner...
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Tonight we have a Good Friday service, but I'm not feeling very well so I'm not sure if we'll go or not.

Tomorrow we have the Home Depot building workshop, followed by an Easter egg hunt in the park...a local church sponsors it and it is jam packed...but if Rachel wants to go, we will.

Sunday morning she'll get her Easter basket, and then we will head for Easter morning service at church.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing big planned for us - we aren't religious so no services, etc. I actually am working on call from this morning until Sunday at 5 pm, which means I'll be working my regular duties plus be on hand for any issues that come up over the weekend with the hospitals/clinics. Thankfully I do this at home

Cheyanne is going to dye some eggs tonight because she thinks is fun and on Saturday we're going to see the Hunger Games. She'll get her basket Sunday morning and look for the eggs she dyed. We don't have any family close by at this time of year so we usually have Chinese food on Easter
Old 04-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
easter mass in the am. we'll do an egg hunt and a simple dinner in the afternoon.
This is us. The egg hunt is not guaranteed though.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Baking all day today for family lunch tomorrow. Mini photo session this afternoon with a friend's kids. The kids get their Easter baskets tomorrow morning and then we have family coming to my parents' house for a big lunch..we may go to our church egg hunt tomorrow afternoon. Sunday we have church services from 8-12...Lord's Supper, breakfast on the ground, Sunday school and then regular services.

So a pretty busy weekend for me lol

Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

We don't celebrate either so nothing much different going on here today. We did Ostara eggs back on the equinox & discovered that the brown eggs our hens lay do not take dye well.

DS1 has baseball practice Saturday & Sunday we are getting together with some friends for a cookout.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturday night is game night, we are staying overnight to do easter with our friends as well. Sunday morning is bunny pancakes, then an egg hunt, and more games until dinner.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Passover starts at sundown tonight and runs for 8 days but the first two nights have special events. Tonight we'll be at my Aunts and tomorrow at DH's Aunt.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not religious over here, so our week-end will be laid back. Colour some eggs, egg hunt, and Sunday dinner for family at our house. Haven't decided what I'm making, yet, but the desert is always a chocolate fondue.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We used to have a weekend of events planned with family and friends back in PA, huge extended family breakfast on Good Friday morning followed by a visit to the family plot at the cemetery just to pay our respect to those who aren't with us any longer, kids day on Saturday with events based on the weather and then services for those who went on Sunday and a big family dinner at the grandparents afterwards. I miss those days and feel kinda blue that I wasn't with them all this morning.

Now that we are in Indiana and so far away, we have quiet holidays. Today I am off work so I am doing chores and scrapping until my son gets home from work and then we will have a nice dinner. Tomorrow my sister and her husband will be over to help with some work around the house and I will make a big supper for us all and then Sunday will be Easter baskets.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am hosting my family this year for Easter. I've got a brisket marinating in the fridge right now and I'm going to clean in a little bit. Tomorrow, everyone will arrive and we will eat and die eggs. On Sunday morning, we will go to church together and then have brisket, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, etc for lunch. It's going to be a good weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's pretty uneventful for us.

Today the kids go to daycare at noon, I go in to my office, DH will hopefully still be sleeping. We're having leftover chili on Baked potatoes for dinner, then dying eggs, dh will go to work, the kids & I will have a slumber party in the living room.

Tomorrow I have a birthday session, then we're going to my sisters MIL's house for dinner, where I'm doing 2 mini-sessions for her & her SIL, DH will go to work.

Sunday we are hanging around home, with no plans. I suppose I should go get a few little things for Easter baskets, and maybe I'll hide eggs for reals this year, outside. (unless of course, it's snowing, which I think is in the forecast) I bought a ham to cook for dinner & I think I want to make some homemade rolls, maybe a potatoe salad and something yummy for dessert?. DH told his family that we have no plans & they are welcome to stop by & see us, but we're not doing any big dinners or anything. FIL is bringing the kids the old 4-wheeler that never gets used at home, so we'll have some fun on that. DH works again that night.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No religious stuff here either. We went out with a friend and her family to our favourite Italian restaurant for our lunch earlier on and now I am munching on a chocolate egg and making a few cards. Tomorrow and Sunday will be more of the same - just enjoying being on holiday from school, crafting, eating more chocolate eggs, watching some television that I've recorded over the last month and haven't had time to watch and eating more chocolate until I am sick of it I've got some baking plans for the kitchen but my car isn't moving off my driveway and if I can persuade my Dad to walk our doggie I'll be living in my pyjamas for a few days
Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I already went to Good Friday service today at noon and caught up with an old friend afterwards.

Tomorrow morning, my parents' neighborhood are having an egg hunt, so we will do that and later tomorrow Miss Monkey is going to dye eggs for the first time. DH will also be meeting up with us here in the afternoon.

Monkey and I are going to church Sunday morning, I think my mom and sister are going to hide some eggs in the house for her and give her a big Easter basket, and then my mom is hosting dinner afterwards. We will have to leave for home after that.

A busy weekend for us, actually!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had to work today so DH took the kids to the park for a picnic and planted some more things in the garden.

Tomorrow we're driving down to see my family. We're going to their church Spring Fling so the kids can hunt eggs and play there. We'll dye eggs tomorrow evening and hide them. Sunday will be church and then everyone will come to my parents' house for lunch; then drive back home and get ready for work/school on Monday.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We don't have any local family, so holidays are pretty low key unless we travel. We aren't doing any Passover Seders, but we talk about the reason for the holiday. Then there will be 8 days of listening to my kids gripe about not being able to have bread and bread products while DH sneaks off to buy sandwiches behind their backs. Fun times.

Not much going on here for the weekend. DS has baseball practice tomorrow and we have some errands to run. On Sunday DH is going to go into work to catch up on some things, so it will be me and the kids hanging out alone here until at least lunchtime. I'm hoping we'll all do something together in the afternoon, maybe rent a movie or do something crafty. Monday is the kids' last day of spring break, so I'm thinking about taking them swimming at an indoor pool.