Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default My story

I've been thinking about this for a while and have decided to make it my long term project (as if I needed another). I will be making a photo/scrap book(s) about my life from the day I was born and all the way til when I had my first kid. I make books for my kids, one for each of their years, but wanted them to have a little part of me and their father. I also plan to include a little about their grandparents, great grandparents and their long lost relatives. I've also asked the grandparents and great grandparents who are still alive, to write a letter/story for the kids. That way, they'll have personal words and the history of their family in writing.
So now all I have to do is sift through all my childhood pictures and my husbands childhood pictures, get them digitalised and scrap on.

Anyone else do this? How is it getting along? Any advice?

Wish me luck!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been picking away at my BoM for a few years. I wish I could just go through everything and get it all done, but I usually just do a page here and there to mix things up and get me out of any scrappy ruts I may have when scrapping in the now. I started by listing my most memorable memories... then sifted through the pictures, most things I had to just write (up until my mid 20's I hated having my picture taken and avoided it at all costs -- it's pretty amusing since now I'm the queen of selfies lol). I love your idea of getting the personal letters to and for the kids, that is going to make your album beyond special!! It sounds like you have a great idea to start out on, and I look forward to any pages you decide to share, with any luck it may inspire me (or any others trying to take on this task), to get back to work

Good Luck!!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to do this for myself someday.....but I still need to get caught up on my kiddos first. LOL

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like a great project!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an all-about-me before kids album always on the go. I just add to it here and there as the mood hits. It's not in a cohesive album style, just an assortment of random pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
I have an all-about-me before kids album always on the go. I just add to it here and there as the mood hits. It's not in a cohesive album style, just an assortment of random pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, I have different things from growing up to my favorite music, to celebrities I have a crush on. LOL!

We have a great pinterest board, Sweet On: All About Me, has page ideas and lots of prompts.

http://www.pinterest.com/ssdpins/sweet-on-all-about-me/
Old 10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll check out the Pinterest board.
Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did a book like this when my son was small. It was wonderful looking through all the old photos! I mainly did highlights of my life, making sure to include things my son would be interested in (like pictures of my Halloween costumes!) I occasionally add something too it when a remember an event or run across a photo.

I also did a smaller book for each of his Grandparents. Grandchildren often don't realize their 'grandparents' were kids once with dreams, hopes, challenges, struggles and victories. I love the pictures of my Dad in the 1950's in his 'cowboy' clothes and his highschool marching band photos from the early 1960's. Those were really fun to scrap!

My advice: find a story or photo that inspires you and build on it that way. Once I found the photo of my Dad in the cowboy clothes I just couldn't wait to scrap it. Make it inspirational for you rather than 'chronological' to-do-list.

Let me see if I can find a few pages...these are from 2010:

About my Dad:

About my DH's (my son's Dad) childhood

One of the trip I took in the 1990's:

And me!! Eegads...don't be afraid to scrap those pictures with the crazy hair-do's!

Last edited by kristijoy; 10-01-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

And as a bonus...if you scrap about your parents...it makes a wonderful gift! I made a book about all my Dad's mountaineering adventures a few years back. He LOVED it!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like an awesome project!!!